• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TBC: SW9 Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
After a week of fevered speculation, that JW answer is possibly the vaguest response possible. Perfect PR, could literally be interpreted in any way you like... take your pick of 'something' that's coming 'here' that 'impressed' and/or 'even surprised' him.

I think the only thing I’ll take away from that is that there could be some sort of announcement soon. Of course, after watching it I’m now less inclined to think this about SW9, and more about 2023 plans. The next exciting thing coming is clearly referring to a coaster though, just from the way the question was worded

If I recall when thirteen was in development didn't we get scarefest teaser posters before planning went in? Or was there no planning..... maybe the same applies here

Sorry for the double post.

OK watched the whole q&a.

I got the following out of it:
- hybrids been discussed but isn't happening for sw9. Maybe they will revisit in the future.
- I thought he was teasing when he said 'it's coming here's, it sounded more corporate spin then genuinely like we're getting something groundbreaking
- he quickly backtracked on the next few weeks comment. Although something is clearly imminent. Maybe an updated medium to long term development plan?
- what I did find interesting is the fact he eluded to running out of space the planners will approve rides on. Maybe we will start to see some more creative ideas
- loved his enthusiasm for the team currently heading creative design. You could sense he was genuine which is always positive for us.

Overall a good watch. Although I don't get why he never dismissed the broom stick coaster out of hand - surely he knew it was a fake but was just being polite?

- hybrids been discussed but isn't happening for sw9. Maybe they will revisit in the future.
- I thought he was teasing when he said 'it's coming here's, it sounded more corporate spin then genuinely like we're getting something groundbreaking
- he quickly backtracked on the next few weeks comment. Although something is clearly imminent. Maybe an updated medium to long term development plan?
- what I did find interesting is the fact he eluded to running out of space the planners will approve rides on. Maybe we will start to see some more creative ideas
- loved his enthusiasm for the team currently heading creative design. You could sense he was genuine which is always positive for us.

Overall a good watch. Although I don't get why he never dismissed the broom stick coaster out of hand - surely he knew it was a fake but was just being polite?
I note that he didn't rule out a cross valley coaster...

I don't think he ever said it wouldn't happen for SW9? He said that "a hybrid coaster is possibly on the table" which as far as I'm concerned could include SW9.

I did enjoy it watching that, actually I'm hopeful for the next generation of designers coming up through the ranks that Wardley seems genuinely excited for so hopefully we'll get to see what they're made off sooner than later.

However I'm a little bummed out there was no mention about Duel and its future unless it was talked about yet never made it on film.

Also when saying that Oblivion was the easiest to theme because it was pretty much dropping into Oblivion though I'm sure the Port Discovery idea came first before they went with X-Sector which honestly I'm kinda interested what if they had gone with that, it might have aged better TBH than X-Sector is in the state now...

I don't think he ever said it wouldn't happen for SW9? He said that "a hybrid coaster is possibly on the table" which as far as I'm concerned could include SW9.

I didn't see it that way - I feel he was more pleasing the fans then anything else.

That said everyone sees something different and I may be wrong

I think a new medium to long term development plan is the most likely option for the “announcement” in the next few weeks.

I’m basing this on the fact there isn’t just one thing the park needs - it needs a lot and I expect a 5-10 year plan which references several improvements which are urgently required. Duel, Nemesis, flats, monorail, indoor attractions….

I think a new medium to long term development plan is the most likely option for the “announcement” in the next few weeks.

I’m basing this on the fact there isn’t just one thing the park needs - it needs a lot and I expect a 5-10 year plan which references several improvements which are urgently required. Duel, Nemesis, flats, monorail, indoor attractions….

It's just the logical announcement. The last plan, a fair bit came to fruition. I see two new coasters and a fair bit of investment in the rest of thr park.

We've now had confirmation as good as any that SW9 is well and truly in the pipeline; Nathan Graveson, a designer who worked for Intamin and designed the likes of VelociCoaster, Toutatis and the Parque Warner Madrid launch coaster, has announced that he is now a project director for Merlin Magic Making, and has stated SW9 to be one of MMM's upcoming projects:
Nathan Graveson said:
I also have a massive announcement. Since my recent departure from Intamin as a thrill coaster designer, I have recently been hired by Merlin Magic Making and have officially been made the project director and designer for Alton Towers, Thorpe Park and the Legoland parks. This means I have now moved from just coaster layout design, to full coaster and theming design, which will test my artist qualifications I got at University, all them years ago. When I worked for Intamin I was actually allowed to do some area design as well, so you will see that at Parc Asterix for Toutatis, which I designed the theming for and looking back, I worked closely with Universal Orlando on the Velocicoaster project. I can officially say that the final project that I did for Intamin was the new Batman coaster at Parque Warner Madrid, which I can tell you is the best layout I have done for a coaster, which I look forward for you all to see and ride. So, look out in the future as us at Merlin Magic Making are going to be developing some incredible attractions, Alton Towers' Secret Weapon 9, Thorpe Park's Project Exodus, Chessington World of Adventures' "World of Jumanji", and the various Legoland Projects coming. So I say thank you for the amazing reception to my coaster designs at Intamin and I look forward to your reactions to our future attractions!
Source: https://towersstreet.com/talk/threads/chessington-world-of-adventures-resort.97/page-293#post-374226

Here's a wild idea... could SW9 be the Nemesis retrack?

I know it probably isn't, but it's just a possibility I thought I might put out there... it's possible!

Here's a wild idea... could SW9 be the Nemesis retrack?

I know it probably isn't, but it's just a possibility I thought I might put out there... it's possible!
Nemesis will just be a like-for-like replacement, so I think that is unlikely.

We've now had confirmation as good as any that SW9 is well and truly in the pipeline; Nathan Graveson, a designer who worked for Intamin and designed the likes of VelociCoaster, Toutatis and the Parque Warner Madrid launch coaster, has announced that he is now a project director for Merlin Magic Making, and has stated SW9 to be one of MMM's upcoming projects:

Source: https://towersstreet.com/talk/threads/chessington-world-of-adventures-resort.97/page-293#post-374226

Intamin multi launch coaster for SW9 would not be a bad thing at all! But I wonder though in theory if the park were to go for one what that would mean for the future of poor old Rita?

Intamin multi launch coaster for SW9 would not be a bad thing at all! But I wonder though in theory if the park were to go for one what that would mean for the future of poor old Rita?
Given the 3 rides mentioned are all Intamin launch coasters, I'd hope that SW9 is something different.

Toutatis looks epic.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.