• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Strange Roller Coasters

I've always wanted a go on one of those Chance Toboggans. Are there any in the UK?

There used to be. Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach had one. Then it moved to Clacton Pier but it's been defunct since 2009. I'm sure there's a bit more to its history but that's all the RCDB says.

DiogoJ42 said:
I've always wanted a go on one of those Chance Toboggans. Are there any in the UK?

There was a travelling one, whether it was Chance or not I don't know, at Hull fair year before last that I rode.

It's quite a disgusting ride :eek:

Well, this is one way to support a corkscrew...
gk2k6o5o2n3000hq5ljhs0.jpg

Odd as it is, I actually rather like it.

See I'd have the Corkscrew supported that way, but the top of the support made into the track spine some form of turn/hop, ala Full Throttle :p

That's been posted before, I like it, it's like a simplified, crazy version of the old Arrow corkscrew arch supports.

Sam said:
New (2010) rollercoaster in Mexico, posted by RCDb's Facebook page.

It's called Montaña Rusa Ala Delta

And here's a (seemingly official) park video. Holy mother of god.

:eek: Unbelievable :eek:

I don't even know what happens to the second half...

I am researching this ride, in the meantime, next time we have a moan about Towers, or even THORPES latest map:

Prepare to be enthralled

The only thing I have so far is it translates to Gliding Roller Coaster, with this image:

5Vhx-1.jpg

:eek:

The strange thing is, there seem to be NO photos of it, on their own website, that picture is from http://sanluisc.anunciosya.com.mx/parque-quiqueland-en-sanluispotosi-5Vhx

Here is: Parque Quiqueland Website

Now I believe que means what? Sums it all up for me so far!

BigAl said:
The whole of that coaster can be seen off-ride on the parks.... promotional video? :L

Did I really watch that? I am waiting to hear this weather report for the park:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuSPdsPWit0

Seriously though, did that REALLY have a wheelbarrow BULL to play bull fighting with your kids?

Then followed shoot guns, shoot arrows, practice bull fighting etc :eek:

Oh, and the deck chair is so good, they showed it you TWICE!! Well, it is a recliner after all.

Well done though for finding the ride, I bet your life feels complete now Al? ;) - trust you though, if anyone would find it, it would be you ;D

North Korea has a better park...

;D

Right, sorry to sound a pest, but who is it that videos those coasters? I mean, I'm grateful and all that he's crossed the globe in search of weird coasters and such but honestly; stop going "Weeeeeee!" in every video, it grates on me like I don't know what. [/rant]. :mad: