• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Strange Rides

It will have been in this topic before, but not for ages. So:

1155841999.jpg

To make it clear in an awake state, I doubt KMG built it but they would come up with it if forced to make a kids ride whilst on something

Not sure if it has appeared on here

Quite a strange ride but would not work nearly as well with a restraint, seems to be popular latino countries, interested to know if anyone has been on one of these and how they found it as some people seem relatively fine whilst others end up all over the place. There is a video out there with someones trousers falling down on one of these.

A tagada is a common ride across the world. They used to be more numerous over here but H&S clamped down on them. Even Blackpool had one not that long ago.

... Now has anyone got a vid of the one we did at Tilburg a couple of years ago? :D

I would link it, but unfortunately, the video can't be embedded - possibly because of @Kelpie's privacy settings, given it's on her Faffbook account. Either that, or I'm just being stupid again. :p

Ah, Tagadas. No restraints, spinning and bouncing - what could go wrong? A lot of travelling ones (certainly in Europe if not the UK) let people stand up during the ride and they'd bounce it around a bit several accidents later the HSE clamped down on them a little and now in the UK the bouncing motion has to be limited or other steps taken to reduce the chance of someone being injured.

Basically, to be allowed to operate in the UK, a Tagada would not be allowed to be physically capable of doing what the one in that video does unless it had somehow been fitted with restraints.

UK tagada I went on was padded floor, no standing and a terrible boring cycle.

Netherlands tagada I went on was metal floor, you got shouted at for not standing and then they tried to kill you with smoke, bouncing and spinning.

A Vekoma SLC and an old cable car had far, far too much Vodka and created that.....thing?! Probably more comfortable than an SLC. Then again, if you kitted out like it was a Victorian Third Class carriage it'd be comfier than an SLC