• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Strange Roller Coasters

TedTheHuman said:
Not sure if this has already been posted, but here's Cobra at Conny-Land in Switzerland:

jj7o5m2ic823lo00cn1dct.jpg

9u51qs006bimmes2r195uh.jpg

0ndiqprgbc54ss47b000pe.jpg

This thing looks like a retarded Thunder Looper!

Must be hideously uncomfortable on the upside down brakes bit. Shoulders into the OTSR's Submission style? No thanks :p

That's got some nice speed through the loop going forwards. Also, it looks like the OTSRs hold you by the lap with plenty of room round the shoulders, so I doubt it would be that uncomfortable.

... I'd actually quite like to go on this thing! :D

I agree the forwards part looks pretty good although I'm still doubtful of the hangtime and the backwards section looks painfully slow. Wonder how much that valleys between the loop and airtime hill going back? :p

A strange concept by Vekoma was posted in the Talbot Street Tuesday topic last year:
12773_406114572792326_2014541650_n.jpg

Another interesting idea considered was a Vekoma Dragonfly coaster, described as a cross between the Vampire at Chessington and a motorbike style coaster.

So after doing a quick search on Google I found this article:

New coaster concepts from Vekoma

1554.photo.2.jpg

Vekoma has unveiled a new coaster concept called Dragon Fly. Riders are tilted forward in a kneeling position on this family swinging flying coaster, pictured here.

Vekoma Rides Manufacturing is also now offering four-abreast sit-down and suspended coaster trains for traditional mega coasters and launch coasters. The launch rides are available both with a horizontal launch or a lifthill.

The first four-abreast Vekoma coaster appears to be Battlestar Gallactica, a set of duelling coasters at Universal Studios Singapore/Resorts World Sentosa. One track will feature a four-abreast 32-seat train, the second will be with suspended seating. Both trains will be launched on the lift. Each coaster is 1.2km long.

1554.photo.4.jpg

BigAl said:
A strange concept by Vekoma was posted in the Talbot Street Tuesday topic last year:

Looks like an exercise bike crossed with an office chair.

Does it come with Wifi?

Bear said:
I think that'd be a brilliant riding position, like an inverted Booster Bike!

Says it swings too?

Joking aside that seems rather brilliant, and also, would lend itself to a steampunk theme.

A very basic example here:
images

Lot's of potential in that concept.

The track looks like it's made from lighting rigs and it has a pointless straight section for a finale! :p

I think it's an anti-rollback device like those found on old or badly designed wooden roller coasters. :)