• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Down Topic.

So I've recently returned to work and I'm slowly re-entering society. That'd be great. Nope.

51105154464_6989dd3190_o.png

Damn it.

Wow, I've not seen a positive one of these for ages. I think that's actually quite an achievement at the mo, even if its a bit of a depressing one.

Two people were sent home from work after positive LFT so it might have been that. The more annoying part is I'm missing a physio session now.

Last edited:
My psychopathic ex has reared her ugly head again after nearly ten years being separated. No I don’t want to run the risk of being stabbed by you again, was the restraining order not enough of a hint to you?
Honestly, some people when they realise you’ve been successful in the time you’ve been apart!
Sadly triggered my obsessive side of autism and can’t stop being worried about the “what ifs” now.

My psychopathic ex has reared her ugly head again after nearly ten years being separated. No I don’t want to run the risk of being stabbed by you again, was the restraining order not enough of a hint to you?
Honestly, some people when they realise you’ve been successful in the time you’ve been apart!
Sadly triggered my obsessive side of autism and can’t stop being worried about the “what ifs” now.
Ah no, that's not good. Sorry to hear that mate. :(
There are plenty of domestic abuse support organisations you can contact if you need advice or support, including the National Domestic Abuse Helpline.

https://www.nationaldahelpline.org.uk/

Ah no, that's not good. Sorry to hear that mate. :(
There are plenty of domestic abuse support organisations you can contact if you need advice or support, including the National Domestic Abuse Helpline.

https://www.nationaldahelpline.org.uk/

Appreciate the thought buddy. She’s already been in touch with my work and me through social media. I have statements and screenshots if Police involvement is needed. So should be good it’s just depressing that a passage of ten years and some people still can’t let go!

Unfortunately, some people have mental issues so severe that they can't acknowledge the harm they cause to others, and time makes no difference whatsoever. If you ever need to vent, then my inbox is always open. Can't promise I'll reply immediately (yay, executive function!), but I'll try to respond as soon as I can.

Appreciate the thought buddy. She’s already been in touch with my work and me through social media. I have statements and screenshots if Police involvement is needed. So should be good it’s just depressing that a passage of ten years and some people still can’t let go!

I'm so sorry to hear. I've been there, done it and go the T shirt with an ex. Depending on which social media, you should be able to block her. Yes do keep any evidence like screenshots, but don't delete the originals which will be legally required in court. See if you can hide these messages from public view but do keep the originals.

The best thing that you can do is keep calm, and don't react. It is a reaction that she is after and the best way is not to fall into the trap or reacting.

If she is stirring up lies with your work, which is a concern and not on, but bear in mind that your work should know you inside out, so I wouldn't worry too much.

I've not told my full story here on what happened to me regards to my ex's. My first one used to be very fiery and used to hit out at me and she wouldn't think twice about picking up a heavy object and throwing it at me or drawing blood. My young son was also having unexplained marks appear on him. As a young man back in the late 80's early 90's, people didn't believe that this sort of thing happens and it was easy for my ex twist it around. I was initially investigated for the marks on my son. They didn't even consider that it was my ex doing it. A bite mark appeared on my son face and it was her teeth marks, so she couldn't deny it and said it was only a kiss and she just kissed him too hard. She had an affair shortly after this which sealed the fate of our marriage. He was put on the at risk register because of my ex and I got emergency temporary custody. We were in and out of court for a good two years after with overwhelming evidence against my ex to obtain the final custody order.

Both of my ex wives wouldn't let go and would spread malicious lies about me to prevent me from moving on. There were never any violence from my second ex or myself during my second marriage. My second ex wife despite spreading malicious lies about me, she would deny making or spreading such lies when I put her allegations through my solicitors. Bear in mind back in those days, text, emails and social media weren't being used as much as today, so the spreading of these lies were by verbal only. Those that know me will know that I'm a very respectful person and that I would never hurt anyone. I've been with my current wife since 2006 and she will tell you that I'm nothing like the person that my ex's paints of me, if I was anything like my ex says about me, Jess said that she wouldn't be with me. Actually, Jess will tell you that I'm the complete opposite.

Jess and I both had to deal with my ex over the past few years, even with solicitors involved. Jess has also witness for herself the first hand lies that my ex spreads, including telling lies about what Jess' Grandad had apparently said as well going around telling lies about other people. Regardless of all the overwhelming evidence against my ex's those lies still stick today like mud. People would rather believe in the lies as oppose to the truth, despite all the overwhelming evidence in my favour. Despite all this, I manage to keep my home and son through my first marriage as well as my home and children (including two daughters which I was told I would never get by my solicitors as courts don't award young daughters to dads) from my second marriage. I came very close to loosing everything and I certainly would have done if there were any truth in any of the lies.

@RoyJess thank you for your honesty and candour. im a Children’s social worker so understand what you’ve been through if only on a professional level at least in respect of your child.
Sadly it’s not my first rodeo so I am blocking and keeping originals too appreciate the advice.
I was stabbed in the leg and a knife held to my throat when I threatened to leave her so she’s a true psychopath. I wish I had responded better to the “lesser” attacks and left at that point but I convinced myself it was because she cares!
I know full well why she’s surfaced again - good job, no mortgage, recently single again I’m sure in some delusional state she thinks there’s a chance of reconciliation so is imposing herself in my life - although going to my work to file bogus complaints doesn’t usually work.
She needs help

Have you spoken to your boss about that?
Just finished a meeting today. In order to protect the Council from the nature of the allegations (which are violent) I’m effectively on gardening leave. Estimated to only be one week to allow police investigation however last time was six months.
Time to break out the season pass?

Just finished a meeting today. In order to protect the Council from the nature of the allegations (which are violent) I’m effectively on gardening leave. Estimated to only be one week to allow police investigation however last time was six months.
Time to break out the season pass?
Might as well make good use of your time while you can! Really sucks that you're basically on gardening leave when you've done nothing wrong, though.

No trips to Alton towers for me at the moment. I've got an overactive thyriod. So I'm on heart meds. Can't go until I get this under control

Ok, this is going to be difficult to write.
So I currently have anxiety problems, these have been on and off for a while but I haven't felt comfortable with talking about them on here. As well as causing me real life stress, particularly with exams, it has caused me stress here on TowersStreet, when people write 'blunt' comments or joke about a post that I thought made sense but didn't in the real world. To be clear I am not annoyed at people who do that and I do not wish to upset or offend people who do that but I would be grateful if people could just quietly message me if I say something stupid rather than leave a blunt message. In the past I would delete my comment if this happened out of embarrassment but now that isn't an option. When thinking about writing this I have thought about whether it would be beneficial for me to take a break from TowersStreet however there are definitely some really good things I am getting from it e.g. the pub quizzes, the discussion when it goes well for me and I have made lots of friends on here so I would like to continue on here.

So I currently have anxiety problems, these have been on and off for a while but I haven't felt comfortable with talking about them on here. As well as causing me real life stress, particularly with exams, it has caused me stress here on TowersStreet, when people write 'blunt' comments or joke about a post that I thought made sense but didn't in the real world. To be clear I am not annoyed at people who do that and I do not wish to upset or offend people who do that but I would be grateful if people could just quietly message me if I say something stupid rather than leave a blunt message. In the past I would delete my comment if this happened out of embarrassment but now that isn't an option. When thinking about writing this I have thought about whether it would be beneficial for me to take a break from TowersStreet however there are definitely some really good things I am getting from it e.g. the pub quizzes, the discussion when it goes well for me and I have made lots of friends on here so I would like to continue on here.

I appreciate your honesty @Thameslink Rail, I know from Discord when you've said you've struggled with exams etc in the past.

On the forum front, ultimately this is a public discussion forum, and what is posted publicly should be responded to publicly rather than having members resorting to messaging each-other privately. Discussion can be lively, and some of the main elements that make discussion interesting is differing views. A reply disagreeing with what you've said is not necessarily an indication of any sort of offence that you've caused, merely they are disagreeing with some of the points you've made. It doesn't mean they think what you've said is stupid either, and it's important you don't take that personally. Of course humour is very subjective, and many can be quite blunt or sarcastic on the forum. Again no one is intending to offend you, it's just their own sense of humour that's different to others.

I understand that may make you wish to remove your posts on occasion, however doing so when people have already responded to it is unfair on those who have already taken time to read your thoughts and construct replies. It also makes reading the forums very difficult for others, and the levels on which this was happening in recent months has increased to the point where we have had no choice but to remove the feature. Think of posting on the forum as a conversation in the real world - you can't remove what you've said in an in-person discussion as people have already heard it, so it should not be the case on the forum. Don't forget, we still have an edit button to allow you to make minor corrections to spelling etc, and of course as in a real conversation you're welcome to add further responses to explain the points you're making if you don't feel they have come across well in the first place. If you feel any responses to your posts are inappropriate, select the report button and a member of the team will review it.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having anxiety problems. Exams can be stressful in the best of times, but we are not in normal times, especially with the uncertainly of the world current pandemic.

With regards to this forum, I'm guilty of saying it as it is as well as many tonged in cheek post which often get taken seriously. However I never try and be little anyone or directly aim my post at anyone on here, with the exception of those that troll my posts and only then do I end up in a spat on here. There are a small handful of members on here (and it is always the same few members) that will go through my posts with a fine toothcomb and will quote something minor like a figure of speech and blow it up into something major (hence why I have my tongue in cheek signature ;)). I do have a very small black list of forum members from this site that I now completely ignore. I can happily confirm that you @Thameslink Rail are not on my black list :).

Everyone is entitle to their opinion and a good healthy debate is about discussing a debate from all angles and looking at both sides of the arguments. But we all should respect each other opinions even if we don't all agree, but we should shouldn't belittle other peoples post which often happens on here. I've had plenty of my post on here belittled despite being 100% right and having the evidence in black and white, one debate I can remember is the copyright spat I had on here regarding the IMA Score. It was in black and white on the CD cover who owned the copyright. I also been in the entertainment business for over 35 yrs (yes I did give up travelling and doing the Illusion work in the mid 1990's, but I still carried on entertaining professionally locally and making a success of it until I gave it up to look after Jess just over a decade ago). I know that with the copyright law is that the copyright belong to the company that films or records and this is a universal law that applies equally to most of the countries in this world. But yet I was very much belittled on this and ganged up against on this forum. Most of my opinions on here are based on my first hand experience and not just merely on my opinion. There have also been some people making bold claims on here which are complete BS.

I know when I post something on here, it is like entering a gladiator arena, I know that someone will nit-pick through my post and quote something completely irrelevant to the discussion. I have myself questioned about being a member on here because of the nit-picking and in some cases bullying not just to myself but towards other members.

As for having a senses of humour and posting jokes or tonged in cheek post, sarcasm, sometimes you do need to have a laugh which is needed to lighten the situation, however there are certain topics and responding to certain post where humour is probably not a good option.

As lockdown has started easing, it has hit me that my life will change in no way. I live in Buxton but have no friends here. People said to me go to bars or the gym and you'll strike up conversations with people. It just doesn't happen. It makes me feel so lonely knowing this is sort of my life. I work from home and will continue to as my company has decided to ask the dev team to stay remote.

I just don't want to spend my life sitting inside waiting for something to happen, but I have no idea how to get out and make friends