• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Down Topic.

Thank you for the replies.

NastyPasty that was a really nice comment on not blaming myself. The first member of the ambulance service that turned up as a paramedic I have known for years. (He taught me at St John for years) They did their hardest to help him. and at the end, he said to me "you where spot on with the CPR"

Bear I did what I had to do, I have been a first aid trained since I was 13 (im 33 now). 15 years in St John 10 of them as ambulance crew level. I don't think of myself as courageous, just doing what i am trained to do.

There is one thing I will say, Take heed of the British heart foundation's Adverts for CPR. or do a CPR or First aid course. You never know when you could be the difference between life and death.

I'm so sorry to hear that Delta. My deepest condolences and sympathies are with you right now.

That was an incredibly hard and brave thing for you to do and you should take comfort in knowing you did all you could to help. We're all here for you man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

delta79 said:
I had to do CPR this afternoon, It was not successful. If the downer of trying your hardest and them not surviving was not bad enough.

It was my dad I was doing CPR on.

So you will excuse me if i am a bit quiet on the board for a couple of days.

Wow Delta, I am sorry to hear that. I hope you and your family are coping as best you can. Well done for knowing CPR and doing it. It must be scary doing it on someone you don't know let alone your own dad. It has made me think at work tonight that I really should do a first aid course. I will have to look into it. I think there might be a few members here thinking about doing a first aid course.

I send my best wishes to you and your family and as others have said and offered already I am just a PM away if you need to talk.

I feel for you Delta, Loosing a loved one is never easy, well done though for doing CPR, you tried your absolute best.

Sam, as mentioned earlier in this topic and in the first post, you really need to direct these sorts of feelings to an outlet more equipped to deal with them:

Whilst this thread is here to get things off your chest or to seek some wise words of encouragement and maybe some advice, sometimes people need a little more support than some wise words, particularly if you feel that you are having thoughts of harm or suicide.

We would strongly encourage you to speak to a support group who you can remain anonymous to and are trained to help with the most difficult or even trivial of life moments, thoughts of harm or suicide, and emotional stress and trauma.

Charities such as The Samaritans are often referred to in life and dismissed by many, but really are an amazing support channel who can help you through lifes bumps, no matter how big or small.

Of course, for all of the other bumps in the road, you'll find many people in this topic with open ears and some wise words to help.

Thank you.

Sam Do yourself a favour. pick up the phone and ring 08457 90 90 90 and talk to The Samaritans.

I have already seen the last gasps of life this week, I don't want to think I am seeing another here.

when you say that stuff, think RING HELP and DO IT. We really care about you, and are worried about you.

PLEASE For you own sake talk to them. PLEASE!!

There is no shame in Getting help, trust me, there is not. I am getting support for doing CPR on my own dad. Look I just posted it on a public forum, so there is no shame at all.

So For god sake Please pick up the phone and call them.

For all our disagreements, Sam, even I don't want to see you top yourself mate.

Stupid little things keep me going. I think deep down inside, I don't really want to die. So I invent absurd excuses to keep going. "I can't die without knowing if the new ride at Towers is any good or not." "What if Kraftwerk release a new album and I never hear it?"

I will try talking to the Samaritans, but I don't really know what to say to them. I'm currently taking treatment for depression, it's not like I'm not doing anything about it. I can't really think of what to say to them, but I'll try it, thanks. :)

The Samaritans are trained at working with people who maybe ring up not knowing exactly what to say and you dont need to be thinking of suicide to talk to them. Simply if your feeling acutely down and having serious negative thoughts thats the time to call. They will just chat to you.

You need to keep up with the anti-depressent therapies been offered to you to, there is no miracle cure to depression and all treatments take quite a lot of time.

I split with my boyfriend yesterday :( After just over a year

On the plus side, we've decided to stay friends :)

But I don't have the same feelings for him I once did, and it's mad to stay in a relationship you're not happy in. Hard decision to make, and telling him wasn't fun :(

Sam said:
Stupid little things keep me going. I think deep down inside, I don't really want to die. So I invent absurd excuses to keep going. "I can't die without knowing if the new ride at Towers is any good or not." "What if Kraftwerk release a new album and I never hear it?"

I will try talking to the Samaritans, but I don't really know what to say to them. I'm currently taking treatment for depression, it's not like I'm not doing anything about it. I can't really think of what to say to them, but I'll try it, thanks. :)

To add to this Sam, when I feel down I always say to myself that I've always got something to look forward too. And the same applies to you as well! Also think about how all your friends and families would feel if you took your own life? they would be really saddened as you're a great guy. As others have mentioned, have a chat to the Samaritans, they're really friendly and give great advice!

=)

Vicki, that must of been really hard for you to do. but if it got to the point of being a loveless relationship it probably for the best.

Sam, Have you talked to the doctor treating you for depression about these suicidal thoughts? and when you get them just think, if you act on them there will be this corner of the internet will be crying for you.

you may feel down, you may feel unloved, but you are one of the muched loved member of the forum.

Yeah, I've mentioned to the doctor about my suicidal thoughts. I tell them every time I go, but there isn't much more they can do than try various treatments, none of which work. I'm just destined to be unhappy.

I didn't ring up the Samaritans because I'm scared of the phone, but I e-mailed them and have had a reply already, and replied again.

I feel guilty spamming up this thread with my trivial patheticness. I'm sorry. My problems are nothing compared to what you must be going through delta79. I'm sorry for making this topic so petty when other people have genuine problems. *hugs*

If it's the little things that keep you going, then by all means cling to them. There will always be a new coaster somewhere that you need to know if it is any good.

Sam said:
Yeah, I've mentioned to the doctor about my suicidal thoughts. I tell them every time I go, but there isn't much more they can do than try various treatments, none of which work. I'm just destined to be unhappy.

I didn't ring up the Samaritans because I'm scared of the phone, but I e-mailed them and have had a reply already, and replied again.

I feel guilty spamming up this thread with my trivial patheticness. I'm sorry. My problems are nothing compared to what you must be going through delta79. I'm sorry for making this topic so petty when other people have genuine problems. *hugs*

It's not petty your more than welcome to post your worries we just want to make sure your getting the right help.