• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Alton Towers Dungeon

Thanks guys! Maybe it's one of those things that will come to me as I get older; when I was a younger coaster enthusiast (like 11 or 12), I wouldn't go in Saw: The Ride because I was worried about the scary theming. But I rode it when I went to Thorpe Park in May! I wasn't a fan of the ride itself because it was rough, in my opinion, but that's besides the point! The theming was absolutely fine; in fact, it was very good!

For now, though, I think I'm going to stay away from actor-based attractions.
It's all a matter of personal opinion- if you don't want to experience an attraction, you don't have to. :)

The scare attraction survey questions have now changed.

There are now two questions, the first asks about whether you would be interested in a year round scare attraction, the second asks if you would still be interested if the attraction was paid for.
Im now expecting a hybrid free/paid model.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

1). Yes providing it is original and not an unimaginative plonking of a Midway IP. But let's be honest and look at Merlin's track record of year round, actor-led attractions; how long would it realistically last if it was free...

2). No.

Do we reckon they could do what Thorpe does during Fright Nights and have the attraction free, but offer a more extreme version that you pay extra for?

I can’t see how this will work in Alton Towers unless there was a upcharge for it. As I not been the London Dungeons for 10 years when it was in its old location the normal queue just to get in was massive glad I was pass holder but still had to wait quite a while after you had your picture taken. Having small groups of 20 every 5 mins without a upcharge can lead to guests queuing 3 hours and if it’s poorly put together or feels rushed then I can see Alton Towers getting bad feed back on social media.
I wonder if the burger kitchen will be rethemed also.

I’m leaning towards this being included in the gate price with a different format to the usual Dungeons - more of a free flow style using the existing Charlie boat/lift infrastructure rethemed.

The recent appearance of a question on feedback screens for a year round paid for maze could just as well relate to project 42 in the Sub Terra building.

Normally, I would be doom preaching about how this will only open one year then close forever but I'm going to be optimistic, because Sea Life still has full staffing with "unnecessary" staff doing different talks all day, since this is also a Merlin brand, (and Sea Life still has full staffing) I don't see why the AT Dungeons cant be the same?

I hate to agree with Ben when he has made the bar cashless, but the only way this will remain after a year or two will be as a haunted maze at scarefest.

Normally, I would be doom preaching about how this will only open one year then close forever but I'm going to be optimistic, because Sea Life still has full staffing with "unnecessary" staff doing different talks all day, since this is also a Merlin brand, (and Sea Life still has full staffing) I don't see why the AT Dungeons cant be the same?
However, Sharkbait Reef is included in your entry price, well-presented, well-themed, and naturally appeals to a large proportion of the park’s daily guests.

The location has already been revealed courtesy of some leaked exterior concept art:
659c633fc7557afd8f36033e90457629.png

I rather like your editing there @Danny , but it's far too clean looking and looks like a neat greyscale suburban artpiece. We are talking grizly, dingy, horrific, look at the unedited bits at the front. Merlin have done enough to give off those impressions without creating any 'Dungeon' in the first place. :)