• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thatcher's dead

James said:
Comparing Diana and Thatcher is just stupid. They are on completely different ends of the spectrum.

No it isn't, the last time we had a funeral similar was Diana's and she wasn't universally liked either.
The spencer family made a contribution to the cost as well so its very similar.
You only think its stupid because you liked one and not the other. What's stupid is comparing a democratically elected PM with any communist leader or Hitler.

Most people commenting on here are stating there opinions as facts, the facts are the government have granted her a public funeral not the family so why should they pay. They may have been happy with a private service.

No, I think it's stupid because it's comparing a PM to a royal family member (well, at least someone who was regarded as a member of the royal family). Neither of which have any similarities.

ChocolateStarfish said:
James said:
Comparing Diana and Thatcher is just stupid. They are on completely different ends of the spectrum.
What's stupid is comparing a democratically elected PM with any communist leader or Hitler.

Hitler and many communist leaders were all democratically elected.

I think Thatcher should get a partially funded funeral of service, but I think given aspects of her legacy and the current economic state, a £10 million military extravaganza is somewhat unjust.

ChocolateStarfish said:
DiogoJ42 said:
I don't remember anyone actually being glad Steve Jobs died. But then, Jobs wasn't demon spawn sent from Hell to ruin our lives.

You need to get yourself an Apple devise, you might disagree with that statement then!! :D

I have two: And old iPod that does exactly what it says on the tin and I have no complaints about, and a 1st gen iPad that is the most infuriating, underpowered, crash-happy computing device I have ever owned.
But I still wouldn't celebrate Steve Jobs' death because of that. I may mock Apple fanboys, but The guy was one of the creative masterminds that shaped the modern world. I have no gripe with him.
Thatcher, on the other hand...

I presume there is going to be some kind of prosession before the funeral? How epic would it be if the people lining the streets suddenly started singing Do You Hear The People Sing? :p