• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The "I feel a bit MEH" topic

I'm very sorry to hear it, of course, and it is a truly dreadful thing to happen.
I didn't like how Alan Sugar jumped on it by saying "I'm a fixed wing pilot blah blah blah I hate helicopters. I very reluctantly flew in one for the Apprentice filming." As someone who is quite involved with helicopters and the aviation industry, I don't like people turning this in to a 'helicopters are unsafe' argument, and it does hurt me a little to hear that. I'm aware, from personal experience, that of all vehicles, Helicopters are some of the hardest out there to control due to the fact that they have a tendency to be unstable, or as many a pilot will say 'they don't want to fly', and of all the aspects of flying, over correction of the cyclic whilst trying to hover is certainly one of those problems that takes ages to overcome and if you were thrown in to it with no experience, bad results would happen. That being said, just like with anything that involves muscle memory, once you have learnt it, you can master it and it can become more subconscious. And the odds of something like this happening are very small indeed, which makes it all the more unfortunate. The idea that helicopter flying is inherently dangerous is a complete and utter myth.
I wouldn't ride in one, no matter how rich I was. Just not worth it. I've heard too many stories from oil industry helicopters crashing/ditching

Doesn't take away from what happened though, absolutely tragic and very lucky it wasn't a whole lot worse

I could write a big long post here but I'm just going to say. Studying is so much harder when your course is this boring. Have been "feeling a bit meh" to downright upset over the past couple of weeks, because I really hate not knowing if I'm going to pass, and being behind everybody else. Grades are curved here, so even if I knew my marks it wouldn't mean anything until results day.

To anybody here who is thinking of going on a student exchange, consider that it's highly likely you won't get the modules you want and that has a bigger impact than you may think. This is coming from a triple E student who hasn't taken a single electronics module this semester.

I'd still recommend a student exchange, because of the CV boost and travel opportunities (going to China was awesome) but then again, at the moment I just want to give up and go work in a restaurant again.

:(

Work has just merged with another establishment.
Yesterday everyone at work (only my old establishment) have had at risk of redundancy letters.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

How are you going to get it down?

Last time we used a catapult, fishing line and some lead weight to grab ahold of the branch and shake it loose, but it's fairly well dug into the tree this time, it was going at quiet some rate and I couldn't see the branches cos they didn't have leaves on them so it went in full chat, plus it's in an awkward place. Will go back out tomorrow to see if it's blown down during the night.

Sheeet, Delta. :( Been there, had that. I hope it works out for you.
... Or at least you get a good pay off. :/

Eek, Delta that's a nightmare :(

Unfortunately I'm currently going through the same thing. I can't really expand on that because I don't want to risk my pennies.

What I can say is that I've seen people jump straight into other jobs, so it is possible. Don't delay on getting a CV up to date and consider joining LinkedIn if you are not already in there. I've spent the last 3 weeks in CV workshops :(

If you have any questions of what you might have expect then please feel free to drop a PM and I'll do my best to answer.

Eek, Delta that's a nightmare :(

Unfortunately I'm currently going through the same thing. I can't really expand on that because I don't want to risk my pennies.

What I can say is that I've seen people jump straight into other jobs, so it is possible. Don't delay on getting a CV up to date and consider joining LinkedIn if you are not already in there. I've spent the last 3 weeks in CV workshops :(

If you have any questions of what you might have expect then please feel free to drop a PM and I'll do my best to answer.
Good luck Robert, hope you find work soon. :)

Thank you both. Look out for a post in the I'm feeling happy thread soon ;)

Fingers crossed for you Delta. I hope you get what you need.