• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Down Topic.

Last night I couldn't sleep due to an awful stomach ache. It got progressively worse over the night, and as a result I didn't get much sleep. When I woke I felt awful, but decided to go into work anyway as I didn't want to take time off.

Being in work made me feel even worse. I had to spend the morning following up on things I had asked some of my colleagues to do over the weekend as they were urgent and I wasn't there to do them. But naturally, they couldn't be bothered so I had to do it. I felt like I was going to be sick, but nothing was coming up. The pain in my stomach got worse and worse, and eventually I collapsed in pain in the bathroom.

Someone went to get the first aider, whilst another girl literally stepped over me (for she was a bitch). An ambulance was called, and I was given laughing gas to help with the pain. When I got into the hospital I had to have loads of tests. But during one of these I got a call from my agency telling me Monsoon had decided to let me go....due to 'poor performance'. They neglected to tell the agency that I was in hospital, and just said I had been 'sent home'. To say I'm disgusted with them is an understatement, as I worked really hard at that place and got no recognition, only for them to lie about their reasons for ditching me.

Today has been pretty damn terrible. So I'm watching Les Misérables, as I feel pretty misérable myself.

AshleeKel said:
Last night I couldn't sleep due to an awful stomach ache. It got progressively worse over the night, and as a result I didn't get much sleep. When I woke I felt awful, but decided to go into work anyway as I didn't want to take time off.

Being in work made me feel even worse. I had to spend the morning following up on things I had asked some of my colleagues to do over the weekend as they were urgent and I wasn't there to do them. But naturally, they couldn't be bothered so I had to do it. I felt like I was going to be sick, but nothing was coming up. The pain in my stomach got worse and worse, and eventually I collapsed in pain in the bathroom.

Someone went to get the first aider, whilst another girl literally stepped over me (for she was a bitch). An ambulance was called, and I was given laughing gas to help with the pain. When I got into the hospital I had to have loads of tests. But during one of these I got a call from my agency telling me Monsoon had decided to let me go....due to 'poor performance'. They neglected to tell the agency that I was in hospital, and just said I had been 'sent home'. To say I'm disgusted with them is an understatement, as I worked really hard at that place and got no recognition, only for them to lie about their reasons for ditching me.

Today has been pretty damn terrible. So I'm watching Les Misérables, as I feel pretty misérable myself.

You can get compensation for unfair dismissal! I remember reading up on it for some strange reason a while back. This could also possibly get you your job back if you were treated so unfairly as I'm pretty sure that you don't 'slack off' at work! ;)

The only thing this thread ever confirms to me, is way too many nice people, get waaaaaaaaay too much crap.

Not in a position to give anyone advice right now, but I just hope you all feel better soon!

As I was a temp I believe they could get rid of me for any reason they wish. But I'm speaking with the agency tomorrow and will take it from there, as I'm disgusted that they got rid of me unfairly whilst tarnishing my good name in the process.

Being recently in the temp box myself, they are allowed to treat temps like second class citizens next to perms, I only got a week's notice on both my temp jobs... But it sounds like I was lucky, sorry to hear about that horrible dismissal, hopefully you can find a better job soon.

What was the cause of the stomach ache? It sounded rather serious.

Jesus. My dad just had a mini stroke at 6:35 this morning. His face just went slack towards the left, he couldn't speak properly. He could only limp around. It was lucky he fell or I wouldn't have woken up to phone the ambulance.... I am really scared as he is diabetic like my grandma. She had a stroke 7 years ago and went into a coma for a few weeks. She survived though.... I am now keeping a close eye on what he eats ect. I have a feeling it was to do with his blood sugar and blood pressure. It was extremely high when the ambulance people took the reading. 190/184 or something like that... No matter how evil and horrible he is. All the bad memories he has given me. We had fun times at AT ect. He is still my dad and if he were to become a vegetable or worse I would just be devastated... :'( I am so scared right now. I feel like I have grown up too fast with all the past problems I have had to deal with. I have been robbed of my childhood by other factors other than this now. Im 13 and I feel like I have been through what a 35 year old would have been through in their lifetime... :/

Really sorry to hear that.

If you don't mind me asking, how is he?

Fredward said:
Being recently in the temp box myself, they are allowed to treat temps like second class citizens next to perms, I only got a week's notice on both my temp jobs... But it sounds like I was lucky, sorry to hear about that horrible dismissal, hopefully you can find a better job soon.

What was the cause of the stomach ache? It sounded rather serious.

Not sure of the cause, still in pain though :(

Wow Alee, I'm really sorry to hear about your Dad :( Hope you and your family are okay.

Alee, what a intense morning you had. Seeing a stroke is a scary thing if you are not used to it. From your post, i get the feeling it is just you and your dad at home. If this is the case, have you got anyone you can talk to. any major event like this happening to you parents will take there toll on their children, trust me I have been there, with a major event with both my parents.

Also if it just you and your dad at home, you have to think about what is best for both of you. As if this has a long term affect on him, he will need some level of care.

You must be careful that you don't lose yourself in caring for him. and find the time to be a teenager.

I hope the affects of the stroke are minimal for your dad. and take care of yourself.

I've had two great weekends recently - celebrating Eurovision with some amazing people, and then Muse at the Emirates on the Sunday just gone. This weekend is set to be good as well - two friends of mine are getting married on Saturday. However, for some reason tonight, I've become scared as to how I'll cope. I'm not 100% sure as to why this is, but I think it could be a combination of me being single and gay, and not knowing how my parents will react when they find out the truth. They need to know the truth, but I just can't face telling them. Knowing my luck, it'll probably all come out (excuse the pun) in some form of argument about something. I'm struggling, and I don't know how much longer I can go on. :/

Out of interest, why do you think your folks are going to hate you for it? Have they obviously shown homophobic tendency's or are you just assuming they will dislike you for it because they are Christian.

Not all Christians are homophobes, in fact many are tolerant and loving people, isn't making the assumption that they are homophobic discrimination in it self?

Ive been finding out how to put this since your last post, you mentioned ever since you discovered your gay you don't feel Christian or don't feel comfortable at church... Or something along those lines. (sorry if that's wrong trying to remember from memory) you can be gay and be a Christian.

Sorry if this appears as if its having a go at you, I'm not. Just pointing out not everyone is as intolerable towards people as one might believe.

your father is a reverend and a true Christian would love and accept their kin, not dismiss them due to their sexuality. When you are ready to give them the news and if he is being intolerable, just remind him that.

:)

Hope you and your father are ok. What a scary thing to witness.

Like everyone said, make sure you speak to people you are not alone. And try to see what is available, you have your life too and people are here to help you both through thos together.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

DiogoJ42 said:
Hmmm, your friend's wedding may not be the best time to tell your folks, you know. ;)
It may not be, but I've just got a feeling that they'll somehow find out at the wedding.

Matt - in our youth group in the past, they've tried to teach us that homosexuality is unnatural. Well, my dad has, but from what I remember, Mum had minimal involvement in that for some reason, despite being the official leader of the group. Furthermore, to complicate matters a bit, Dad's brother-in-law's sister is a lesbian. Mum seems to get on fine with her whenever she's down from Manchester, but Dad never seems to want to talk to her. I think Dad's more of an issue than Mum, but I can't tell one parent and not the other!

EDIT: Oh, and there's the issue of Dad not wanting anything to do with the previous CofE vicar in the village because he was apparently gay, and Dad also spoke at the Methodist Conference in 2005, urging the church to retain the traditional view on human sexuality.

Alee I hope you are OK mate first off!

Jonathan said:
EDIT: Oh, and there's the issue of Dad not wanting anything to do with the previous CofE vicar in the village because he was apparently gay, and Dad also spoke at the Methodist Conference in 2005, urging the church to retain the traditional view on human sexuality.

Jon, ouch. Although not religious personally, my Great Grandfather was a Methodist lay preacher, & my family has had much to do with different churches, so I find that disturbing, as the more elderly members of my family closer to that side of things, have absolutely no prejudice at all.

I fear some people allow their personal feelings and prejudices to infiltrate their duties as spiritual and thought leaders.

I would not rush into this Jon. Take your time, and perhaps if you have another family member you feel you can confide in that may help (although that in itself can cause problems later!)

Do not make a rash judgment though, or take action from desperation, that seldom works well. Consult with yourself in a calm measured fashion because that is how you are going to have to deal with this.

One thing to remember sometimes, these are OUR life choices, not anyone else's, and there are things I do in life that not many people understand and rather than try to get them to, I simply get on with my duty quietly and accept that is my reality. It isn't always fair to expect others to understand. As long as you are comfortable with yourself, allow time and the right opportunity to broach the subject to come along.

Just because someone else may not show the same compassion in return (understanding your sexuality) does not mean, that you cannot show it first by awaiting the appropriate moment to act or begin discussions.

Calm, measured, introspection required Jon.

Good luck mate :)

Well I now have to be extremly quiet and careful. I have my little sisters here ATM, them being loud is the last thing he needs as the doctor said, being quiet and him getting rest is the most important for the first week after the stroke... I is annoying having to tell them to shut up every few minutes

Sorry about all this, Alee. Stay strong and if there's anything that the community can offer, do let us know.