• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Down Topic.

Really sad day, me and my girlfriend have split. According to her, I did nothing wrong and I won't go into too much detail for privacy sake and how it is quite complicated other than five years together just sadly ended. :cry: She was to come to Alton Towers with me for July and now that is not going to happen and now I'm figuring out just what to do. Hasn't really sunk all in.
Sorry to hear that @QTXAdsy; I'm always here if you need a chat.

Really sad day, me and my girlfriend have split. According to her, I did nothing wrong and I won't go into too much detail for privacy sake and how it is quite complicated other than five years together just sadly ended. :cry: She was to come to Alton Towers with me for July and now that is not going to happen and now I'm figuring out just what to do. Hasn't really sunk all in.
I’m so sorry to hear that, such a shame.

Sorry to hear that mate, my DMs are also open if you ever need to chat. My sister broke up with her bf the other day, was her decision and he did nothing wrong.

I'm sorry to hear that. 5 years is a long time.

Sorry to hear that @QTXAdsy; I'm always here if you need a chat.

I’m so sorry to hear that, such a shame.

That's really awful news. Can't imagine how you're feeling

Sorry to hear that mate, my DMs are also open if you ever need to chat. My sister broke up with her bf the other day, was her decision and he did nothing wrong.

Thank you all for your kind messages. I'm still trying to figure what to do now though I'm not really the one to start a conversation regarding DMs so if you want to speak to me privately feel free to start the conversation first.

I was hoping I wouldn’t have to type this for a long time in the future, but… my Nan has just lost a 3 year battle with bowel cancer.

I can’t say it was unexpected, but that hasn’t made it any easier…

I was hoping I wouldn’t have to type this for a long time in the future, but… my Nan has just lost a 3 year battle with bowel cancer.

I'm so sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you. :(

I'm so sorry for you and your family Matt, I lost my grandad last year so I know how it feels to loose a grandparent who you've grown up knowing. My PMs are always open if you want someone to talk to. Look after yourself Matt.

I'm so sorry for you and your family Matt, I lost my grandad last year so I know how it feels to loose a grandparent who you've grown up knowing. My PMs are always open if you want someone to talk to. Look after yourself Matt.
Thank you @JAperson; I appreciate the support.

I think it's time for me to be a bit more honest with you all. My mental health's going down the pan, and I think it has been since February of this year. 😢 I just didn't properly realise until a week or two back. I don't wish to state the root cause in public at this stage, but am happy to do so via PM if anyone's interested to know. I should've done this a long time ago for other reasons (you all know what I'm on about here), but I've got an appointment booked with my GP for a couple of weeks' time, where I'm hopeful we'll be able to start getting something sorted so I can get my mental health back on track.

Part of me wonders if I just subconsciously wanted to power on through and hope it'd get better of its own accord, or by my usual tactic of talking it out to friends (apologies in particular to @Ted :p ). As valuable as things like that are to me, I'm at the point where I've had to admit that for the first time in my life, I need professional help. I don't know how long it'll take until I'm better again, which is unsettling, but I know this is something I can't put a timeframe on.

I think it's time for me to be a bit more honest with you all. My mental health's going down the pan, and I think it has been since February of this year. 😢 I just didn't properly realise until a week or two back. I don't wish to state the root cause in public at this stage, but am happy to do so via PM if anyone's interested to know. I should've done this a long time ago for other reasons (you all know what I'm on about here), but I've got an appointment booked with my GP for a couple of weeks' time, where I'm hopeful we'll be able to start getting something sorted so I can get my mental health back on track.

Part of me wonders if I just subconsciously wanted to power on through and hope it'd get better of its own accord, or by my usual tactic of talking it out to friends (apologies in particular to @Ted :p ). As valuable as things like that are to me, I'm at the point where I've had to admit that for the first time in my life, I need professional help. I don't know how long it'll take until I'm better again, which is unsettling, but I know this is something I can't put a timeframe on.
Sorry to hear that @Jonathan; my PMs are always open if you need someone to talk to.

I’m always here mate, look after yourself, you know my DMs are always open.

I failed my (one of my many) driving test this week, and for this one I'm especially bummed. I'm sure that anyone here who has failed a driving test knows the absolute crushing feeling failing gives you, but this one hit especially hard for me as I was so, so sure I'd pass, and I had so many plans in anticipation for it. One of which is that I had planned to finally get a merlin pass, as I could finally drive myself to AT as often and whenever I wanted, and attend meets, and have my own freedom as an enthusiast. My family, and quite a lot of my friends, have no knowledge, or at least not a huge depth of understanding, of how much being an enthusiast or AT means to me, and being able to drive would have meant that that wouldn't matter; I would have the freedom to satisfy my interests on my own, without having to explain this hobby to anyone who wouldn't understand it. And now again I just feel so so far away once again from being able to do that. It's so incredibly frustrating. I feel, and I know, out of so many people here, I have such a very limited knowledge of coasters, and theme parks, and manufacturers, etc, but that aside, AT truly is my happy place and where I want to be as often as I possibly can, and I felt to close to having that opportunity to be there whenever I wanted, without having to explain the 'weird' attachment I have to it, and now, again, it feels so far away, and I just feel so, so let down. I was so hopeful, and so confident, and now I'm genuinely so heartbroken that the plans I had are now so much further away