• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Gay Marriage Topic!

Well, I will say that I've been watching this topic from time to time, and I've been keeping quiet in that time. I can understand that, even with it being legalised in churches, that some people are going to feel rather uneasy about it, and I can understand that.

Personally though, unlike the two sides here on TS, I don't really care what happens with this, I'm happy though it is a breakthrough for gay marriage, and if it makes them happy then I have no issues with it. Now don't take it like I have no respects for gays, I do respect them, two of my friends at college are lesbians of course.

I do find it quite amusing though to see how much either side are going hammer and tongs on it are how much of a debate it is causing, then again half of TS's forum is gay. :p

Alas, I'm just acting as a lad watching on the sidelines over this.

Good news. The Bill has completed its passage through the House of Commons, and will now go through the same process in the House of Lords. :D

delta79 said:
with that squeal, do i see someone getting the wedding magazines out then Bear?

Give me a few more years of racking up student debt, then I'll pile up a whole lot more!

Ali to himself ;)

seriously, its about time for everything to come together. It caused a quite a shock for a work mate today. when her girlfriend turned up at work, got down on one knee and asked her to marry her in a summer wedding.

UKIP just sink to more surprising depths of lunacy.

First they deny climate change... Something which 95% percent of Scientists agree is both happening and is caused by humans. Then they suggest banning all lessons on the subject of climate change in schools, in particular picking out an Inconvenient Truth as a film that must be kept away from children... And now a member of theirs has been allowed to outwardly suggest that it isn't the earth altering pollution that is causing frequent extreme weather, but instead some nut-job evangelical homophobic reason. Hell, the WestBoro Baptist church (Famed for their 'God Hates Fags' protests) sent a tweet endorsing the party today!

But hey ho... UKIP blame everything on Immigrants (like the racists they are), and that's very popular with the elites as it distracts people from looking to the real causes of poverty and joblessness - The wealthy corporates who have used their fortunes to hi-jack the political system, the media, and every other influential body.

If UKIP become a major party, something I'm doubtful of, but still too wary to dismiss, then I genuinely think we will be marching towards a fascist state.

Haha. ;D

Come off it, some lunatic comes out with a statement like that and all of a sudden its UKIP policy?
Surly nobody really thinks that?
I wish UKIP would go away with the next person but you have to be fair it's not them saying that and all parties have loose cannons in them.

And climate change responsible for the floods? Have we never had floods before? Look back in history, there have been worse in the past.

Indeed, flooding has and always will happen.

However, the frequency and strength of the weather that causes these floods is becoming worse and can be directly linked to climate change. That is a fact you can't get away from.

according to some news sources. He has been warned about airing his strong Baptist views when being interviews on behalf of UKIP. As he failed to do so he has been suspended from the party and as an councillor.

To be honest, I think if a educated man that can not tell the difference between the bible and scientific fact, should be permanently ban from being a member of all political parties and from being a councillor.

The gays must be stopped!

Climate control is just the beginning. Wait until they have full control of government, Europe, the world - we're all doomed!

Yeah what a load of tripe - that's UKIP for you!

I heard a few homosexual couples are going to get wed in drought ridden countries. one is quoted saying "Well, If we have the super power to flood the uk. we might as well use it responsibly and give rain to people that really need it"

suspended UKIP Councillor David Silvester, was unavailable for comment on homosexuals using god wrath for good.

It's odd how often UKIP have to say "these views are theirs and not the party's". What is it about UKIP that attracts so many of these people...

Stating to think "We don't agree with his views but defend his right to say them" is code for "we agree, but can't do so publicly."