• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TBC: SW9 Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I'd put good money on SW9 being from B&M, Merlin like B&M as has been proven in the past. B&M seem to be in the middle of developing new concepts. I also wouldn't be shocked if Merlin have done some sort of deal with B&M including the nemesis retrack, Jumangi and probably something at either Guardaland or Heidi Park.

This is a bit random, but I'll put it here to be debunked anyway. On Facebook, someone's kid who looks about 9 years old randomly came up with the idea that the Haunted House could act as part of a station for SW9. Not sure if anyone has mentioned this as a possibility or why it wouldn't happen? It would require a lot of work but you'd potentially have a lot of space to play with between there and FV when you add on the top half of FV too. Remove the arcades, Blade, Sub Terra and re-arrange where paths would go and you potentially have a lot of space to play with. It would pretty much totally re-imagine quite a large area and that could get very costly. Just adding idle speculation really, but there's another random idea from some kid on FB :)

Not really? If it's like WM with the final brakes inside it'd be about right.

That said they'd have a headache with the loss of a major access and all of that heavily used backstage area behind it, plus I think some of the trees etc are protected, plus the Monorail is in the way...

It'd be more likely if they ripped out the monorail and used the area it used to run plus the Monorail shed. Then again that'd be a terrible idea.

I had the same thoughts about the monorail shed. As for the monorail itself, I think Nemesis does actually briefly run under it for a very small end of a loop (or nearly does), and you could always dig down a little and go under (if H&S allowed it nowadays). Not sure about the protected trees in all fairness.

I reckon the HH building could accommodate a station and final brakes quite comfortably if they had some kind of indoor queue and initial dark ride section in there as well.

I agree that it’s a bit big for a station on its own, but if you had the HH building contain a coaster station, a pre-ride dark ride section, a final brake run, an indoor queue, and maybe even a pre-show… that might work quite nicely!

I agree it seems the most sensible given (I remember hearing) Wicker Man started planning in 2014 and that opened 4 years later. March 2026 is only 3½ years away! 😲
The planning for the original SW8 in Forbidden Valley may have started in 2014, but that all changed after the smiler accident. Not sure if it was quite back to the drawing board or just using an alternative design that was already in the works for the flume site.

Planning for SW9 isn't just starting now, if, like has been suggested, they are close to a public consultation/planning application then it has been in the works for quite some time already. Chessington's public consultation was May last year, the coaster is opening next year. Thorpe's was December last year, with the plan being to open the coaster in 2024. If Towers submit something within the next 6 months or so, then a 2025 opening would be very likely.

Not really? If it's like WM with the final brakes inside it'd be about right.

That said they'd have a headache with the loss of a major access and all of that heavily used backstage area behind it, plus I think some of the trees etc are protected, plus the Monorail is in the way...

It'd be more likely if they ripped out the monorail and used the area it used to run plus the Monorail shed. Then again that'd be a terrible idea.
A1AFE059-4964-4459-859D-F9606356AFB8.jpeg

Duels closure - It’s not for Scarefest, and It’s not SW9. It’s a refurbishment.

SW9 is still a few years away, there wouldn’t be any major physical work just yet
Indeed, I wish people would just accept that and wait and see what happens.

Fair play, Duel is too big (without knocking some of the shed down) to be station material but I honestly doubt they'd want to put a coaster there for the mess that'd be moving all backstage etc

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but... you know Nathan Graveson, who teased that he was working on SW9, and who I talked about on the last page?

Well, I've been informed that Nathan Graveson is likely to be a troll who tricked people into thinking they were an Intamin designer.

If you search "Nathan Graveson Intamin" into Google, the first thing to come up is the profile of a CoasterForce Forum member named Intamin Forever: https://coasterforce.com/forums/members/intamin-forever.47106/about

This is relevant because indexed in the search result was an indicator that their forum signature used to say "Nathan Graveson"...

The only other vaguely relevant thing to appear was my TowersStreet post talking about them...

Also, it was later discovered that VelociCoaster's layout was designed by Keith McVeen, a Universal Creative employee, rather than anyone named Nathan Graveson:

From having asked on CF (I genuinely believed this person to be genuine), they apparently have somewhat of a reputation on there for telling tall tales, and it would appear that this was one of those. Because another CFer who knows Merlin employees said that their employee friend checked the Merlin employee database... and no one called Nathan Graveson works for Merlin.

Sorry to mislead, folks... it appears my lie detector was broken. I do sincerely apologise...

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.