• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The "I feel a bit MEH" topic

Stop flying with Ryanair unless you like playing russian roulette with your flight bookings.

Everyone says that but in truth I've flown ~80 times with Ryanair and had only the one cancelled, including 5 flights since my post in this thread. The main take away I've had from my experience is the poor service and the blatant lies that you will experience if something goes wrong, probably to make you give up in claiming compensation and turn to your insurers.

As @Burbs pointed out to me away from this thread, Ryanair flies to some convenient locations for theme park enthusiasts from UK and can sometimes be the only option. Nobody is picking Ryanair for its impeccable service and it's ability to get you to your "destination" on time.

When they change their baggage policy in November I will not be choosing Ryanair unless they are the only option to that destination, as all the bolt on charges will likely make up the price difference between the next airline negligible.

Unless I've misunderstood the news, Ryanair also can't be blamed for the actions of a bigoted customer, people wanted the guy thrown off the flight, well by that time the plane was in the air so they had a choice, turn back to the airport, or throw him out the door, I doubt either was a preferable option for 99.9% of those on board.

That's like blaming the Native Indians for the KKK's actions because they both share the same landmass.

Everyone says that but in truth I've flown ~80 times with Ryanair and had only the one cancelled, including 5 flights since my post in this thread. The main take away I've had from my experience is the poor service and the blatant lies that you will experience if something goes wrong, probably to make you give up in claiming compensation and turn to your insurers.

As @Burbs pointed out to me away from this thread, Ryanair flies to some convenient locations for theme park enthusiasts from UK and can sometimes be the only option. Nobody is picking Ryanair for its impeccable service and it's ability to get you to your "destination" on time.

When they change their baggage policy in November I will not be choosing Ryanair unless they are the only option to that destination, as all the bolt on charges will likely make up the price difference between the next airline negligible.
I guess I have always gone with the cheapest airline that flys the route. As for bags, so far I've always gone hand luggage only so it doesn't matter

I guess I have always gone with the cheapest airline that flys the route. As for bags, so far I've always gone hand luggage only so it doesn't matter

From November 1st you'll need to pay for hand luggage unless you pay for priority boarding :(

Because they just weren't fleecing you enough already. Anyone would think Ryanair was owned by Merlin.

From November 1st you'll need to pay for hand luggage unless you pay for priority boarding :(
Oh, I was under the impression it went free, but there was no guarantee it wouldn't be placed in the hold.

So now it's what's cheaper priority boarding or checked bags

It all depends on how tightly you can pack a bag. Get it wrong and its a €50 fee.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/news/ryanair-new-baggage-rules/
Under the new plans announced this week, Ryanair will no longer let passengers take small suitcases on its planes for free, with charges for cases 10kg and above being introduced in November. Passengers will still be allowed to take one small carry-on bag or free, as long as it fits under the seat in front of them.

We all did lol.

Having now watched the particular incident itself though, I do think Ryanair were in s bit of a no-win situation, move the woman and be accused of racism, or throw the guy off and be prosecuted for disability discrimination (it's fairly obvious he has some form of a learning disability), I guess they just though, the woman's daughter is sitting down the back of the plane, our own seating policy has contributed to this, so just move her up there and leave the seat empty. I don't agree with moving victims, but given the alternative there wasn't a lot else they could do, I doubt they wanted the hassle that would have come with offloading the guy in Spain.

I though it was the lady that has the disability. Jess and I often face abuse like this, it's quiet common. I've been physically threatened and Jess is often called horrible names due to her disability.

It was only Saturday that Jess and I was in the wheelchair viewing area at Colchester bird of prey show. It's not manage, so non wheelchair user come in and expect us to move as Jess in in the way of their way for viewing the display (there is a separate seated area for non wheelchair users) these people did kick off at us. People do get funny with us a lot, and after dark for the scare mazes, people think its an invitation to shine torches into my wife's face as well as call her all sorts of names including freak etc.. The problem is, the police won't do nothing about it.

It's a shame after watching the recent Dr who program about Rosa Parks, thinking how terrible it was on how we use to treat people with different colour skin, to think we have come a long way, but yet in today's society, that discrimination on all levels still goes on.

Wow that's horrific to read RoyJess, I certainly hope those involved get their comeuppance somewhere else down the road.

I though it was the lady that has the disability. Jess and I often face abuse like this, it's quiet common. I've been physically threatened and Jess is often called horrible names due to her disability.

It was only Saturday that Jess and I was in the wheelchair viewing area at Colchester bird of prey show. It's not manage, so non wheelchair user come in and expect us to move as Jess in in the way of their way for viewing the display (there is a separate seated area for non wheelchair users) these people did kick off at us. People do get funny with us a lot, and after dark for the scare mazes, people think its an invitation to shine torches into my wife's face as well as call her all sorts of names including freak etc.. The problem is, the police won't do nothing about it.

It's a shame after watching the recent Dr who program about Rosa Parks, thinking how terrible it was on how we use to treat people with different colour skin, to think we have come a long way, but yet in today's society, that discrimination on all levels still goes on.

The video I saw had the woman's face blanked out and i didn't read the article because it had hysterical headlines, I was going on the look of the guy only and the way he was talking, other than knowing the woman was black (and the guy didn't like her) I don't know anything else about her, I put it down to simple racism spurned on by someone who doesn't have someone there to guide him, unfortunately I can quiet easily see my nephew being that guy in about 15 years.

Totally agree on everything else you said and I'm sorry you got treated that way, my dad gets very pissed off with people like that and says "we need a good war to teach these idiots humility", (he lived through WW2 so has experience on how it made people feel) I generally find life finds a way to publish ignorant people like that, whether you see it or not, my cousin receives similar abuse because she uses a wheelchair and has three kids, last year she had some guy come up to her and ask whether the kids were hers or adopted because it must be difficult with the chair getting in the way, I literally had to drag the guy away to stop her husband from killing him.

Last edited:
I'm led to believe that the woman on the plane had arthritis and uses a wheelchair. The guy got funny because she didn't move quickly enough (due to her arthritis) to allow him to get to his seat. We often come across the same impatience people out and about. People don't even say excuse me now a days, they just barge through, they just push and shuff you.

Excuse me has been replaced by sorry, I ignore people who say sorry when they should say excuse me, so they end up repeating sorry over and over at an ever increasing volume to try and get my attention, eventually I'll turn round and say what are you apologising for? and generally the reply will be I want to get past and I'll sarcastically say well maybe if you said excuse me instead of apologising for something I would have moved quicker.

Literally just experienced this while shopping, it pisses me off no end so I can't imagine what it's like from your point of view.

What gets me when in a shop, you are comparing/looking/deciding the items on a shelf and people who pass in front of you in-between the shelf and you when you, despite the fact there was plenty of room behind you to pass. Even worse is when they just push in front of you to grab something off the shelf, they just don't have the respect to wait until I'm finished looking and moved.

Regarding the flight incident...the charming gentleman involved does indeed live in sheltered accommodation, and appears to have some form of learning disability.
He has been spoken to by the police, and they have taken the unusual step of naming him without being charged.
Doesn't excuse his behaviour, but it goes some way to explaining what happened at the time.

I don't think the police have the powers of charging him as the incident took place on Spain soil, if the plane had taken off, it would have been a different matter. It's a matter for the Spanish police.

I think the way that Ryanair handled the situation was questionable, it should have been the man that should have either moved seat or ejected from the plane.

I think the way that Ryanair handled the situation was questionable, it should have been the man that should have either moved seat or ejected from the plane.

They should of put a sweaty flatulent person next to him so he could 'enjoy' the rest of his flight ;D

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk