• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Strange Roller Coasters

A couple more strange little coasters here. First up is the Auto Bergbahn at Wiener Prater:

gl2q37pg647000i15s19ha.jpg

1up92u0kold1jss323000p.jpg

ios2lgb938c8e00153bo2j.jpg

And the last one is Rodelbaan from De Waarbeek:

e93r6c1p000099iu0kolc3.jpg

Rodelbaan - De Waarbeek

:p

I wonder if they could fit a modified shopping trolley on to it? :p

Anyway, here's another strange coaster I've just come across:

Edge Coaster
Looks quite pointless, tbh. :p

BigAl said:
I wonder if they could fit a modified shopping trolley on to it? :p

Anyway, here's another strange coaster I've just come across:

Edge Coaster
Looks quite pointless, tbh. :p

It looks like it should be really scary but there doesn't seem to be too much reaction from the woman. Maybe put someone with a fear of heights on it! :p

BigAl said:
One of the earliest suspended coasters here:

11eing565b06if0iuo005i.jpg

Bisby's Spiral Airship operated from 1902 to 1925 at Queens Park in Long Beach, California.

I love that the only other detail about it listed on RCDB other than what you've written there is "Inversions: 0" - imagine if it had inversions! :eek:

BigAl said:
Does this count?

SkyQuest Thrill Ride

Oh Chance! :p

Does this:
Multiple trains and multiple loading stations capable
mean that this could have been used as some sort of flying monorail/transport system in parks? Pretty weird that someone would think of doing a transport system like this in a park.

Still looks pretty cool in my eyes. Cheap mind, but cool.

LiamC said:
Does this:
Multiple trains and multiple loading stations capable
mean that this could have been used as some sort of flying monorail/transport system in parks? Pretty weird that someone would think of doing a transport system like this in a park.

Still looks pretty cool in my eyes. Cheap mind, but cool.

I want them if they make a cross valley woodie to make it dual aspect if you like, so you can use it instead of the cable cars to cross it ;D

I've always wanted a park to build a transport system out of a thrill ride somehow. :twirly:

As for that weird tilting ride! No ta!!

This one isn't just strange, it's fascinating.

emf7vn0n2o00c6hfp8uptg.jpg

Looks like your average Jet Star right?

fmo2h541e5g00od2vihtjr.jpg

Phwoar just look at that drop.

Just a shame it got washed out to sea...

tumblr_mfyfrmMVL51r9ouy2o1_500.jpg

800px-Hurricane_Sandy_New_Jersey_Pier.jpg

A very sad day for the roller coasting community has intertwined into the center of one of the largest storms to ever hit the United States of America. Hurricane Sandy has devastated the entire east coast and slammed the economic center of not only the country but of the world. Hurricane Sandy made landfall in the state of New Jersey, which is home to many of the Northeast’s amusement piers. One of those piers has sadly been completely destroyed along with the rides that were on the pier.

According to an article in the Star Ledger, The Seaside Heights amusement pier received significant damage over night as Sandy made landfall. Evidence of how bad the damage was could not be seen until the sun began to rise early this morning. The Star Jet roller coaster was found sitting in the ocean as the pier that once stood on was now completely washed away. Evidence of the battered pier was found washed up 500 yards inland. There are also reports of a log flume and other attractions being swept away or damaged as well. Governor Chris Christie of New Jersey said in a statement, “the state of New Jersey has lost a remarkable landmark as well as a huge piece of tourism business.”

afterburner_204.jpg

It's really interesting to see what actually gets built in parks these days

josht said:
afterburner_204.jpg

It's really interesting to see what actually gets built in parks these days

Looks like a slightly less painful one than the one at Gardaland. You have to wonder who at S&S comes up with these things.