• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Down Topic.

My wife has just found out she has breast cancer.

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

As if thing could not get any worse. The mother in law (wifes mum) has be Diagnosed with terminal pancreas, liver, bowel and lung cancer.

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

Oh God, I'm so sorry with all these horrible things happening with you. My thoughts are with you and I, along with many, will be saying the same thing that we're all there for you. :cry:

I know this is comparatively minor compared to the other things in this thread, but I’m starting uni tomorrow, and I’ll admit I’m getting really anxious. I’m just so nervous about making a good first impression and generally about what university has in store for me…

I know I’m by no means the only one starting university tomorrow, but I just kind of wanted to get it off my chest a bit.

I know this is comparatively minor compared to the other things in this thread, but I’m starting uni tomorrow, and I’ll admit I’m getting really anxious. I’m just so nervous about making a good first impression and generally about what university has in store for me…

I know I’m by no means the only one starting university tomorrow, but I just kind of wanted to get it off my chest a bit.
Matt this is perfectly normal. I was really excited all through summer to go off to uni but the night before there's always those thoughts going through your head. I'm sure you'll have a fab time though and you'll settle in well. As you say, you're not the only new person and if you just be yourself you should have no problems making friends. :)

You'll be perfectly fine. Just be you don't try to change yourself to make a good impression as you shouldn't need to. You'll make plenty of friends very quickly as everyone there is an adult now. You won't have bullying or anything like that to deal with.

Starting new things is never easy, and from personal experience, being autistic can complicate things. It's completely understandable that you're feeling like this, Matt - I know I was when I started uni ten years ago. Thankfully, I managed to settle in fairly well after some tears before my parents left me at my accommodation, and my flatmates were pretty good at helping me out when needed. Virtually everyone else is going to be nervous to a degree as well, and I'm sure you'll be fine once you've met a few people. :)

OK, I'm not comfortable talking about this as I have been keeping this secret for a few years since about 2015/16 and I'm afraid to say that I have been suffering from various moods of anxiety depending on the situation. I feel its slowly starting to affect me more, especially with this damn pandemic which even though they say things are slowly returning, the negative part of me is saying some thing really horrible is about to strike.

I do blame the information overload from social media, as well as all the horrible bile you'll find there, but also how everyone I seem to know for some reason all seemed to radicalised to a political cause, nothing against their views but they have to act like a bunch of unhinged football hooligans which up here can be a right state and I that has put me off politics and in this country that's perhaps no surprise; even now I don't want to talk about politics on here because I just cannot trust anyone it seems. And the less said about Covid the better, though I wonder with hindsight with all the polarized politics, equality arguments and how to prevent global warming that have been building up, it seems that it was all nothing more than one huge powdered keg and that the pandemic was pretty much the match that blew things up. Being autistic that I am, I do have the tendency to overthink things which only end up making things worse.

I've done what I've can to get away from social media and much of what the news on both TV and the newspapers says which is nothing but utterly depressing garbage which I will not be surprised if they play an unintended role in the suicide of so many young people, with that I'm somewhat behind on all current affairs in the world and given how God awful things are that is for the best, not the best idea I'll admit but there is little I can do. I've even tried to exercise either physically and mentally to improve my mood yet I seem unable to shake off this anxiety. You'll notice I have not been on TS a lot these days and it is nothing against anyone, I just get the general vibe of the negativity that can happen on how fans react to the park's current state and if I can at least cut out TS for the short term then I can try and get my mindset on something different

All seriousness, I'm just worried that my anxiety might get worst unless I can find good advice or help unless someone on here can have something to say. Bit hard for me to say this but I do need to let this out for all to hear about my long running predicament.

OK, I'm not comfortable talking about this as I have been keeping this secret for a few years since about 2015/16 and I'm afraid to say that I have been suffering from various moods of anxiety depending on the situation. I feel its slowly starting to affect me more, especially with this damn pandemic which even though they say things are slowly returning, the negative part of me is saying some thing really horrible is about to strike.

I do blame the information overload from social media, as well as all the horrible bile you'll find there, but also how everyone I seem to know for some reason all seemed to radicalised to a political cause, nothing against their views but they have to act like a bunch of unhinged football hooligans which up here can be a right state and I that has put me off politics and in this country that's perhaps no surprise; even now I don't want to talk about politics on here because I just cannot trust anyone it seems. And the less said about Covid the better, though I wonder with hindsight with all the polarized politics, equality arguments and how to prevent global warming that have been building up, it seems that it was all nothing more than one huge powdered keg and that the pandemic was pretty much the match that blew things up. Being autistic that I am, I do have the tendency to overthink things which only end up making things worse.

I've done what I've can to get away from social media and much of what the news on both TV and the newspapers says which is nothing but utterly depressing garbage which I will not be surprised if they play an unintended role in the suicide of so many young people, with that I'm somewhat behind on all current affairs in the world and given how God awful things are that is for the best, not the best idea I'll admit but there is little I can do. I've even tried to exercise either physically and mentally to improve my mood yet I seem unable to shake off this anxiety. You'll notice I have not been on TS a lot these days and it is nothing against anyone, I just get the general vibe of the negativity that can happen on how fans react to the park's current state and if I can at least cut out TS for the short term then I can try and get my mindset on something different

All seriousness, I'm just worried that my anxiety might get worst unless I can find good advice or help unless someone on here can have something to say. Bit hard for me to say this but I do need to let this out for all to hear about my long running predicament.
Sorry to hear that mate. Anxiety UK may be able to help you;

https://www.anxietyuk.org.uk/

Hearing Raab in the commons today talking about how wages are rising while everyone in the public sector (bar NHS) is on a freeze is vomit inducing.

Staff on their knees and rewarded with nothing.

Why bother?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

I'm really sorry to hear that you're struggling with this. I've suffered with Generalised Anxiety Disorder on and off throughout my adult life and it is not fun.

Removing yourself from negative spaces that fuel your anxiety, be it social media or the newspapers, is a good place to start. There's no shame in not being 'well-informed' if doing so would be bad for your mental health. I don't watch the news in depth any more, just skim-read the headlines on the BBC News website. Most of it is just waffle anyway.

I'd really encourage you to speak to your GP for help with managing your anxiety - perhaps an anti-anxiety medication in combination with some form of talking therapy - if you've not tried those already.

When you feel able to, absorb yourself in things that you find comfort in and help you to switch off; it could be anything - going for a walk, or a favourite old book or TV show you've enjoyed. Don't put yourself under too much pressure to, for example, begin a new exercise regime - anything goal-based is usually best avoided. Be kind to yourself and don't expect too much.

I've had a rough 24 hours. I've realised I'm in a financial hole (£100-to-last-me-four-weeks-kinda-hole), and have had to take steps rather quickly to prevent it from getting any worse. I've also got ideas for how to cut spending even further. It's given me stress to the point where my stomach's feeling bad, but that's calmed down. Also, the automatic door at petrol decided to break this evening (wouldn't shut properly), so I logged it following consultation with the colleague I was on with and our manager. We were told someone would be out within two hours, as I'd emphasised that it was trade critical and we couldn't secure the site. Four hours later (and nearly an hour after we'd closed), no sign of anyone. Played around with the door settings again, and...It had somehow fixed itself. Contacted the duty manager (different to ours, who had gone home by this point) to update on the situation, and we were able to secure the petrol station & head over the road. Went to cancel the job, and...Turns out they hadn't even assigned anyone to it. So much for 'someone will be out within two hours,' eh?

Double-post from me once again. Feels weird to be posting in here after the superb start to the week, but needs must. Dad took a phone call from someone earlier to say that his mum had died. She'd been in a nursing home for a while suffering with dementia, and when my parents saw her a couple of years back, she was quite bad then. It's perhaps something of a relief that she's now passed, what with everything that the pandemic's done. I know that sounds a bit weird, but I guess it's kinda true. You're probably wondering why I'm even mentioning this. Well, she (Helen) was someone who attended the same church as us when we lived in Cinderford in Gloucestershire up until 1999 (we left when I was 6, and my brothers 7 and 4). She helped to look after us a couple of Saturdays a month, whether it be going for a walk around bits of the Forest like Beechenhurst, going to her house if the weather was bad, or taking a trip to Perrygrove Railway or the Dean Forest Railway. I have many fond memories of the time we spent with her, and I've spent the evening looking through our old photo albums to find any photos we may have with her. What's perhaps quite weird is that a week or two back, I looked through my own albums to try and find anything I could, but sadly had no success. To be honest, it was partially an excuse to go back through my past. :p Managed to locate the right album in the end, which was given to us when we left the Forest by Helen and her good friend Audrey, containing a number of postcards from the area and photos of trips we took together. The Dean Forest Railway was somewhere I was often quite fond of, and I guess that it - along with watching Thomas the Tank Engine, of course - is probably what started off my love of trains.

Helen, may you rest in peace. It was such a pleasure to know you when we were growing up, and I'll always be thankful for everything you did to help look after myself and my brothers. You'll be sorely missed.

Double-post from me once again. Feels weird to be posting in here after the superb start to the week, but needs must. Dad took a phone call from someone earlier to say that his mum had died. She'd been in a nursing home for a while suffering with dementia, and when my parents saw her a couple of years back, she was quite bad then. It's perhaps something of a relief that she's now passed, what with everything that the pandemic's done. I know that sounds a bit weird, but I guess it's kinda true. You're probably wondering why I'm even mentioning this. Well, she (Helen) was someone who attended the same church as us when we lived in Cinderford in Gloucestershire up until 1999 (we left when I was 6, and my brothers 7 and 4). She helped to look after us a couple of Saturdays a month, whether it be going for a walk around bits of the Forest like Beechenhurst, going to her house if the weather was bad, or taking a trip to Perrygrove Railway or the Dean Forest Railway. I have many fond memories of the time we spent with her, and I've spent the evening looking through our old photo albums to find any photos we may have with her. What's perhaps quite weird is that a week or two back, I looked through my own albums to try and find anything I could, but sadly had no success. To be honest, it was partially an excuse to go back through my past. :p Managed to locate the right album in the end, which was given to us when we left the Forest by Helen and her good friend Audrey, containing a number of postcards from the area and photos of trips we took together. The Dean Forest Railway was somewhere I was often quite fond of, and I guess that it - along with watching Thomas the Tank Engine, of course - is probably what started off my love of trains.

Helen, may you rest in peace. It was such a pleasure to know you when we were growing up, and I'll always be thankful for everything you did to help look after myself and my brothers. You'll be sorely missed.
I'm so sorry for your loss @Jonathan

I’m so sorry for your loss @Jonathan; I’m always here if you need to talk.

On a side note, many of the things you say that you and Helen did together bought back many fond memories of my own; being born and raised in the Forest of Dean myself, I visited all those places a fair amount as a child, and I still visit Beechenhurst now!

I’m so sorry for your loss @Jonathan; I’m always here if you need to talk.

On a side note, many of the things you say that you and Helen did together bought back many fond memories of my own; being born and raised in the Forest of Dean myself, I visited all those places a fair amount as a child, and I still visit Beechenhurst now!
I've been meaning to go back to the Forest for ages, actually. I know I left when I was quite young, but I loved it there, and have enjoyed returning every so often.

I've been meaning to go back to the Forest for ages, actually. I know I left when I was quite young, but I loved it there, and have enjoyed returning every so often.

That's a lovely tribute Jonathan, I'm sorry you've lost someone that was important to you.

Funnily enough, I visited the Forest of Dean just last weekend and had a lovely autumnal walk around Cannop Ponds. We even got held back for the steam train to pass in front of us on the way there. It's a special place.

Sorry to hear that Jonathan. May she rest in peace.