The I Feel Down Topic.

Discussion in 'Corner Coffee' started by Adam, 13th Jun 2012.

1. Jb85

Jb85 TowersStreet Member

Ah thanks @JAperson - very much appreciated. Back at you my friend and anyone out there - always ready to listen if you need it.
    I’ll be fine - just needed a mental break
    Edit - sorry @Matt N and @Thameslink Rail / didn’t read your messages before I replied. Appreciate the words of support from you guys as well

2. QTXAdsy

QTXAdsy TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Black Hole
    Echo the same about DM's too, though it might be also might be needed for myself too for some support.

Jb85 and Skyscraper like this.
  3. Skyscraper

Skyscraper TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    My DM's are also open for both of you. :)

QTXAdsy likes this.
  4. Thameslink Rail

Thameslink Rail TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The Smiler
    Ok, here is my current workload

Uni work due 17th December
    1000 words analysing a job description
    2000 words analysing my learning style
    Project on Pickit microcontroller in Assembly language

Salvation Army work
    Adding children to the toy appeal database as required (currently on 577 children expecting to go over 1000)
    Carolling (about 6 hours per weekend)

I am currently quite stressed out.

Heidi, JAperson and Skyscraper like this.
  5. JAperson

JAperson TowersStreet Member

I'm sure you've got this @Thameslink Rail your an incredibly smart guy and I'm sure you'll manage with the charity work. Remember to take breaks too though as it's no good for you to be going non-stop.

6. JAperson

As some of you may know I recently had my braces off which of course i was very pleased about and it felt great. Well this afternoon I had my retainers given to me and told to wear them full-time for two weeks apart from eating and drinking. At first I didn't think this would be a problem as I didn't think they'd hurt. The bottom retainer if perfectly fine but the top one hurts quite a bit. I'm going to have to wear it as the orthodontist knew it was hurting and just told me to keep wearing it. Not much sleep for me tonight then, although apparently it should be alright tomorrow.
    I know this wasn't really a big issue but just wanted to moan about it somewhere.

Heidi likes this.
  7. Heidi

Heidi TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Wicker Man
    Feeling absolutely overloaded with uni work atm and just spending so many days totally miserable. My workload is very intense since I haven't balanced my modules over the semesters, and they're so much harder this year and when I've asked for 1 to 1 help I was essentially laughed at by my tutor. The stress of living in a dirty horrible student house has started to get to me, and the only things I seem to be enjoying anymore is going out, which is draining my bank and also definitely not helping me in the long run, and seeing my boyfriend, who goes to uni in a different city so that hardly happens. Tried to receive support from the uni but it's just an absolute shambles and I feel like they're not taking my issues seriously. Without going into detail my mental health is just awful and I'm still getting the 'have you tried a cup of tea and a hot shower' level of advice. Plus I feel like people don't appreciate the stress of going to uni and having a job, people my age in uni but unemployed don't know the stress of trying to balance it, and older people seem quite belittling. I've barely sorted any christmas presents, and I'd like to do some drawings as gifts because I can draw but I have no motivation to draw these days and I doubt by now I'll have time. Just feeling so overwhelmed and in need of a rant. Once my work is submitted in Jan I think I'll feel much better, especially since I have less modules next term, but for now I'm really struggling.

Jb85, Skyscraper and JAperson like this.
  8. JAperson

Oh that's so sorry to hear @Heidi I really hope you can recover. If you ever need someone to talk to my DM's are always open.

Heidi and Skyscraper like this.
  9. Matt N

Matt N TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    Sorry to hear that @Heidi; hope you get better soon, and the same as what @JAperson said above also applies to me. I’m always happy to listen if you need to talk.
    (The same goes for you @Thameslink Rail; I apologise for seemingly missing your post about your huge workload last Friday…)

10. Skyscraper

Skyscraper TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    Sorry to hear that Heidi, my DMs are also open if you ever need to chat. :)

Heidi likes this.
  11. Heidi

Favourite Ride:
    Wicker Man
    Thank you for the support everyone, seeing your responses in such a short time is really reassuring. My DMs are also open to anyone who ever needs a chat

JAperson and Skyscraper like this.
  12. Jb85

Jb85 TowersStreet Member

hey mate hope you feel better soon

JAperson likes this.
  13. JAperson

Oh thanks @Jb85 , it's much better now. Retainers are an awkward thing. As I've got to wear them full time at the moment, every time I want to eat or drink I have to take them out. Glad in a few weeks I'll only have to wear them at night which should be fine. Both top and bottom are fine now although putting the top one in is still quite uncomfortable for some reason.

Jb85 likes this.
  14. Jb85

Jb85 TowersStreet Member

@Heidi hope things get better soon. Please do DM me - even if it’s just to rant. :)

Skyscraper and Heidi like this.
  15. Thameslink Rail

Favourite Ride:
    The Smiler
    Suggestion - would people be interested in having a students DM group or something?

JAperson likes this.
  16. Heidi

Favourite Ride:
    Wicker Man
    Oh definitely, is it possible to make groups on here? I don't use DMs on here very often to be fair

JAperson likes this.
  17. Thameslink Rail

Favourite Ride:
    The Smiler
    You can have up to ten people on a DM group

18. JAperson

Skyscraper likes this.
  19. Matt N

Matt N TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    I know it's minor, but after the complete mess I just made in the Coronavirus thread, I'm feeling very frustrated with myself and I feel like everyone hates me... sometimes, I really don't like the way I'm wired. I sometimes wish I was more like the rest of you so that people would like me more. I'm sorry if I've ever annoyed you, and I don't mean to come across stubborn, confrontational or frustrating.

I really wish I was better at thinking before posting these things sometimes...

Heidi and Thameslink Rail like this.
  20. Thameslink Rail

Favourite Ride:
    The Smiler
    I will be honest with you and say I have made a mess in lots of threads (as many people reading this will remember) and there are many posts I wish I could delete.

Skyscraper, JAperson and Matt N like this.