• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Splash Landings repaints

Guys, please stop looking to the theming or story of this hotel - you are all clearly mistaken.

It is themed to a toodlers nursery with crayons. That it is.

I hate it when they tamper with original well thought out themes.

Now we have an awkward mess of a caribbean village and a children's comic book.

I think you would be hard pressed to find any themed hotel in the world that is as garish as Splash Landings is at the moment.

dapy3ara.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

CoasterCrazyChris said:
I think you would be hard pressed to find any themed hotel in the world that is as garish as Splash Landings is at the moment.

Oh really? ;)

Disneys%20All-Star%20Sports%20Resort%201.jpg

Err... I think they missed the point that the original balustrades were supposed to look faded. Whoops...

And recycled plastic is a very rough, ugly looking material and should have never been used.

Using plastic is a good idea as, like they said, it lasts longer and us easier to keep clean. I just hope they chose a decent colour that blends in with the current feel

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

But you can't get a suitable finish on recycled plastic, it's always dyed a solid colour and makes things look… plasticky.

The waterpark had adopted a hint of "children's playground" this year, especially now a play equipment company has left their logos on the new fixtures in Wacky Waterworks. Whilst such tacky branding and primary coloured banisters wouldn't spoil anybody's fun, these decisions should have been an obvious thing to avoid. Whoever was in charge didn't think beyond saving on cleaning costs.

Well okay nevermind.

Eurgh, the originals were meant to be faded. That was the whole charm of it... and the original theme of Splash Landings!

I wouldn't mind if the original theme was all bright and in your face but it wasn't - they're just changing a theme and making it tackier along the way. At least Alton Towers Hotel is staying true to its theme (for now).

I imagine the waterpark will have its usual closed period in January, so it will be interesting to see what they do then. They really need to sort the outside out. The bubble pool is so old, the floor and seats are cracked and in urgent need of attention, they don't look great with such a high entry price.

We don't seem to have a general hotel thread, so ill also put this in here. Work started yesterday on a refurbishment of Flambos and Margs in Splash Landings. Infact they pretty much started ripping out Flambos as guests were finishing their breakfast! No idea what will be changing, but it seems pretty major. By 2pm when we left, all the food counters in Flambos had been removed and the fountain was being taken a part.

994041_564343836969398_1526128820_n.jpg

I Don't think you can stay in Splash for the next few weeks, however the waterpark is still open. I guess the would will be complete by the end of this month before it gets busy for Christmas.

Whoa, quite a refurb if you can't even stay in the hotel at the moment!

Cautiously optimistic about this. I don't mind Flambos but frankly Margs was awfully basic and awfully awful.

Hopefully this refurb might somehow mean quicker service at the bar...

Will be interesting to see what is done though. It seems like fairly major work!

:)

Rob said:

Will be interesting to see what is done though. It seems like fairly major work!

You mean a Fastrack queue? :p

Novas said:
Rob said:

You mean a Fastrack queue? :p

Oh god!! I was thinking more serving points and staff but now you mention it fastrack is far more likely!! ;)

But slow service is like a trademark of Ma Garritas.

Even when you're the only guest there, they take pride in a 10 min turn around time.

The service was rather quick this past weekend, and they had loads of staff in there! (Maybe helped by the fact most of the hotel management were in the bar drinking!)

The Alton Towers website states that Flambos will be closed till the 17th, which is this Sunday.

I loath the service in the hotel bars. It's impossible to get even close to being drunk in there when they take so long to serve a drink that you sober up between rounds. The staff may be chatty, but they wouldn't last an hour in a real bar. I have no interest in talking to them, just give me some booze and be quick about it!