• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Strange Rides

That's ingenious, Diogo.

As for that massive fair jobby, I quite fancy a go on it. The working practices are probably more frightening than the actual ride! I know I shouldn't be surprised by fairs on the continent by now, but I did get a bit twitchy about the hosts stepping off the dropping floor as the cycle started, then standing on a gateless platform as the arm rocketed through the rest position feet away from them. Linda would have a fit.

Remember, back then H&S boiled down to, "Sh¡t happens".

A5-O5ffCEAAYn-5.jpg:large

(Not technically Victorian, but shush).

Last edited:
I thought B&M's were exempt from being cloned by Chinese manufacturers because of some legal issue with B&M's track style being patented or similar? Or is this a custom Dive Coaster model from Golden Horse that isn't inspired by any other ride?

Half the track looks like B&M and the other half looks more like Intamin track.I think this is the first clone of a B&M ride. Shame they couldn't clone the "vertical" part which I think's quite important for a Dive Coaster.

Good one Rick.
First time my wife has ever expressed interest in an interweb photo on this site!
The holidays of her youth.
I used to love "witches hats"...don't see them nowadays.

I used to love "witches hats"...don't see them nowadays.
We always called them "space ships", as they looked like the Apollo CM. You don't get playgrounds like that any more. :( The estate I grew up on had a "climbing frame" that was pretty much just a 15 foot vertical metal ladder cemented in to the floor. No padding, just concrete slabs below.

There was an epic playground near my nan's house. It had a huge solid concrete hill, with concrete sewer pipe tunnels runing through it, a concrete fort on top of it, and all manner of sharp, pointy metal things sticking out of it that you were encouraged to climb on.

Those were the days. Teach kids the value of caution from a young age!

(Sorry for the double post)

Never seen a fairground fun-house as big as this one before...

It even has a ride section at the end of it! :eek:

That's nothing by kermis standards. Look up "Lach + Freu Haus", "Alpen Hotel" (which is usually at Winter Wonderland), or if you want to get truely crazy, "The Tower Event Centre". ;)

Last edited:
Alpen Hotel is a whole other level! I mean, the fact it’s even built with switchable English and German show scenes is hilarious enough!

The Tower Event Center is just... Weird.