• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Strange Roller Coasters

That's about the most amazing track banking method I have ever seen.

Harvey. said:
Right, sorry to sound a pest, but who is it that videos those coasters? I mean, I'm grateful and all that he's crossed the globe in search of weird coasters and such but honestly; stop going "Weeeeeee!" in every video, it grates on me like I don't know what. [/rant]. :mad:

He thinks his audience likes it. Don't diss, or he'll beat you to death with a GoPro in your sleep.

DiogoJ42 said:
It seems it was built by a company that usually builds ski lifts.

And we all know what happens when they do that...

Walibi_Belgium_-_Vertigo_2.JPG

DiogoJ42 said:
This is one of those POVs that I had to rewind and watch again. "what? Did I really just see the track do THAT?"

It seems it was built by a company that usually builds ski lifts... it shows.

Dear god, the track curvature on the pullout from the drops looks primeval! I don't think they could have physically created a louder anti-rollback system on the lifthill either ;)

It's like it was made by someone using noLimits for the first time.

It looks cool in a tragic sort of way.

I remember seeing the pictures of them ages ago but couldn't remember what ride it was. They're brilliant. :p

Both it's loops are ... well, just plain wrong.
g6t97h501vg000fomm0925.jpg

But the first loop is almost a crime against track profiling. It seems that the entrance is clothoid in shape, but the exit is circular. I mean look at it!

cco001vg004fkmm092597h.jpg

ecqu5m07ug00htqqo148l4.jpg

I can only assume that the track was reprofiled at some point; the second loop was lowered, while the exit of the first loop was raised. I find it hard to believe they were designed that way intentionally.

6ff003439t3msb07c1872k.jpg

No comment...

2jm449t3msb07c2g72m001.jpg

What's going on with that banking on the drop? :p

I winced just looking at that first picture of it! Good grief, that looks horrific! :p

Which ride is it, btw?

That looks a lot more interesting than the six billion and twelve identical wild mouse coasters you usually see.