• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Down Topic.

I meant anything that takes you out of your house is a bloody stupid thing to be doing right now.

Is it though? I was told I was being irresponsible the other day by some internet warrior for saying I was going flying yesterday, I'm not sure how walking to the car and driving to a field and standing in it a mile away from the nearest other human being is contributing to the problem and I was stupid for doing so, but somehow it was...

if you go out and not see another living person I think its fine, as long as you don't cough and splutter and wipe your infection on every surface that you pass

Is it though? I was told I was being irresponsible the other day by some internet warrior for saying I was going flying yesterday, I'm not sure how walking to the car and driving to a field and standing in it a mile away from the nearest other human being is contributing to the problem and I was stupid for doing so, but somehow it was...
That is an example I cannot find a problem with at this time. :)

if you go out and not see another living person I think its fine, as long as you don't cough and splutter and wipe your infection on every surface that you pass

Well I don't have a cough, cold or anything and the only surface I'm touching is the car door, inside the car and the grass in the field as well as my drone and controller, (I might also be guilty of sitting on the mower this weekend if it doesn't rain), I think if it is that easy to contract this virus, then there is little we can do to avoid it, and perhaps, even if it is that virulent, is impossible to avoid.

The daft virus has effectively cancelled the only thing I've been enjoying and kept me somewhat social this year, that thing being rowing, it may seem small but doing sports has helped my well being massively over the past few years and losing the ability to do it with a group has already knocked my state of mind down.
I was looking forward to the summer racing season which was looking to be tough but fun due to all the flooding stopping water training for a long while, all the hard work for this season gone down the drain as quite a few of the boat members leave this year due to it being their final year at uni :(

I know that everyone's been saying the same things, but this pandemic is really starting to get to me now. It's looking like 17th March 2020 was my last day of school for some time, and while that probably excites most people my age, it makes me more scared because for me, it sort of represents the end of normality. I know that it'll all blow over eventually, but it's just the fear of not knowing when eventually is.

There's just so many different fears going through my head at the moment; I'm scared of getting the virus, I'm scared of passing on the virus, I'm scared that I might die from the virus, I'm scared about the virus' long-term impacts on the world. It's just all so overwhelming. I'm also somewhat scared for the future; before this outbreak, I had many things I was looking forward to. I had just acquired my first ever Premium Merlin Pass and was looking forward to getting in loads of park visits this year. I was optimistic about the nice things I could do with my family this year. I was looking forward to a potential family holiday to Florida in 2021 for my 18th birthday. Even though I will hopefully still get to do these things eventually, it does put my chances of actually ever doing them into doubt somewhat. I'm trying to stay positive about the future, but when people are saying morbid things like; "our world will change forever", "no one is safe", "there's no point in living anymore", it does make fear my overriding emotion.

I apologise for this post, because I worry that I sound self-centred worrying. I know very well that other people are going through far greater ordeals than I am, and I feel for these people a lot; I'd hate to be in their scenario.

Chin up mate.
Change always happens.
Stocks and economies sort out in the end.
These things happen every few decades, some worse than others.
Dont listen to the scaremongers, just fill your time with positive stuff, new hobbies, and a different style of education.
Try to stick to your routine, try hard to keep the family happy.

And consider modest levels of red wine with water every other day for the overall health benefits.
Look it up.

You've got to be realistic too. There's so much on the news that's just information, there's nothing you, personally, can do about it. All you can do is follow the advice given and try to make the best of it.

Wash your hands, stay 6 feet away from people, don't go to big public spaces unless you have to, and wash your hands

A few members of my family are at higher risk, from COPD to history of pneumonia and just being older, but all I can do is wash my hands and stay away for the time being.

Like Rob said, keep your chin up and always look for the good news. Use the time to learn a new skill, coding or drawing or you could go full nerd and learn NoLimits2! Anything to keep your mind distracted and occupied.

I know that everyone's been saying the same things, but this pandemic is really starting to get to me now. It's looking like 17th March 2020 was my last day of school for some time, and while that probably excites most people my age, it makes me more scared because for me, it sort of represents the end of normality. I know that it'll all blow over eventually, but it's just the fear of not knowing when eventually is.

There's just so many different fears going through my head at the moment; I'm scared of getting the virus, I'm scared of passing on the virus, I'm scared that I might die from the virus, I'm scared about the virus' long-term impacts on the world. It's just all so overwhelming. I'm also somewhat scared for the future; before this outbreak, I had many things I was looking forward to. I had just acquired my first ever Premium Merlin Pass and was looking forward to getting in loads of park visits this year. I was optimistic about the nice things I could do with my family this year. I was looking forward to a potential family holiday to Florida in 2021 for my 18th birthday. Even though I will hopefully still get to do these things eventually, it does put my chances of actually ever doing them into doubt somewhat. I'm trying to stay positive about the future, but when people are saying morbid things like; "our world will change forever", "no one is safe", "there's no point in living anymore", it does make fear my overriding emotion.

I apologise for this post, because I worry that I sound self-centred worrying. I know very well that other people are going through far greater ordeals than I am, and I feel for these people a lot; I'd hate to be in their scenario.

Your not alone Matt, the uncertainty is affecting even the strongest of us. This is perfectly natural. If you look at those that are dying from this virus, it is usually someone with underlying health issues. There may also be a link to Anti-inflammatory which many of these people with underlying health issues are on.

I think this virus has put a spanner in the works for all. Easter, Mothers day and my wife Birthday for us will all be spent in isolation away from family and friends. We can't even go out to the beach on a nice summer day. Remember we are all in this together. When we get through this, I'm going to make up for our lost days isolating by going out more.

The positive thing is that our world air pollution has improved since the planes has been grounded. Maybe we needed this virus to stop the real threat to our world, which is us polluting our planet. Things will change, they have to, but will change for the better. We need to rely less on over sea's travel and imports as this is not doing our planet any good. Remember, we have never had it so good, we have had life better than any previous generations and we have taken it all for granted. What ever happens or changes, we will still have it better than post world war 2 years.

Keep your chin up and there will be light at the end of the tunnel, but we will get there eventually.

To quote Dear Evan Hansen, I basically feel as though "I'm flying blind and making this up as I go" at the moment. I hate this uncertainty at the best of times, but when it's this incredibly serious, it makes things worse. My social life is essentially on hold until further notice. I have no idea for certain when I'm going to see my boyfriend again. I don't want to spend the next few months only seeing my parents and colleagues. It sucks big time. :( One good thing is it'll give me a chance to push on with my OU work.

Last edited:
Thats it la.
Get your homework done while things are sh!te.
Always the sensible option.
Keep in touch with everyone by phone, mail and email.
Send handwritten letters.
Fifty years of occasionally flying blind and making it up on the go.
Only way to be sometimes.
Accept change and it slowly becomes better.

I think over time, it will almost become normal. Who knows; I might find something really nice in my house that will provide me entertainment!

I was gonna post this in Corona thread but realised it belonged here. So here goes.

I'm a careworker, I ride coasters and do flyball with my dogs to relax. Right now everyone is scared. We have people who would die if they caught this. I have no outlet, flyball tournaments are cancelled, was meant to be camping. Literally I'm in self isolation and then go to work. Which is super stressful because they want to go out too. No need to reply just offloading. Thanks. Stay safe everyone

Keep your chin up, your and everyone health is the most important, without your health you can't have a life. Think how life must be like for someone like my wife who is immobilise, wheelchair bound and would love to do all the things that we all take for granted but can't.

Things were tough for us before this due to my wife medical condition, this crisis has made our situation unbearable. We are use to social distancing, something we have done for a long time due to my wife's medical condition. I'm used to working on cruise ships being at sea for months at a time, so the isolation and not being able to get out is something that I'm used to.

What is worrying us, is all the stupid panic and stockpiling. With me being a fussy eater and Jess having dietary needs, combine with being in isolation, there is a real danger that we may end up hungry. It's not just us, but also this is making life difficult for the elderly, disabled and I saw on the news last night that care homes are struggling to feed the entire home due to the food shortages. There is not need to panic buy or stock up. There is no food shortages, there will not be any interruption to food supplies, these are still coming into the country as normal as these are given priority as they are classed as essential goods. The issue is people just going into the shops and clearing the shelves.

I have more or less written this year off, but life will continue, even if things won't be the same, we will head in a new direction. I had a friend that ploughed all his inheritance into a business. A few years ago, it all went up in flames when there were a fire (Great Yarmouth indoor Market). The stall holders couldn't get insurance, so he wasn't insured, he lost everything. This didn't stop him, a year later he restarted his business from scratch.

I can only compare the uncertainty of all this to a messy divorce, it's exactly what a divorce feels like. Once this is all over, I will make up for any loss days out and I will look back on this and hopefully lessons will be learn't and this is what we need to change the way we do things for the better. Less air travel, less pollution, it also goes to show that you can work from home which must also be good for the environment as well as cost saving for business. Hopefully they will also impose indefinite quarantine of all moment of people moving in and out of the countries to prevent something like this happening again.

This crisis makes Brexit look very trivial.

The bottom line, this crisis will make us all step back and appreciate all the things that we have but take for granted. This crisis is giving me the chance to get on with those much needed jobs around the home.

Everyone is feeling down over this, we are all in this together and we will all get through this together. Don't be afraid to reach out on here if you need some support, you are not alone