• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The "I feel a bit MEH" topic

Don't worry about it bud, as you get older and gain independence the world will become your Oyster. Last year I went Florida for two weeks, Port Aventura, Thorpe Park, Chessington, Alton Towers, Flamingo Land, Drayton Manor. This year I've been Port Aventura, Alton Towers, Flamingo Land, Lightwater Valley, Drayton Manor and going Germany a week on Saturday to go Movie Park Germany, Phantasialand, Tripsdrill, Europa Park, Holiday Park and then Thorpe & Chessington in October.

Before I 'became' and adult I would probably only go Alton Towers once or twice a year and at a push Drayton Manor. Give it time mate.

Us sad old addicts...
I go a week without a coaster and I get twitchy.
Just remember to keep it up into old age you young uns, a bad back and dodgy knees is never an excuse.

There is a regular at Thorpe Park that's in his seventies, got talking to him last year while waiting for Swarm, he's been riding coasters for over 60 years, the nutter.

Had to laugh on thirteen earlier this year when the ride op asked for for a single rider to fill the gap next to me and this little old lady with a walking stick shuffled by everybody and jumped on, saying 'hold this' as she lobbed the stick at the poor batcher, I had no idea pensioners could still scream that loud!

Thanks guys. You've all made me feel a bit better. I don't think it helps that I watch Shawn Sanbrooke's channel and watch him gallivanting to different parks around the world.

I know how you feel mate - my merlin pass runs out in January and my family aren't renewing. Don't know what I'm going to do with myself! Can't wait till I can drive myself to parks haha! Just think of the future :)

Had a belated birthday surprise trip away and had no idea where I was going until we got to the gate. Unfortunately it turns out it was home, as the screen was soon filled with a big red cancelled banner :( Air traffic strikes in Italy and France will ruin a few holidays this weekend.

So now we have to work out how/If we get compensation and will now have to wait even longer to get to Parc Walibi. Booo!

If anyone has any previous experience of a cancelled flight, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Had a belated birthday surprise trip away and had no idea where I was going until we got to the gate. Unfortunately it turns out it was home, as the screen was soon filled with a big red cancelled banner :( Air traffic strikes in Italy and France will ruin a few holidays this weekend.

So now we have to work out how/If we get compensation and will now have to wait even longer to get to Parc Walibi. Booo!

If anyone has any previous experience of a cancelled flight, any advice would be greatly appreciated.
If you were flying with Ryanair, then @Burbs should be able to help you out after a cancelled flight he had a few weeks ago.

I'm so sorry to hear that you flight was cancelled.

I'm sorry to inform you that it don't look like you will be able to get compensation due to a strike. But you may be able to claim off your travel insurance for any losses other than your flight tickets and the airline should refund you only for the flight tickets

These links should help (providing the info is up to date)

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-ri...-delay-due-to-a-strike-can-i-get-compensation

https://www.money.co.uk/guides/what...ght-is-cancelled-because-of-strike-action.htm

Good luck with getting a refund and let us know how you get on.

Thanks Roy. Appreciate the advice :)

The refund is in hand as for the other expenses we'll have to wait and see. Lucky we have insurance so we should be fine.

The only thing for me is how poor it was handled. No information and it took nearly 4 hours to get back to the terminal. We had to show and go back through passport control, despite never leaving the country.

Worse things to happen though, so had a few Belgian beers tonight to commiserate and started planning the next adventure :)

Thanks Roy. Appreciate the advice :)

The refund is in hand as for the other expenses we'll have to wait and see. Lucky we have insurance so we should be fine.

The only thing for me is how poor it was handled. No information and it took nearly 4 hours to get back to the terminal. We had to show and go back through passport control, despite never leaving the country.

Worse things to happen though, so had a few Belgian beers tonight to commiserate and started planning the next adventure :)
Sounds very similar to my experience though that was due to the lightning strike at Stansted. We got a quick refund on the Ryanair app for flights but 2 weeks on and we are still waiting to hear from my insurance company who said they would respond in 10-15 days. If you want a chat about any of this Robert then do drop me a PM. :)

Meh!!!

Autumn is here so waiting for my sad to kick in. My son has just left home and my dog died at the beginning of the month. Could use a day of coaster love but I'm broke.

Thanks feel better now :)

Meh!!!

Autumn is here so waiting for my sad to kick in. My son has just left home and my dog died at the beginning of the month. Could use a day of coaster love but I'm broke.

Thanks feel better now :)

Oh dear, sorry for your loss :( Hopefully there is some good news around the corner for you. If you are a superstitious person you have certainly had your 3's. My colleague swears by his SAD lamp at this time of year, if you don't already have one.

As a follow up to my previous post, I did end up in Brussels. This weekend as it happens, yay! However we still didn't make it to Walibi, as my girlfriend was bedridden with flu on the first day and the park was shut on the Sunday. Boooooo!

So back to Meh! Hopefully 3rd time is a charm.

Still contending with Ryanair for compensation and we have had to refer our case to 3rd party adjudicator, still no end date in sight for this one.

As a follow up to my previous post, I did end up in Brussels. This weekend as it happens, yay! However we still didn't make it to Walibi, as my girlfriend was bedridden with flu on the first day and the park was shut on the Sunday. Boooooo!
Sorry that you couldn't get to Walibi, Robert. I was going to reassure you by saying about an RMC coming in 2019 and about how you would have missed out if you'd been this year, but then I realised you were probably talking about the Belgium park and not the Holland park! :oops:

As for you @Snagglemama, I'm sure it'll all get better as you get closer to Christmas and the end of the year.

Thank you @Matt N Indeed it was the Belgian park but I will get there eventually and I will certainly be hitting up Walibi Holland for an RMC adventure next year as well :)

Oh dear, sorry for your loss :( Hopefully there is some good news around the corner for you. If you are a superstitious person you have certainly had your 3's. My colleague swears by his SAD lamp at this time of year, if you don't already have one.

So back to Meh! Hopefully 3rd time is a charm.

Still contending with Ryanair for compensation and we have had to refer our case to 3rd party adjudicator, still no end date in sight for this one.

Funnily enough I've had something happen tonight which has taken my breath away. Some friends clubbed together to help pay some of the transport costs for the puppy we were in the process of adopting when our girlie died. Gives me some breathing room

Sorry that you couldn't get to Walibi, Robert. I was going to reassure you by saying about an RMC coming in 2019 and about how you would have missed out if you'd been this year, but then I realised you were probably talking about the Belgium park and not the Holland park! :oops:

As for you @Snagglemama, I'm sure it'll all get better as you get closer to Christmas and the end of the year.

I hope so