The I Feel Down Topic.

Discussion in 'Corner Coffee' started by Adam, 13th Jun 2012.

1. GaryH

GaryH TowersStreet Member

sorry for your loss, I can totally relate as my grandmother passed in August this year. Very strange to not hear from them again and the whole Covid situation didn’t help with saying goodbye. She got to 96, had a good life And dementia got her in the end, not Covid thankfully. Take care

2. The Cardinal

The Cardinal TowersStreet Member

I've had a really rough few days tbh. Yesterday I was coming back from the shop to find my Mum on the floor having a seizure, it's the first time this has ever happened. My girlfriend has epilepsy so I've dealt with it plenty of times but it really hit me seeing someone else I love have to go through with it. We phoned the hospital and the paramedics were fantastic, really helped calm things down. Since then she's been in hospital and they found out there's been in a growth on her brain, they're still looking into whether it's cancerous or not. She's still in hospital now and it's not looking likely she'll be back til Monday at the earliest. It's really caused a depressing mood in the house and with it being lockdown I can't get away from it whatever I do. It's just terrifying especially with the unknown and whatever I do it's in the back of my mind. Just gotta hope for the best I suppose but it sucks when your mind keeps going to the worst case scenario. Thanks for reading this, I just had to vent somewhere.

3. RoyJess

RoyJess TowersStreet Member

I'm so sorry to hear @The Cardinal, I wish you Mum better soon. It's been a sh*t year for all, the last thing you need is the worry of your mum's health. I hope things get better for you soon

The Cardinal likes this.
  4. The Cardinal

The Cardinal TowersStreet Member

Thank you @RoyJess it's definitely been a year I wouldn't revisit. Thankfully we found out today it's not cancerous which is a massive relief. Just gonna be a long road waiting for other information unfortunately.

RoyJess and Rojo like this.
  5. RoyJess

RoyJess TowersStreet Member

At least that is great news and a massive relief for you. I keep my fingers cross that it is nothing serious and can be easily treated without complications. I'm so pleased for you :)

The Cardinal likes this.
  6. Thameslink Rail

Thameslink Rail TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The Smiler
    Ugh! Another theme park fine and another coming in the new year, It's so depressing being a theme park enthusiast in the UK!
    (Sorry if my post in the Lightwater Valley thread isn't very empathetic, I'm struggling to find the right words)

7. Matt N

Matt N TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    I know this is a minor hindrance in comparison to what many others in this thread post about, so I apologise if this comes across disrespectful to those with bigger issues, but I have to admit that the whole current UK COVID situation is stressing me out, and has been ever since I broke up for Christmas. In particular, I’m starting to really stress about the prospect of school closures; I know that the current closures are only scheduled to be a week long, but with the increasing backlash from the unions and scientists, I’m beginning to fear that it’s going to end up being quite a bit longer. With me being due to sit A Levels in June, the prospect of another extended period of distance learning terrifies me, I’ll admit. Even though I did do plenty of work, I already feel like the period in the first lockdown set me back quite considerably, and even though I’ve been trying to do plenty of revision and past paper questions, I don’t feel at all prepared to sit my exams in the summer.

It’s also the whole uncertainty and the whole emotional rollercoaster factor of the entire situation that really gets to me; one minute it’s “everything’s brilliant” and then the next, it’s “everything’s dreadful”. Such rapid fluctuation in emotions really messes with my head, I’ll admit.

Sorry for the long rant, and sorry if I’ve been a little difficult with any of you recently (especially in the coronavirus threads), but that’s just honestly how I feel at the moment.

Skyscraper likes this.
  8. Thameslink Rail

Favourite Ride:
    The Smiler
    I was about to write pretty much what you just wrote! Let's face it: life sucks currently, all we can do is ride it out because at some point the restrictions will go and you can go back to Towers having graduated from school and you will be free for a summer. If you (or any other TS member for that matter) are struggling and just want a chat, please DM me.

Skyscraper and Matt N like this.
  9. Burbs

Burbs TowersStreet Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Untamed, Walibi Holland
    Matt, you seem like a very sensible and intelligent person, and despite the amount of optimism that anyone has, it's really difficult to hold onto it for so long in the situation we find ourselves in, and for that you can only be applauded. The whole uncertainty of everything that's going on is also getting to me and I share your concerns. I'm in my 3rd and final year of my dream HE course, and with everything looking like it was going so well in early December with the news of the vaccine and all, it's taken a very sharp and sudden turn for the worst. The to-ing and fro-ing of what tier we were in, and what that meant for my course going forward, has been really difficult too, and we currently have very little idea on when we'll be returning to in-person teaching - a vital aspect to my degree.

Having read your posts in the past Matt, I remember you saying that you already have an unconditional offer at one of your top university options, so that's really great news, and I'd take this as a way for you to relax slightly, and accept what comes in the world of your last year of further education as it comes. There's nothing you can do about it, but at least you know that you've got a great HE course lined up in September.

As Thameslink says, my PM is always open should you wish to have a chat. :)

10. Matt N

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    Thanks both; I do really appreciate it.

Thameslink Rail, Skyscraper and Burbs like this.
  11. Skyscraper

Skyscraper TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    Stay strong @Matt N, we'll all get through this eventually. I've been supporting a friend over text/WhatsApp during lockdown, my DMs are also open if you ever need to chat. :)

Matt N likes this.
  12. MattyH

MattyH TowersStreet Member

On the basketball court inside the Matterhorn
    Favourite Ride:
    It's a small world
    If Matt N looses all optimism the world will truly end. Stay in there guys you can get through this.

Burbs, rob666, Skyscraper and 2 others like this.
  13. Thameslink Rail

Favourite Ride:
    The Smiler
    I hope that Boris' announcement has put your mind at rest

Matt N likes this.
  14. Matt N

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    I think it has to a degree, for sure. Some clarity on that issue feels very nice.

Now I’m only wondering how they’re going to assess us; will they revert to teacher assessment like they did in 2020, or will they do something different?

15. Skyscraper

Skyscraper TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    Sounds like exams are cancelled this year as well. I feel sorry for all the hard working students. :(

16. Pleasure Beach Valhalla

Pleasure Beach Valhalla TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    Cancelled officially! I don't know how to feel tbh but i've heard the teachers are giving assessed grades instead! I'll still have to work hard for these 'exams' but i'm finding it hard to cope with all the remote learning atm, specially as it's a lot of time on a screen and the connection stresses me out as well! I must say i feel pretty annoyed bout the announcement of not going back till Feb 22nd it's a long time off but i just feel down as it's been in and out of school for the last few months!

Skyscraper likes this.
  17. pluk

pluk TowersStreet Member

I've put on 7lb over Christmas (and birthday right on top of it). What a fat knacker. Got to make some changes.

18. rob666

rob666 TowersStreet Member

You are gonna have to give up swapping the price tickets on the donut boxes mate.

19. pluk

pluk TowersStreet Member

Krispy Kremes. They're like crack.

The real cause is delicious delicious beer.

20. Poisson

Poisson TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The Giant Squid
    Just crashed my car, probably written it off. 2021 can already go suck one.