• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Future of Skyride

My enquiry about the ride reopening has not been responded to, after two weeks...or a year, depending on your viewpoint.
I still can't make full plans for my world tour.

Apologies for the double post, but a fortnight later...still no actual meaningful feedback from the park regarding this thing reopening, other than...we don't know.
Would be nice to visit in the one quieter week before the school holidays, but again, like last year, I still can't make plans for early season.
Anyone seen any gondolas outdoors yet?
If they don't get the thing running this week, what with operational checks, evacuation procedure practice, and all the rest, I'm at the back of the queue for the new nemesis.
Next post will be in the customer service topic, after another email request.

Apologies for the double post, but a fortnight later...still no actual meaningful feedback from the park regarding this thing reopening, other than...we don't know.
Would be nice to visit in the one quieter week before the school holidays, but again, like last year, I still can't make plans for early season.
Anyone seen any gondolas outdoors yet?
If they don't get the thing running this week, what with operational checks, evacuation procedure practice, and all the rest, I'm at the back of the queue for the new nemesis.
Next post will be in the customer service topic, after another email request.

I suppose if they don't know it's better to tell you that than giving you a date they are hoping for but do not actually know and might not be true?

Not if they started doing that in April last year.
But please, lets not start going in circles again.
I'm really not trying to be awkward, I'm just trying to make basic plans around busy season at work.
I'm hoping for my "first rainy schoolday" warning for my punters, for two new rides at the towers for me.

Last edited:
Not if they started doing that in April last year.
But please, lets not start going in circles again.
I'm really not trying to be awkward, I'm just trying to make basic plans around busy season at work.
I'm hoping for my "first rainy schoolday" warning for my punters, for tow new rides at the towers for me.

But if they genuinely do not know what do you want them to say? I'm not trying to be awkward in asking you this, but surely you see it is a completely valid response on their part. Not to excuse previously just ignoring you.

We get this all the time at work. I will always tell someone I don't know rather than lie to them with false promises or hopeful estimations. Saves a lot of pain later.

I'm not looking for estimations, and the false promises have already been half made with weasel words.
I'm simply trying to plan a trip, joining a few coasters and parks together.
Alton, with two new rides I haven't ridden, is top of my list for a quiet day, but I can't complete my plans without knowing if the ride will be open early, as originally "suggested", or later in the season.
If I knew, I could plan my first tour, around wifely work rotas, dog sitters, family visits and friends...

I have kept asking the park.
I have gained better information regarding the matter on here, from nice members, than from the towers.
There has been no official announcement, which I presume means it won't be open for the start of the season...I'm well aware that recommissioning the ride won't be quick.
I was hoping to go after the first weekend, when most schools are still in, but it will be difficult making last minute plans.
There have been that many drone vids about, I thought someone might have spotted something other than scaffolding.

Presumably the drones won't reach over to Skyride from the car parks that are accessible to guests currently.

Skyride being open or not come the opening weekend will mean booking a mobility scooter or using the manual chair. Tis the conundrum that we have to face as parks have never liked to admit when things are wrong. Especially Towers post-Smiler.

To be honest, I'm looking at ducking the dark forest completely and doing the rest in a slow line walking over the day...
hitting young people who appear happy with my stick as I hobble along.
My mate with multiple needs isn't coming now, another story...
Solo, so I can pick my own speed...but a certain attraction opening again would make life a lot easier.

To be honest, I'm looking at ducking the dark forest completely and doing the rest in a slow line walking over the day...
hitting young people who appear happy with my stick as I hobble along.
My mate with multiple needs isn't coming now, another story...
Solo, so I can pick my own speed...but a certain attraction opening again would make life a lot easier.
The problem is, people moan when it's closed but also moan when it's open because of the queue to get on. If you depend on the Skyride then you're setting yourself up for disappointment either way.

The problem is, people moan when it's closed but also moan when it's open because of the queue to get on. If you depend on the Skyride then you're setting yourself up for disappointment either way.
I'm not people.
I have happily used it without any complaint for thirty years.
I always go to the Towers off peak, have rarely suffered long queues for the ride, and have never grumbled about occasional closures, it goes with the territory.
I have previously depended on the ride for decades, for disabled clients, friends, and for the last decade or so, myself, with very little disappointment.
It was, and hopefully still is, an excellent provision for customers with lesser mobility issues (like express parking), who chose not to have a blue badge or use rap.
Helps with my nineteen seventies skateboarding wankles no end.

To be honest a transport ride in a park this size of AT is a theme park staple. It’s ridiculous they’ve let it get into this state.

Makes you think it’s totally screwed, but why bother painting the stations if this is the case.

To be honest a transport ride in a park this size of AT is a theme park staple. It’s ridiculous they’ve let it get into this state.

Makes you think it’s totally screwed, but why bother painting the stations if this is the case.

Because they have been working on the ride, there has been clear activity on the ride system itself, not just the station facades.

There are bigger parks than Towers without transport rides (and some recently that have started charging for transport rides), but I think they get that the park is better with it than without it.

If you depend on Skyride it has a RAP queue aside from the Towers Street station.

The queues at FV and DF are always horrendous though.

If you depend on Skyride it has a RAP queue aside from the Towers Street station.

The queues at FV and DF are always horrendous though.
Only the FV station accepts RAP, the TS and DF stations don't. The FV queue to DF does indeed get horrendous, I speak from experience as I've waited in it.