• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Down Topic.

Simon said:
Didn't get the job. Another escape door slams in my face.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Look at my response to Satch's post. The same seams apropriat for you. :)

That's honestly sad to hear Simon, the same goes for Satch's earlier post. You're both trying your hardest to get somewhere and I know you'll both get that happiness in a career you love :) Badger dear speaks truth!

Natalie said:
Kinda questioning my skills in all areas of my life as I always strive to be the best at what ever I turn my hand to, it's the competitive nature in me. But at the minute I've just got two huge learning curves in the last week and I'm starting to think am I really good enough for either of these challenges? These challenges being a new relationship and a new job.

Woe there Natalie. You've made some really important changes in your life, and all in quick succession. Take some time to let the world catch up. You're bound to feel discomboobilated, anyone would. Take things slowly, find your feet and enjoy the journey.

Vicki said:
I'm about to graduate, in a subject where it's going to be very hard for me to work (film/tv production) because I can't drive.

Not through choice mind, my eyesight isn't good enough. I can operate a camera no problem, but I just can't drive, and it seems that even in London, all entry level jobs, even in post production, want you to be able to drive :(

I'm really into photography, and I'm good at that too, but again, same issue.

I've got a freelance editing job starting in September, running til May, for around 5-8 hours work a week (from home) but that's only £50 a week, for 25 weeks, so after that, and during, I need another plan.

I dunno, I just feel disheartened by the whole media industry thing, and don't know what other jobs I'd be good at, and enjoy.

I know the feeling exactly. My problem is that I'm not located anywhere near London, and that seems to be the only place that much work is. I need to be getting regular work to be able to afford to move down there though and I'm only really getting bits and bobs here and there. It's a wholly depressing industry for new starters.

badger said:
This is for Satch and Simon.
Satch, when you're feeling down, just look into the best mirror of your soul..... Simon's eyes.

270966_227043380657617_149296375098985_865675_4263975_n.jpg

Only just seen this post after the weekend, but thank you :D

I may have some better news to share soon, fingers crossed. Need to overcome the anxiety issues first though

Still struggling to sort my weight issues :( Which is knocking my confidence a bit. Still also struggling to get a job, but that might change soon, hopefully.

Oh, and a so-called close mate who I shall call X decided to start going off with someone who I used to be friends with, who I shall call Y. Would be fine, but that friendship with Y ended in a rather spectacular, but very childish on Y's part, way, with X present, and X telling me Y wasn't worth my time or energy.

I found this out, through Facebook of all things. Not happy, so now both X and Y are deleted, blocked, and out of my life. X has also started the trick that Y did before that friendship ended, of simply ignoring all texts, Facebook messages etc.

If anyone understands that, I'll be amazed, but basically that's 2 close friends I've managed to lose in the space of a year. I think it must be me...

Charlee said:
I have to spend my next 4 English lessons writing an essay about how ambition is portrayed in Macbeth, KILL ME.

Oddly, I did a similar essay earlier in the year. Just involve Lady MacBeth guilt tripping Macbeth into doing it and stuff with pressure. I wish you luck!

Stevie your comment seems to ignored and I feeling very sorry for you in this moment of time. Its a shame your friend has started to block you out of his life and I know you've been having problems identifying your sexual preferance, could it be that whats bugging him? (Please don't take this in a offensive manner.) I personaly hate it when people start talking about sexual orientation, I also am very confused in this moment in time with building freindships and trying to discover my sexuality.I'm not sure if im straight,gay or Bi-curious? huh :mad: :(

Joseph said:
Stevie your comment seems to ignored and I feeling very sorry for you in this moment of time. Its a shame your friend has started to block you out of his life and I know you've been having problems identifying your sexual preferance, could it be that whats bugging him? (Please don't take this in a offensive manner.) I personaly hate it when people start talking about sexual orientation, I also am very confused in this moment in time with building freindships and trying to discover my sexuality.I'm not sure if im straight,gay or Bi-curious? huh :mad: :(

Thanks Joseph.. It's not my sexual confusion, because he knows nothing about it. I'm just really distraught right now, because we used to be so close, and now I just feel so paranoid and I can't seem to trust anybody. It seems to me now, everyone is just trying to stab me in the back, with any chance they get.. :(

Might it be worth confronting your friend over this to find out the reasons why? Once you find out then you can see about rescuing that friendship or leaving it and moving on. I won't speculate over what they may have stopped being close to you for but working up the courage to speak about your upset towards that situation could make them realise that this is a problem you both need to make the effort to tie up, not just leave you to deal with the emotional stress.

Also, those worrying about sexuality, like...don't.

Please don't feel the need to ever crowbar something as fluid and personal as emotion into solid categories set by other people, just be yourself, and maybe one day you'll be in a position where you can confidently define yourself in a certain way, but that should never come before just being happy with yourself and your emotions, and not trying to suppress feelings for something as petty as gender. :)

I've resisted posting on here in the past as I never like to be negative, but everytime I log onto Facebook i'm grinding myself down over the 2:1s and 1:1s I see each day it seems.

Whilst I am happy for those that pass with flying colours, unfortunately I've failed my second year at university due to a groupwork module where I only obtained 37 marks, with the pass mark required being 40. I'm totally gutted as I was seemingly the person to put the most effort uinto it according to our peer assessments, and then still failed.

I really enjoy marketing though, so I am determined not to give up.

Have come to the realization it might soon be time to say goodbye to our beloved 12 year old golden retriever. I see how he is day to day and I don't think I can bear to see him suffer much longer.

But at the same time there's a (selfish) part of me that doesn't want to lose him because it'd be so upsetting :'( :(

Adam said:
Whilst I am happy for those that pass with flying colours, unfortunately I've failed my second year at university due to a groupwork module where I only obtained 37 marks, with the pass mark required being 40.
Is it definitely beyond redemption?

At my Uni, 40% was the pass mark, but anything 30-40% was called a 'soft fail'. Each student was entitled to one set of compensation credits (can't remember whether it was one a year, or one overall...), which could be used on a soft-failed module. The module would still count as being failed on your transcript, and the 30-40% would still go towards your overall average, but you'd get credits for the module and be able to progress to the next year. I certainly soft-failed a module, and got comp. credits, and went on to complete my degree.

No idea how unique that was to my Uni, though I would expect other universities to have something in place, especially for a group work module. It's worth talking to your Tutor, Head of Department, Dean of Students and even your Students' Union, though, just to make absolutely sure that there's definitely no other option there for you.

I have been back into such a depressed state tonight. Broke down crying twice. I feel like the whole world is against me, and is trying to trip me up and stab me in the back. I have nothing to look forward to. Nobody to turn to, for comfort.

I'm so friggin' sick of feeling like this, especially when I though it was over...