• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Strange Roller Coasters

esf25b0vd80012ong56541.jpg

Is it me or do those look like Recaros you can get in cars?

nengun-257118-00-recaro-recaro_semi-bucket_seats_sr-7_sk100.jpg

Mi-Nigle said:
This just popped up on facebook, like and alpine coaster but faster and single rail!

So fast!

Here is an off ride video from the same guy :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA-k3G1F7k0#

Funny when you get a shed load of people coming down the at the same time, looks absolutely brilliant!! I wouldn't fancy the walk to the top for a go mind you, and have no idea how the cars get up there, a big life I presume.

Ha-ha!! Fantastic looking ride though, well found :) - less strange though and more WANT A GO!!

Usually rides like that in my exprience load you at the bottom, you sit in the car, and it goes up a chain lift before you go off.

I really want a go on that. Right now. ;)

Love the headchopper under the little wooden bridge as well, also love the fast steep bits. Kind of like the Steeplechase at BPB but a bit less like a monorail and more like a hypercoaster :p

So when is the meet to ride this again...? ;)

If you have to go to the top to ride, use the cable car :p

hobohippie95 said:
Usually rides like that in my exprience load you at the bottom, you sit in the car, and it goes up a chain lift before you go off.

A chain lift?! I think you've been looking at some fancy alpine coasters there! Most I've seen use a chairlift which they dangle your tea tray car from beneath you. Then when you arrive at the top pop it on the track and off you go :p

I still think the best example I've seen is the Roddelbahn. It looks insane :p

Ian said:
hobohippie95 said:

A chain lift?! I think you've been looking at some fancy alpine coasters there! Most I've seen use a chairlift which they dangle your tea tray car from beneath you. Then when you arrive at the top pop it on the track and off you go :p

I still think the best example I've seen is the Roddelbahn. It looks insane :p

Plus it'd take about 2 days to get to the top of that mountain at chainlift speed ;)

Poison Tom 96 said:
So when is the meet to ride this again...? ;)

If you have to go to the top to ride, use the cable car :p

Don't talk such nonsense in my presence!

A log flume crossed with a roller coaster that's included on RCDB? Credit, obviously! :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI42geZ5qyY#ws

And from the same park is this thing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAAHrH4A4b8#

I have a feeling someone may have posted that ride before, unless I'm just mixing it up with having watched it myself a while back? Anyway, it's also on RCDB here.

Notice at 1:46 on the POV above that after the small MCBR there's a missing section of track. I wonder if the change has anything to do with the modifications listed on RCDB which apparently took place in 1985?

BigAl said:
I have a feeling someone may have posted that ride before, unless I'm just mixing it up with having watched it myself a while back?
That would have been me. Both of them, in fact... You're welcome ;)

I'd hardly call myself a credit whore compared to a lot of people round these parts. :-[

Well I say master credit whore because you're usually the one to say how a ride is a coaster credit, even if there's not much about a ride that should make it qualify as being a coaster! :p

Not sure if this has already been posted, but here's Cobra at Conny-Land in Switzerland:

jj7o5m2ic823lo00cn1dct.jpg

9u51qs006bimmes2r195uh.jpg

0ndiqprgbc54ss47b000pe.jpg

This thing looks like a retarded Thunder Looper!