• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Strange Rides

o_O

Maybe its stealing the trend of European Parks approach to build now and theme later. Although I'm not sure any theming could save that.

Wow, that actually looks terrifying! I assume it is programmed so that you do not encounter a freefall drop of any kind!?

:)

I'm not sure whether this legendary coaster has been mentioned at all;

I bring to you: Hundeprutterutchebane at BonBon Land! Which loosely translated is Danish for Dog Fart Coaster! There is a large statue of a dog named Henry having a poop in the middle of the ride and you go through a dog kennel where you have fart noises played to you. In fact, I think that judging by photos and videos, the whole of BonBon Land deserves a mention! I will just put in this summary video of BonBon Land and its attractions:

Need I explain any further?

I would also like to give another ride a mention: Drachen Fire at Busch Gardens Williamsburg! For those of you that don't know, this was basically Arrow trying to recreate a B&M. It went badly wrong, and as such, it only operated for around 5 years. Here's a really interesting Defunctland video on it:

I think it's jolly unsporting how they killed and skinned Mr Blobby though!

Wrong colour :p

Mr+Blobby.png

I'm stretching the limits on the definition of strangest rides here with a railway, but still it's an impressive feat.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-42384814

The world's steepest funicular railway has opened to the public in Switzerland.

Specially constructed cylindrical carriages have been used to ensure that passengers can stay upright.

The floors tilt, adjusting to the slope as the funicular climbs 110m (360ft) over a distance of 100m at the steepest point.

The railway runs from the town of Schwyz up to the car-free Alpine village of Stoos.

The Stoos Bahn took 14 years to build - two years longer than scheduled - at a cost of 52m Swiss francs (£40m; $53m).

But Ivan Steiner, spokesman for the railway, said the project's completion had made everyone "very proud".

In mountainous Switzerland, where children regularly use cable cars to get to school, the line will connect communities as well as provide a new tourist attraction, reports the BBC's Imogen Foulkes.

Should potential passengers feel fainthearted, they can be reassured that the journey lasts just four minutes.