• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Down Topic.

One of my housemates got a puppy the other day. It's a husky/wolf mix (though more husky than wolf). It's certainly a cute puppy, but God is it annoying! It's constantly howling, and it's probably the most horrible sound I've ever heard a dog make. It also goes to the toilet all over the house. But what makes it worse is that the owner isn't doing much to train it. All he ever does is play with it, and has yet to scold it for being naughty because he thinks it's cruel. Huskys are apparently hard dogs to train, and the only dogs he's ever had are little spaniels (which his dad trained anyway) so I think he's completely out of his depth.

I'm moving out of the house in October to move to London, it honestly can't come soon enough! I love dogs, but untrained puppies are a nightmare to live with.

Am a bit emotionally fragile at the moment anyway, but got up this morning and had a quick peek at Facebook. Big mistake. My news feed is just full of smug 'my life is so wonderful' statuses...yes I am happy that my friends' lives are all heading in the right direction, towards their happy endings, but it just serves to hit home how my life seems to be doing exactly the opposite. Every time I get close to my life heading in the direction I want it to go, somone/something somewhere drops a great big road block in my way and I have to turn back. Unfortunately, the thing that is upsetting me the most (I won't go into details here) is the one thing that I have absolutely no control over, so have no power to change things for the better. Randomly crying whilst driving to work so not a good look :'(

Ho hum...life goes on and we just have to get on with it I suppose. Big virtual hugs out there to all who need one, I know I certainly do this morning.

Count me in for a big bucket of "blarg" lately. Lack of work is really starting to frack me off.
I do have a job lined up over the Olympics though... 23 x 11 hour days on the trot! It's going to kill me. But I need the money. Can't bloody win.

Uni results have been released early (they were scheduled to be released from Monday 25th June, but they chose today to do so for some reason), and the portal isn't working properly. All the other pages on MyExeter are working fine apart from the one page that's needed to be able to access results. All I want to know is whether I've passed or failed my first year (I'm hoping that it's the former). I'm close to marching over to the Law Office and demanding that I get my results without having to go online - I'm really annoyed. Some students have been trying to get their results for several hours now and haven't had any luck at all. The system's apparently down, and could take anything from eight hours to a week to fix. Really not what I need.

I WANT MY RESULTS NOW!!! :(

Just... Ugh. I hate arguments.

[/vaguepostbutnotattentionseeking]

I'd trade my soul for a wish :-(

I'm confused, and slightly disorientated. Not quite sure what's going on right now, but I do know running away isn't helping.

T said:
I'd trade my soul for a wish :-(
pennies and dimes for a kiss?

Chin up :) Never run away from problems, they'll only get worse - stick whatever is troubling you out and you'll feel much better.

This is for Satch and Simon.
Satch, when you're feeling down, just look into the best mirror of your soul..... Simon's eyes.

270966_227043380657617_149296375098985_865675_4263975_n.jpg

DiogoJ42 said:
Count me in for a big bucket of "blarg" lately. Lack of work is really starting to frack me off.
I do have a job lined up over the Olympics though... 23 x 11 hour days on the trot! It's going to kill me. But I need the money. Can't bloody win.
I like to think that life is shit, but that from shit we get flowers. The art is having the patience to wait for the flowers.
Being-happy-doesnt-mean-that-everything-is-perfect.jpg

I don't believe in luck, but I do hope that work picks up for you and gives you the satisfaction that you deserve.

Right - One of my mates, who I have considered to be one of my life long friends, has started to do stuff without me and sort of do it in secret and with other people. I always ask if he wants to wants to do stuff, and he always agrees. But when he does stuff, which he damn well knew that I'd love to do, he doesn't ask me or even tell me that he's doing it. He keeps it a secret and does it with other people.

I really wouldn't be bothered if he just told me he was doing it, what bothers me is that he keeps it from me.

I feel really lost right now and confused...

:(

A close family friend died suddenly last night, so everyone is rather shocked and sad, proves how tenuous life really is.

Also, my best friend has gone into hospital for a major operation which has a risk of paralysis, so I've got my fingers crossed for her. Even after the op there's going to be a lot of physio and treatment to get back to normal.

*hug*
I hope your best friend's operation go ok, and has the best outcome possible.

*hugs Vicky* Hope your friend's operation goes well and sorry to hear about your lost

Thank you all very much for the support, I really appreciate it.

-returns the hugs-

Kinda questioning my skills in all areas of my life as I always strive to be the best at what ever I turn my hand to, it's the competitive nature in me. But at the minute I've just got two huge learning curves in the last week and I'm starting to think am I really good enough for either of these challenges? These challenges being a new relationship and a new job.