• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Down Topic.

Sad news that I have kept quiet about though since Tuesday, but I have unfortunately caught covid and have been isolating for all of this week.

Really sucks as I with all that's going on regarding current events in Ukraine, it all hasn't helped my mood, its just really terrible luck TBH. :(

Sad news that I have kept quiet about though since Tuesday, but I have unfortunately caught covid and have been isolating for all of this week.

Really sucks as I with all that's going on regarding current events in Ukraine, it all hasn't helped my mood, its just really terrible luck TBH. :(
Oh, I’m sorry to hear that @QTXAdsy; hope you’re doing OK symptoms-wise.

Sorry to hear that mate, hope you feel better soon!

Oh, I’m sorry to hear that @QTXAdsy; hope you’re doing OK symptoms-wise.

Sorry to hear that mate, hope you feel better soon!

Thank you for your support, apart from a rather infrequent cough that I can't tell if is either covid or a cold, I'm doing OK though as I'm having to isolate with my parents who both have it (and sadly being away from my GF who is thankfully negative) though my Dad seems to have the cough the worst and has taken an unhealthy interest in the whole Ukraine thing which doesn't do good for my mood and I can't wait to get out sooner than later.

Yeah, it's not been my week sadly.

I'm sorry to hear that mate, hope you feel better soon. Take care and look after yourself, you'll be out of isolation in no time.

@Matt N - apologies Matt. It was a flippant comment on my behalf. What I was trying to say was in response to your question about all the bombing in WW1 and WW2 in that it wouldn’t be anything like that. A global world would probably be a quick exchange between countries, of which we could do nothing, and as such is of no point worrying about it. Putin knows of MAD and has as much to lose as everyone else, so I certainly wouldn’t be concerned about any bombs falling from the skies.

Again, apologies I should have put more consideration into my reply to you.

@Matt N - apologies Matt. It was a flippant comment on my behalf. What I was trying to say was in response to your question about all the bombing in WW1 and WW2 in that it wouldn’t be anything like that. A global world would probably be a quick exchange between countries, of which we could do nothing, and as such is of no point worrying about it. Putin knows of MAD and has as much to lose as everyone else, so I certainly wouldn’t be concerned about any bombs falling from the skies.

Again, apologies I should have put more consideration into my reply to you.
Don’t worry, that’s quite all right; even though the prospect of nuclear war doesn’t exactly fill me with joy, I very much understood and appreciated your original sentiment!

Here’s hoping that it never progresses far enough that we even need to be pondering nuclear warfare…

Fake theme park on twitter is ending after 11 years

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

My birthday is in exactly a week (March 13th) but doesn't feel like it. I'll probably only get a few cards but that doesn't bother me. Can't think of any presents I'd want and there's no time now anyway. I'm just not motivated atm as I'm feeling down. :pensive:

My birthday is in exactly a week (March 13th) but doesn't feel like it. I'll probably only get a few cards but that doesn't bother me. Can't think of any presents I'd want and there's no time now anyway. I'm just not motivated atm as I'm feeling down. :pensive:
That's a shame to hear mate but at least you have a week for your mood to pick up! I'm sure you will end up with a couple prezzies and surprises are always better anyways!

That's a shame to hear mate but at least you have a week for your mood to pick up! I'm sure you will end up with a couple prezzies and surprises are always better anyways!
Thanks Heidi, yeah at least I've got a week. I really do need to try and cheer up lol.

Doesn't help that the week after I've got to go four hours down South for an aunt's birthday meal which I'm really anxious about.
They've chosen a really fancy restaurant with very limited food choices. 😰

My dad passed away this weekend. It was sudden & doesn’t feel real & Also in the same week found out my partner cheated on me. Life is sh**
OH @Matt878787 I'm so sorry to hear this, I'm really sorry for your loss. It sucks that your partner has been cheating on you, it's such awful behaviour. Your a great poster on here and I hope you can work everything out.
Although we've never spoken in DM they are always open if you need someone to talk to.

OH @Matt878787 I'm so sorry to hear this, I'm really sorry for your loss. It sucks that your partner has been cheating on you, it's such awful behaviour. Your a great poster on here and I hope you can work everything out.
Although we've never spoken in DM they are always open if you need someone to talk to.
Thanks @JAperson i appreciate the kind words

Thanks @Matt N. I’ve resisted saying anything on social media because I find the whole baring all thing quite uncomfortable and cringe worthy when I see others do it, so it’s good to get it off my chest on this type of platform where it’s more anonymous.

Well, this week has been a pretty sad one for me personally. Yesterday, a work colleague of mine who for the last year was suffering from cancer and bedridden at a hospital for the last few weeks passed away yesterday morning at just the age of 65. TBH we all did feel this would happen sooner than later but it happened so sudden that even we were all taken aback.

Lost a good man but that wasn't the only shock loss I've felt this week. I didn't find this out until today but this Tuesday a girl that my friend is close to and knows well on the convention circuit and done many a cosplay has, unbeknown to many, been suffering with breast cancer over the last year that sadly proved to be of a extremely type that ultimately saw her pass away. I won't give away details for personal sake but she was on 27 years old and that is utterly heartbreaking for someone so young. 😥

I really don't know what to say, we all know cancer being horrific but to have two deaths of this in among those I know about has shaken me and it really hasn't quite all sunk in of how soon they've been.

RIP you two and rest easy. 😢😞

Last night, my Church Council met to discuss a number of things, chief of which was whether or not to permit same-sex marriages on its premises (plus services of blessing for same-sex couple who are already married). I'm not even a member of the church, let alone on the CC, so had no voting rights, but non-members are still allowed to attend. Unfortunately, by a vote of 18-1, it was decided that the vote on SSM was to not be put at this point, with it to be reviewed no later than April 2025. I'm quite frustrated by this, as is the minister, and neither of us expected it to be such a landslide. It just means another three years of waiting for a decision, though it can of course be reviewed before April 2025. It's been delayed enough already (admittedly due to COVID), and now it's happening again. I would rather have had a decision last night so we know where the church stands, but at least it's not a flat 'No'. I was also informed by the minister that some of the feedback she received prior to the meeting was quite vile. I hadn't seen any of the feedback, on account of not being on the CC, but my minister didn't want me to see it, on account of the fact it could've been too distressing for me to read. I quite understand that. I would also question the amount of influence that MET (Methodist Evangelicals Together) has had over the whole thing.

By the time it comes to review the decision again, who knows what's going to happen? Hopefully, views will become more amenable to the idea of SSM, and the church won't be quite as divided on the issue as it is at the moment. Plus there's every chance that I'll be on the CC by that point, so can actually have some more positive influence.