• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Gay Marriage Topic!

BigT said:
So it's natural to play in the sewer works rather than the playground, give me a break.

Just because it's found in other species doesn't make it natural, if everyone had all your attitude none of us would exist.

Evolution gave us a penis and a vagina for a reason, to make baby's. So someone suggest how a homosexual couple do this naturally.

Ignoring your extremely homophobic attitude, if homosexuality isn't natural, would you care to explain why it exists? I highly doubt anyone is fighting their basic human instincts in order to live a lifestyle that opens them up to abuse, prejudice and persecution by people with an attitude such as your own. And it isn't something bought on by scientific advances or chemicals in the water as it predates any of that. So do explain why it happens if it isn't a natural occurrence...

Meat Pie said:
Anal sex is worth no less than Vaginal sex, which is just another type of intercourse

Which not all gay people/couples even do. People seem to focus obsessively over this one thing when gay men are discussed, I really don't get it... It'd be like if I constantly mentioned straight people going to the shops, when in reality their lives consist of so much more than that! :p

BigT said:
So it's natural to play in the sewer works rather than the playground, give me a break.
If it occurs in nature then yes, it is natural. And lots of straight people do anal, too. Also, you seem to have forgotten lesbians. Also, you seem to have reduced being to just sex. Don't know about you, but all the gay people I know have just as deep and meaningful, not-just-about-sex relationships as the rest of us.

BigT said:
Just because it's found in other species doesn't make it natural, if everyone had all your attitude none of us would exist.
Nope. Just because I'm ok with people being gay doesn't mean I am. Unless being ok with homosexuality makes people infertile or something. Of course we would all exist. Most people are straight and have children. Allowing gays equal rights isn't suddenly going to make half the population gay with no interest in reproducing.

BigT said:
Evolution gave us a penis and a vagina for a reason, to make baby's. So someone suggest how a homosexual couple do this naturally.
True, but that doesn't mean we're only allowed to have sex for the sole reason of having kids with those organs. Plus it doesn't matter if they can't conceive naturally. We have science now.

Simon said:
The fascination with gay sex by opponents of equal marriage is most odd, don't you think?
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks they protest too much.

Bear said:
BigT said:

Serious question, what actually affects you about the possibility of homosexuals being allowed to marry in the traditional sense? Like, what about it affects your health and livelihood?

Nothing, I'm happy for gay people to marry if that makes them happy.

I'm just pointing out in evolution terms it's not natural as a post said earlier that I found a little offensive.

Personally, I couldnt give a flying fig leaf who is having sex with who or what entrances or exits they are using, if they love each other then good for them. Too much hatred in this world, WE NEED MORE LOVE people!!!

And i'm sure there are plenty of men and women with penises and vaginas who are still quite happy to bonk each other and make babies in the world so I dont think the human race is in any immediate risk of dying out yet.

All I will say is this - dont forget that long term anal sex can cause problems, Google them if your not sure, so be careful out there people, and dont forget to play it safe! :)

PS. Im 100% straight male, though the sight or two guys kissing doesnt really annoy me, or do anything for me.

PPS. However, I do have to ask this - if men who are gay dont want to have relationships with women... then why do a lot of gay men tend to have a partner or does dress up as a woman?!!! And yes, im speaking from experience here of knowing quite a lot of gay men, either as work colleagues or friends!!!!!

BigT said:
Bear said:
BigT said:

Serious question, what actually affects you about the possibility of homosexuals being allowed to marry in the traditional sense? Like, what about it affects your health and livelihood?

I'm just pointing out in evolution terms it's not natural as a post said earlier that I found a little offensive.

In theory, Humans are not natural.

BigT said:
Bear said:
BigT said:

Are you saying that you find the idea that homosexuality is natural personally offensive?

PPS. However, I do have to ask this - if men who are gay dont want to have relationships with women... then why do a lot of gay men tend to have a partner or does dress up as a woman?!!! And yes, im speaking from experience here of knowing quite a lot of gay men, either as work colleagues or friends!!!!!

Personally, I know of very few gay men that cross dress.

If you're referring to drag, then it's more of a gay culture thing.

GaryH said:

Human sexuality is full of strange contradictions such as this. It's just another form of private sexual expression - somebody can find heterosexual sex a turn off, but still be attracted to various attributes of the opposite sex, for example.

AshleeKel said:
BigT said:
Bear said:
BigT said:

Are you saying that you find the idea that homosexuality is natural personally offensive?

Does it matter? If he is, that's his personal right to feel that way and shouldnt be alienated for doing so.

Almost everything we do every day including making a cup of tea, wearing clothes and using the internet "isn't natural".

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

GaryH - It's BigT's right to express that he finds it offensive, but it is not his right to do so without criticism, and it is our right to condemn such a statement as much as it is his to make it.

Meat Pie said:
GaryH - It's BigT's right to express that he finds it offensive, but it is not his right to do so without criticism, and it is our right to condemn such a statement as much as it is his to make it.

I agree, but sometimes on these forums certain people tend to take things a bit too far, start getting personal, and the end result being a flame war between certain parties and the topic being locked. If that's his opinion, then we should respect it, just as others would expect respect towards theirs.

AshleeKel - this was in no way directed to you personally by the way, in fact it was directed at no one specifically, im just talking about how some things on this board tend to go!

GaryH said:
AshleeKel said:
BigT said:
Bear said:
BigT said:

Does it matter? If he is, that's his personal right to feel that way and shouldnt be alienated for doing so.

Taking it out of context you might be right, but his previous comment was offensive and the views expressed only serve to alienate an entire section of society. Why shouldn't they be able to counter that and defend their rights?

If it was a personal attack I could understand but the only thing that was questioned was the bizarre notion that he could be offended by someone else's view on their own lifestyle which in no way, as far as I'm aware, affects BigT

It's not the word natural that I find offensive it was the context of the post that I found a little bit offensive.
Not personally no because it wasn't aimed personally at me but I just didn't like the context of that particular post.

The thing I don't understand is this, and it goes for black people as well as for gays, why make such a song and dance about being equal and then open clubs that exclude straight or white people, I find that highly offensive.

Ps your right Meat Pie it is fair game to criticise the view but not the person which I think was what Gary was on about.

Edit: I use the word club not meaning bar etc more associations that type of thing.

Since when did gay clubs exclude straight people? I wasn't even aware my sexuality was included in my passport...have to say though, it's been a while since I've tried to get in my local black club!

In all seriousness though, I think your problem is with individuals rather than homosexuality itself. Perhaps you don't like the culture that is associated with homosexuality, and that is your right. It is only fair though to acknowledge that not everyone embraces this culture and you shouldn't believe everything you read about it.

Personally I am a straight, married man so this doesn't affect me directly. I just don't like the idea that someone can be judged (be it a positive or negative judgement) based on something so irrelevant as their sexuality. Some of my best friends are gay, and they are great friends to have, not because they are gay but because they're good people.

BigT said:
The thing I don't understand is this, and it goes for black people as well as for gays, why make such a song and dance about being equal and then open clubs that exclude straight or white people, I find that highly offensive.

Because society has throughout history been full of people keen to exclude and misunderstand, peddling phrases such as "don't tell me to play in the sewer when the playground is there", as you have this evening.

Spend some time in the last century, hell in the last week in some places, as a woman, a homosexual, an ethnic minority, an immigrant or suffering from a disability and then you might understand (if you're fortunate enough not to have to) why 'clubs' like those you allude to exist, why they're important, and why in the majority of cases they have bigger challenges than excluding you for being white or straight. It's completely contextual.

Also, whilst mainstream gay culture hold as little interest to me as pub rock in a Wetherspoons nowadays, the amount of sacrifice, progress, art and spirit that has emerged from maligned subcultures in the UK is so incredibly valuable. Personally, I have until recently held a perhaps idealised view of the homosexual community having a responsibility to be somewhat transgressive, as they were once forced to be. However, as this isn't the early 80s anymore, I'm understanding of why gay marriage is important both in terms of legal rights and what it represents, even if it's something that I think I'd probably regardless of sexuality.

GaryH said:
Personally, I couldnt give a flying fig leaf who is having sex with who or what entrances or exits they are using, if they love each other then good for them. Too much hatred in this world, WE NEED MORE LOVE people!!!

The man likes this (not multiple entrances, personally lol ;D - but live and let live, and love people, LOVE!! Listen to the man!)

Blaze said:
If it occurs in nature then yes, it is natural. And lots of straight people do anal, too. Also, you seem to have forgotten lesbians. Also, you seem to have reduced being to just sex. Don't know about you, but all the gay people I know have just as deep and meaningful, not-just-about-sex relationships as the rest of us.

This is so true, to the point it is actually disappointing to find out.

I mean, come on lads!!! ;D

Can't believe that debate about nature carried on either. It is in nature, prevalent even, one may argue, it's a natural aspect of life.

You think gay people go...

"Oh, you know what, I fancy lifting some shirts today! - It is totally against how I feel naturally but sod it, let's gay it up man!"

I just feel the way some speak, it is like a conscious decision or choice is being made, or they are "unnatural" according to biology. Er, problem with that is, it is biology in a self evident fashion - may be it is an evolutionary step, by either:

A) Mother Nature, to stop as many men pestering ladies, or...
B) Men, to avoid a life of being nagged to put the bins out and pick their socks up off the floor.

Sorry guys if you feel I am making light of it, but to me I don't understand how you can argue against something being "natural" when it is self defined as having been created by "nature".

And it happens all through nature too. OK has no logic in a purely procreative sense, that obviously wont work lol, but regardless of your feelings towards gay relationships, it cannot be argued that is not natural or biological. That is proven beyond doubt.

I also feel uneasy speaking about this topic in a way that feels like I am talking about something insignificant. I hope, to those here gay or whatever, that my sentiment comes across, whilst I simply address these points being made.

Come on, how can you sit talking to people and define their nature as not natural in this sense?

Does not compute.

I am gay, been with my boyfriend for 2 years, although I am not planning on getting married at the moment (incase he is reading!). If and when I were to do it, I would not upset me if I wasn't allowed to get married in a church. In my opinion I would feel uncomfortable being married under the eyes of God in a church when he doesn't approve of what we are doing (supposedly). I am all up for equality and all that, I personally would not get married in a church due to that reason. Thought I would share my thoughs :D

Wasn't there the case of the gay penguins in Spain? Shouldn't that prove that homosexuality is natural?

Source