• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Alton Towers Music, Video and Other Multimedia Thread

Re: The Media Topic (inc. The DM Project)

If we're looking at voiceover artists - Emma Hignett does a lot of the voiceovers for Merlin (and, incidentally, London's Buses).

Alton Towers Font Recreation - (ProjectTowersStandard) Font BETA released!

ptstandard.png

http://www.towersstreet.com/talk/genera ... -font-(wip)/msg28592/#new
Or if you just want the link: http://www.projecttowers.tk/

One thing that always used to bug me, was that original Rita (pre 2010), used to have an exit announcement which was different from the one released online, instead of matching the amateur voiceover similar to the other ones, it sounded a lot like the Thorpe Park voice over guy instead.

Not sure why this ever happened, does anyone have this piece of audio?

Many thanks.

There was actually a breakdown announcement for either Rita or Corkscrew which used the different voice as well! I remember it vaguely. One was the enthusiastic, hyper voice, and the other was a more professional and generic voice.

Think that may of been Corkie. I have a couple of Corkscrew announcements somewhere living around.

As far as I know Rita's breakdown announcement during the Queen of Speed years matched the rest of the announcements for the ride. Vividly remember hearing "erm excuse me, may I have your attention please!" On may occasions over the years

As for the end of ride announcement that didn't match I can only assume that that wasn't originally part of the ride and was added some time afterwards, probably on th s heap so they just got a generic announcement made instead?

The exit announcement at Thorpe on Stealth doesnt match the theme, all messages and audio around the ride are American, but the exit announcement is very British.

Now you've said that, when I think about it the old Rita exit announcement did sound just like the current Stealth one.

I have to also agree that Rita's breakdown announcement for me was always the 'erm excuse me' one that played.

And as regard to the old rita exit announcement, I think it went along the lines of 'Please undo your seatbelt now, the overhead restraint shall release shortly, and remember to take all personal belongings with you.'

Sorry for the double post guys, but has anyone ever seen this video, I was confused when I viewed it as I didn't know whether it was like a remake or just another idea they had for the music at the start.

http://youtu.be/H7fJUlBtNrQ

ryanlovesaltontowers said:
Sorry for the double post guys, but has anyone ever seen this video, I was confused when I viewed it as I didn't know whether it was like a remake or just another idea they had for the music at the start.
Yes, this isn't anything new, nor a remake. I've seen it many times before!

Can anyone confirm if this is the actual sound effect that used to be played at the top of Oblivion's drop just before the car gets released?

It's the "Don't look down" effect that used to be played between 1998 - (sometime in) 2004, and is now no longer played:

http://www.tussaudsmedia.co.uk/teaser/audio/alton/oblivion/Oblivion%20-%20DLD.mp3

I never heard this effect being played on Oblivion (as I first started riding it in late 2004) but I've been looking for it for ages, and I hope this is the right one!

Martin.C said:
Can anyone confirm if this is the actual sound effect that used to be played at the top of Oblivion's drop just before the car gets released?

Im sure that's it! Well, It's how I remember it anywho, but I was littler :p

Wow downloading The Smiler font you can see some examples provided and looks like they've taken the entire colour scheme from it also...

orbitron-4.png

One thing that has always interested me, the music in Corner Coffee, was it created especially for Alton Towers or was it just royalty free? I've tried to track them down for quite some time now but as yet I am unable to find any of the tracks played in there. Does anyone know where they are available to download or where I could get them?
Thanks, Ryan.

I like the way that AT seemstoget it more or less right with the theming. Nemesis is spot on. Air is just mind blowing in my eyes (even the longer version) But where they did excellent are the video's used on oblivion. Add to the tension brilliantly.

All the media that is found on youtube is always worth a listen and adds to my excitement about going. It would be a shame if Merlin stuck its pet lip out and took these away. Although a huge amount of brownie points would be gained if they put some on there themselves.