• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Hotels: A Journey

They were doing this for a couple of years around the time Splash opened. It was part of the original positioning that ATH was the more ‘up market’ hotel with Splash as the more ‘family friendly’ option.
It had definitely stopped for the winter season 2003-2004 then as we went to the Nemesis 10th anniversary event in February 2004 and it was a buffet.

It had definitely stopped for the winter season 2003-2004 then as we went to the Nemesis 10th anniversary event in February 2004 and it was a buffet.

Strange to think many of us on here have probably met each other without even knowing it. I was also at the Nemesis 10th event - still got that VHS of the legend somewhere 🤣.

Well remembered it was a buffet by that point, shows that the table service perhaps didn’t stick around for long once Splash opened.

I also remember when ATH secret garden staff were themed, with evening meals being served by them dressed in gardeners clothes, while mornings were traditional black restaurant style outfits. And you would order the giant steak which would come out on a shovel lol

I also went to Nemesis 10. I don't recall the breakfast.
I remember some RCCGB members hiding croissants in their bag for later. Then forgetting the bag and coming back for it, further adding to their shame when trying to surreptitiously remove food. Found it incredibly funny at the time, not least as the park gave more free pastries in the park anyway for elevenses!

For once Towers have actually done something good in regards to their hotels, free beverages due to the hot weather.

From: https://twitter.com/TowersStreet/status/1667964327402283015?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

From TS Twitter.

I genuinely don’t want to moan for the sake of it, and good on them for offering this to their guests.

However this to me is another example of the lack of attention to detail and low presentation standards that is far too common across the resort.

Many hotels offer free water in their reception areas, some do it all the time, others only during hot weather. I have seen it offered in Travelodges right up to 4/5 star hotels.

One thing I have never seen is them just plonking some jugs and squash bottles on tables. Would it kill them to present things better in something like this? Looks better and seems more hygienic that open jugs. They have multiple restaurants and a conference centre onsite - they must have better equipment to use for situations like this.

IMG_5078.jpeg

Again, I don’t want me be moaning all the time. But the hotels are marketing themselves as 4 star premium experiences. That should be delivered and considered at all levels.

I genuinely don’t want to moan for the sake of it, and good on them for offering this to their guests.

However this to me is another example of the lack of attention to detail and low presentation standards that is far too common across the resort.

Many hotels offer free water in their reception areas, some do it all the time, others only during hot weather. I have seen it offered in Travelodges right up to 4/5 star hotels.

One thing I have never seen is them just plonking some jugs and squash bottles on tables. Would it kill them to present things better in something like this? Looks better and seems more hygienic that open jugs. They have multiple restaurants and a conference centre onsite - they must have better equipment to use for situations like this.

IMG_5078.jpeg

Again, I don’t want me be moaning all the time. But the hotels are marketing themselves as 4 star premium experiences. That should be delivered and considered at all levels.

Yes and they certainly should do that but I wouldn’t wait to order some before offering out water to guests during a mini heat wave.

IMG_5078.jpeg

To be honest I thought the same. Open topped jugs left out for hours aren’t the most hygienic. Dust (on my hotel stay back in October the foyer was very dusty), pollen or other small particles can easily contaminate the water as well as curious kids sticking their fingers in. As nice a gesture it is, I wouldn’t really want to drink that water. At least put a lid on them.

That was my point around the conference centre. They must have something more suitable they use day in day out to offer free water for conference guests that they could have used instead.

I don’t recall anything like that in the conference centre.