• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Down Topic.

Sam, massive love from me. I can totally relate to being terrified of the phone but I have to say I feel like the Samaritans will be more effective that way than via email, I found their replies a bit generic a few years ago when I got to the point of emailing them...

Always here for you, though, as I think you should know all of us are :)

Massive cuddles to you too Vicki, breakups suck, like, a lot, but it's good that it hasn't ended all badly, don't feel bad if you need some time away from each other though!

Dave said:
The Samaritans are trained at working with people who maybe ring up not knowing exactly what to say and you dont need to be thinking of suicide to talk to them. Simply if your feeling acutely down and having serious negative thoughts thats the time to call. They will just chat to you.

I've used the Samaritans hotline in the past. They are basically there to just listen to anything you have to say. It's not so much a conversation. But it really does help. I recommend giving them a call whenever you feel depressed. They are real people and they do seem to genuinely care.

Ok Sam, i really feel the need to reply to some of the points in your last posting.

I'm just destined to be unhappy.
I had the same thought when the black dog was having a good munch on my happiness.

I feel guilty spamming up this thread with my trivial patheticness.
talking about your feelings is not trivial or pathetic. cognitive voice therapy is a well used treatment.

I'm sorry. My problems are nothing compared to what you must be going through delta79.
what you are going though is something, to try and play top trumps on what difference people are going though does not work as the situation each person is in, is important to them.

my comment was to make you think about getting help.

I'm sorry for making this topic so petty when other people have genuine problems.
Mental health issues are not petty and is a genuine problem, I know that this comment probably come from the depression.

so take care of yourself. and to everyone reading this, mental health is important please look after yours.

Hello,

I created a second account, because I don't feel like using my normal one to post this one message.

Although this sounds all melodramatic, I don't like explaining my problems in detail to anyone and usually I belittle them and come across as fine and dandy, I tend to cling on to the happy things in life so whenever I'm with friends, I don't feel nearly as depressed or down, so never want to talk about it..

I tend to even talk to myself at times, going over previous conversations in my memory figuring out what I could said to express these emotions, or how I could of made my life better by asking this or that.

I've never wanted to admit to being depressed, even with this fake account I'm finding it difficult to say because I feel as if I'm handling this problem to dramatic. I don't think my family knows about how I feel, I doubt my friends really pick up on it. I've never really told any one and have just kept it behind closed bars, I've attempted explain why I've been feeling down every know and again, but as said above I don't go in to detail and belittle how I really feel, I realised how down I feel today when I came to the conclusion, I don't want to wake up, I would rather sleep most days of the week, so I can only wake up for the small points in my life when I can enjoy myself and push the feelings of depression back temporarily.

My self-esteem is so low. I feel like my very close friend must tire of my presence, get annoyed by my presence and at times hate my presence, I don't think I've got any reason to think so, I just assume, I have developed feelings for said friend which makes all the above exaggerated, and am afraid to tell them how I really feel, I feel as if she can do much better, and deserves the best, I'm not interested in looking at other relationships just in case they have a slight feeling for me, not that I feel like I could get in a relationship easily.

I've had a couple of deaths in the family this last year, which is making my fear that anyone close to me (more specifically the close friend above) will die, I'm not sure how I will be able to cope if anything happens to them.

I don't know where I'm going in my life, I have a rough goal but the motivation is fading the more and more I feel like this.

The methods I use to make myself feel better, to relieve tension seem to work less and less every time I attempt them and while I try to diagnose the specific things that make me feel this way, I can never get it right.

I do sometimes feel as Sam says "destined to be unhappy" I will often hate myself. I wish my personality would change, I wish I could change. Simple things, like the ability to express my feelings, the ability to talk to people about how I feel, the ability to tell my friend how I feel about them. I can't seem to do it, I feel pathetic. I know this is impossible but I wish I could start everything all over again, I can then feel like I can avoid all the stupid mistakes I've made.

Although I sometimes hate myself, I've never thought about suicide as an option, nor something I would want to do, so don't worry about that.

I'm unsure how much this fake account malarkey will work by making me feel better, but it's worth a shot.

I know team members could probably find out who I am and fake/double accounts are usually discouraged, but I would prefer if I stayed anonymous if that's not to much to ask. I will most likely never use this account ever again after this.

Unknown, I am not bothered about the anon account, I am just glad you are talking about this.

have you talked to your GP about these feelings/depression? as there is things that can be done to help.
Counselling is a good way of getting to the underlying feeling that make you feel down. I did think that it would not work when it was first suggested to me, but now i know it works.

Chemical intervention (antidepressants) is another way of dealing with it. some time this works great, other times its flip all use. I personally use this as a short term stepping stone to aid with the first couple of counselling sessions.

I've had a couple of deaths in the family this last year, which is making my fear that anyone close to me (more specifically the close friend above) will die

I think just that little bit alone you could do with getting assistants with your thoughts and feelings. no one with die just for being your friend, and this fear is treatable.

My advice to you, go see your GP over this. they have access to resources that can help you.

I double-dosed on my anti-depressants last night because I accidentally missed one the night before.

I wish I hadn't. I feel pinned to my chair with tiredness. I've got stuff to do today but can't find the energy even to get up and walk to another room. It's like, I want to do stuff, but I literally can't force my body to move. That was stupid.

oh dear Sam. I think most popular antidepressant that gives that side affect when double dosed is Citalopram. well it did when I made that mistake when taking it.

according to my big book of medicines (BMA guide to meds & drug Edition 6) action for missed dose for Citalopram is
Take as soon as you remember. If your next dose is due within 8 hours, take single dose now and skip the next.

And it say an occasional unintentional double dose is unlikely cause for concern, but any large doses or repeated double dosing then the doctor need to be informed.

if this is your medication i hope this info will be useful for the next time you miss a dose. and i hope the side affect wear off soon.

And don't double dose, and remember the 8 hour gap.

I need a hand to hold :(

Might be losing our beloved golden retriever tonight :( Don't want to say any more, I'm nearly in tears already :(

Vicki said:

Might be losing our beloved golden retriever tonight :( Don't want to say any more, I'm nearly in tears already :(

*holds hand*

Vicki, I'm so sorry to hear that, you must be going through some pain right now. :(

Vicki said:

I'm sorry to hear that I had to have my dog put down 3 weeks ago and it's horrible you just need to think what's better for your dog, it's worse seeing them suffering.
Hope your alright :(

I really do send my thoughts to you.

Dogs are family xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Golden retrievers are the loveliest dogs in the world. I've had two, and they are brilliant animals.

Very sorry for your loss :( x

Well, the good news is, he's still with us :)

We think it might be the medication he's just started for arthritis, because he's oh so slowly perking up and trying to move about more.

We'll see how he is in the morning and go from there.

Agree, they're like family.

Can't sleep. Can't feel fully awake. Gone off food completely. Have no motivation to do work. I don't know what is wrong with me at the moment :(

Dog is back at the vets today as he was no better this morning.

They're running tests, and going to keep him overnight.

Hopefully he'll then be OK :)

I thought I felt better for the last few days. Maybe the effects of the drugs finally kicking in. But it's such a hollow happiness. It's like the high of ecstasy. It's just a glorified sugar rush. It's not real happiness. It's just a giddy thrill. Then you realise that it's all built on sand, and everything inside is still empty. And you come crashing down, like the Hindenburg. I don't want to trivialise my unhappiness, that I've had since I was 12. But different things to be unhappy about come and go, but there'll always be something that it focuses upon. It's quite pathetic, but at the moment it's simply about really really liking someone who's with somebody else. There's no going back. I can't stop feeling now.