• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thatcher's dead

Rose Of Dawn

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Eejanaika (Fuji-Q Highland)
http://www.isthatcherdeadyet.co.uk/

e3dafa95aaf8dc7fc070569f75e304ae.jpg

Ex-Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher dies

Former Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher has died at 87 following a stroke, her spokesman has said.

Lord Bell said: "It is with great sadness that Mark and Carol Thatcher announced that their mother Baroness Thatcher died peacefully following a stroke this morning."

Baroness Thatcher was Conservative prime minister from 1979 to 1990.

She was the first woman to hold the post. Her family is expected to make a further statement later.

Baroness Thatcher, born Margaret Roberts, became the Conservative MP for Finchley, north London in 1959, retiring from the Commons in 1992.

Having been education secretary, she successfully challenged former prime minister Edward Heath for her party's leadership in 1975.

She won general elections in 1979, 1983 and 1987.

Edit: I've decided to take down the video I posted as looking back it's actually in pretty bad taste, and was done in the heat of the moment.

So sad...

:( :( :( :(

...Now I need to find someone new to hate.

PS

Justice for the 96.

It's funny, because those who have posted in here did not live during her time in office as PM. So it's likely they've taken their opinion on her from people they know, or reading from the media, both are likely to be horribly biased.

Nick said:
It's funny, because those who have posted in here did not live during her time in office as PM. So it's likely they've taken their opinion on her from people they know, or reading from the media, both are likely to be horribly biased.

Or, perhaps, they've read up on histories from the time and formed their own opinions?

Re: Re: Thatcher's dead

Nick said:

I didn't live during the war, but still know the bad guys. The country is still suffering from her legacy

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Nick said:

I've had a fairly balanced education on Thatcher, I think. My politics teacher in sixth form was an old school Tory who openly admired Thatcher. There are some things about her that were certainly admirable, but an awful lot of damage was also done.

Also, I couldn't resist posting 'ding dong the witch is dead'.

Saw this on the BBC site, but I think I'm being hopeful:

She will not have a state funeral but will be accorded the same status as Princess Diana and the Queen Mother.

Does this mean we'll get a Bank Holiday? I'm don't really know how that works like :p

isnt it a shame that schools dont teach.. commitment, drive, determintation and ambtition instead of french, german and RE, we might have had some leadership in this country..

Shame I didn't get round to killing her myself, she was next on my list.
I propose a national day of celebration, with street parties and everything. We could even have bonfires and burn effigies of her. Get the Red Arrows to fly down The Mall dropping confetti and everything.

Energetic_starfish said:
isnt it a shame that schools dont teach.. commitment, drive, determintation and ambtition instead of french, german and RE, we might have had some leadership in this country..

How can you have a lesson in 'determination'? It's something you generally develop in life, not in a classroom.

Also, secondary languages and education in other cultures is very important in modern society.

She famously said there was no such thing as society, but in reality she destroyed it herself. The only thing she enhanced was the gap between rich and poor.

I do admire the liberation of the Falkland Islands though. I'm not sure other prime ministers would have bothered.

I don't take pleasure in anyone's death, but I do like the fact that now she has gone we can maybe draw a line under her period of ruining this country's home affairs.

I'm no political expert and I have no real opinion of Margaret Thatcher. Regardless of what she did or didn't do, some of the comments I have seen not only here but over social media do make you question society. Celebrating the death of someone who has a family who would care for her etc. You don't have to like everyone or be upset that she's died, but surely some respect should be shown? As I said I do not know much about what she did but to win three general elections she must have been doing something that a significant proportion of the population liked. I'm sure if some of us were more publicly known opinions would be formed, some negative. How would you feel if people celebrated your death?

:)

Fair point there, the Falklands was probably the only good thing she ever did.

... and if starting a war is the only good thing you can say about a leader, that says a lot.

DiogoJ42 said:
Fair point there, the Falklands was probably the only good thing she ever did.

... and if starting a war is the only good thing you can say about a leader, that says a lot.

You can't really say she started the war, but I agree with the point.

All ex-miners will be having a party tonight! Now then, one of the last things Maggie will do now will be to Privatised Hell! :p

Rob said:
How would you feel if people celebrated your death?

I wouldn't feel anything... I'd be dead.

Can I politely request that people who weren't alive while she was ruining our lives take a step back, and let those of us who are "Thatcher survivers" enjoy this day we have waited so long for please?