• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Down Topic.

Just been struggling a lot recently. Went to visit my birth mum and nan over the holiday period. I only got to visit for less than a week after not seeing her for nearly a year. This is because my dad is such a control freak, I miss my mum a lot.
Although I may sound like a small child, I find my dad a horrible person. He has cheated on her, my step mum and then his girlfriend, now he is taking it out on me.
Constantly shouting at me and expecting me to keep things clean and tidy whilst he sits at home doing nothing as my step mum used to tidy a lot. Then Im expected to go to school after waking up at 6, although that isn't too early. Then have to go through the boot camp they call school. Its emotionally and physically draining. They say "stick and stone may break my bones, but words will never hurt me" That isn't true at all! Words leave a physiological effect which just makes me feel worthless. Only good thing about school is sport, I get to row which I enjoy, except when the cox steers us towards a weir. Closest I've come to death. It is not fun. Then getting home at 6:30 doing homework which is important and bed at 9 :(
Sorry for sounding like a self pitying mug, but I needed to rant.
I have a slight consolation. It appears I have talent at sculpting after a recent lesson in art! :D

Just anxiety. And all it's related problems. Can't even be bothered to organise my thoughts onto the page, which kinda tells me just how rubbish I'm feeling.

On the plus side, it's nice to see that nobody else has posted in here for a while. Maybe that means that TSTers in general are happy :)

Feeling utterly diabolical. Just need the season to start and to be in full-time employment again, so I've got something to do with my life and don't have to sit around getting fat and thinking about things that make me sad.

Basically just need ice cream, alcohol, and a hug.

Urgh stress is not nice. :( At least choosing my GCSE options are out of the way! :)

GAGrathea said:
Feeling utterly diabolical. Just need the season to start and to be in full-time employment again, so I've got something to do with my life and don't have to sit around getting fat and thinking about things that make me sad.

Basically just need ice cream, alcohol, and a hug.

*Passes a glass of wine and a hug*

This may sound like a petty issue, one that (in theory) can be easily solved but it's really getting me down.
I struggle with my weight, have done for as long as I can remember, and about 10 years ago I lost about 3 stone to bring me to the weight I am now. For anyone who struggles with weight, you will know that it is a constant daily battle to keep it off once lost. I am generally pretty good and control my eating with various techniques from fad diets to fat clubs to good old willpower.
Every so often I have major blips which tend to last for a few weeks, where I seem to lose all control and just binge eat to ridiculous proportions. I am currently in one of those blips, and I am really struggling. I am gaining weight, my skin is awful and I'm feeling miserable and irritable. I know the easy answer is to just stop eating, but it is a form of addiction which I need to break again, which is much easier said than done.
I am going to New Zealand at Easter as a family holiday to visit my sister who lives there. We have our own issues with each other (which I'm not going to go into now!) but I really wanted to feel confident with myself both for coping with her and appearing in photos next to her (she is very thin). At the moment I can't see this happening.
I know solving this problem is all down to me and I need to get my arse into gear and my head in the right place, but I just wanted to vent. Thanks for letting me :/

I'm in a similar situation and I know how difficult it can be. You know you need to stop munching, but you know...one more can't possibly hurt can it? In my case, I don't stop eating and try to offset it by exercising more.

I've found that having a goal definitely helps, and not a goal weight but a goal thing. In your case your trip to New Zealand.

I've also found that walking everywhere possible is the cheats way to get exercise! I walk 4 miles each day to get to and from university and then an extra 2/3 to get to the shops. I can't afford a car so it's a bit of no brainer and it's certainly helping.

Not sure how warranted/wanted this reply was, but I'm sure you can get there. :)

Because Europa insisted on not having seatbelts on the trains to speed up throughput, the German H&S guys said the minimum locking point of the restraint had to be a couple of clicks tighter than normal. All us larger folk got worried that we wouldn't fit in. Many people dieted (I didn't), but it turned out to be fine in the end.

Hate to seeing forum members I love being sad about being single :(

As for myself, I have loved getting to know people here, and making friends. But certain people still don't accept me as part of the community. :'(

I'm still panicking about my weight and body image. I know it's really starting to get to me more so than ever before. It's been over 18months of treatment and I feel like I have gotten nowhere! I also feel like I'm losing a lot of friends and people who care.

An example of this is my boss and his wife have been there for me all the way, but now I feel like they think I have given up all effort in this process.

Another this that is getting me down and bothers me hugely is my lack if English skills. I sucked at this all though school I write things and I don't know where punctuation goes or what is the correct version of a word.

I feel so crap, uneducated, FAT & lonely :(

Russ. Spelling and punctuation is a problem a lot of people have, so I wouldn't worry. I spell things wrong all the time, but so long as I know what I mean, its no major issue. As for the way you look, there is nothing wrong with the way you look. I know you probably don't see it when you look in a mirror, but trust me you are actually a good looking guy (wait that sounded more flirty than intended). As for people giving up on you, we are all here and we wont give up. We are always here to listen!

As for those who say they are single, I have been single since 2003! 10 years without a proper boyfriend!!! Seriously though, Im not actually that fussed. I like being single. I wouldn't turn down a relationship, but thats what I want, a relationship that will last. Im not into one night stands, etc.

You are educated, it just the way you look at it. I know you are skilled in hand on tasks. There are two types of people, academic and trade (hands on) both are as important as the other.
you have positive qualities, skills and talents that academic wont have.

As for you body. I am not that good at advice, just that, everyone body is a bit different.

its looking like I have diabetes good bye military career hello back stabbing civi street I hate civi street truly a disaster 4 years of vertigo and everything else that brought. and just as i start to get it together and get on with my fitness again this happens make things worse im currently stuck in a dead end job