• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

SW7 Competition

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Don't get me wrong Jordan, I'm not short of an opinion or motivation to express them :D

I respect your opinion, I disagree with it.

I recently took part in a commission opportunity to remix Christina Aguilera's new track. This was via a service I pay for. The winning commission was a blatant rip off of another commercial track, there was uproar about it and rightly so. There was only going to be 1 winner, we knew that, but the nature of the competition and that it cost money to enter meant a level of integrity and fairness was expected in return for the work.

For me I this is refreshing! It is good for the community as it may draw in new members, that will add to the discussion and the sites credibility, ultimately resulting in more opportunities coming along. So far, in just a couple of months, we have exclusive maze run through chances (which I was not there for) and now this exclusive competition.

That's potentially about 11 winners, for a free forum/fan site, that is massively commendable and I believe warrants nothing but praise and gratitude.

For my disagreements I am still very proud and privileged to be part of this community, and be treated (for better or worse hahaha!) as part of the forum in the unusual way this site runs.

It takes some getting used to, I think there are things that need to improve. I stand by those.

I really don't believe this to be one of them though. New members, new friends, competitions, meet ups, all free and unobtrusive. No nagging, no adverts, no spam - that is a rare commodity nowadays.

For better or worse at times, this is indeed a true community, and when things are done right like this is - I believe we should focus on that, back it, be enthusiastic and supportive of it, because it will free the team do get more of them, and show Alton Tower's that yes, this is the forum to engage with for both constructive criticism, and praise when they do well!

You want more of this?

Get right behind it and show everyone it's what we love, want more of, and will full on engage with!

That is simply good manners.

TheMan said:
A free forum, NO advertising to fund it.

...scroll down to the bottom of this thread. ;)

Even though I agree with Jordan about it simply being for one member of TowersStreet, anything is better than nothing, especially from a non-profit community.

Sorry to change subject, but adblockers don't really support all the free sites and youtube videos you watch do they? ;)

I just hope that the competition isn't decided "out of a hat" style. I hope there at least has to be some effort on the part of the entrants.

Will there be an age limit on this competition? Because there are a few (but not many!) 12, 13, 14, 15's on here :) if it's like, a day out we could always bring a Parent with us!

Members complaining and criticising a forum for setting up a competition to perhaps give a member an exclusive prize? Whatever next. I'll just pop back in here on Sunday so I can skip all of this.
I look forward to seeing what the prize is, I am sure it will be something exciting.

From TowersStreet News:

For those of you who follow TowersStreet on Twitter, like us on Facebook or are a member of our community, you may have noticed SW7 smiley faces have been taking over in recent days.

It has been a mere 6 months since we started TowersStreet, and as a thank you to our fans, we’ve been working with Alton Towers Resort to offer someone a very special prize.

As we exclusively announced on Tuesday, Alton Towers Resort will next year be offering two themed rooms based on their new attraction codenamed SW7. We’re now pleased to announce that one lucky fan of TowersStreet and three of their friends will win the chance to #getcorrected and win a stay in one of these very rooms!

Alton Towers Resort have kindly offered a package to TowersStreet which includes:

- A one night stay in the SW7 Themed Bedroom for you and three of your friends
- Park Entry
- Complimentary Fastracks

And last, but not least…..
- An exclusive Behind the Scenes Tour of the SW7 ride!

We just couldn’t contain our excitement until tomorrow and had to let you know the details of this truly unique prize now.

To win, you will have to tell us, in less than 100 words, why you should #getcorrected.

For full details on this very exciting competition visit www.TowersStreet.com/Competition, and good luck!

This sounds great! Many thanks to both the team and folks at Towers for being able to offer us the chance to enter for this. :)

This sounds fantastic! Well done to the Team for getting this exclusive competition! :)

You guys are amazing! First year of the community and you secured an exclusive like that! I will definitely be watching on sunday, hope I get the chance to #getcorrected!

[EDIT] Also, forgot to add THANK YOU TOWERS! :D

A great prize on offer and thanks to whoever has put in the work to get it all together.

Exciting :D I hope I win!

Well done guys and gals! Great Prize! but I've got three questions. Okay? :D

Are the Fastracks the Platinum ones or other ones? :p

Who paying for this?/How the hell did you convince Merlin? :eek:

How many days do we get on park one or two? :)

Hehee anyway this is amazing and best of luck to everyone + me in this competition. ;)

Joseph said:
Well done guys and gals! Great Prize! but I've got three questions. Okay? :D

Are the Fastracks the Platinum ones or other ones? :p

Who paying for this?/How the hell did you convince Merlin? :eek:

How many days do we get on park one or two? :)

Hehee anyway this is amazing and best of luck to everyone + me in this competition. ;)

Both Fastrack and park tickets have yet to be decided by Alton Towers, as plans for the 2013 season have not yet been finalised.

The prize(s) have been kindly contributed by Alton Towers Resort as a thank you to the fans for supporting the SW7 project :)

This is an amazing prize can't wait to enter, so would like to thank you in advance for this oppinuity :)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.