• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Happy Topic!

Don't think I've ever posted in here before, but I'm massively happy, because today I started a completely new job, 100% different from teaching*, at a place that I love, with a role that I'm really interested in. 'Tis an interesting new chapter in my life, that's for sure...

:D :D :D

* - still love and miss the actual teaching and working with students, but the paperwork can go to hell)

Oh, that's fantastic, Mark! Well done and good luck! :D

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

Well done Mark, really pleased for you!

In short, my life is finally becoming everything I ever wanted it to be and more, and it's been a long time coming. :D :D :D

Well done on the new job :) and good to hear things are going well Bear :)

As for me, I've just had a lovely 21st birthday and so I'm just in a great mood! :)

Finally received my certificate! :D

grade8certificate.jpg

My cousin has just given birth to her first baby, a boy called Leo! :D So happy for her and looking forward to meeting her little one soon!

Lottie. said:
My cousin has just given birth to her first baby, a boy called Leo! :D So happy for her and looking forward to meeting her little soon!

Congratulations to your cousin, Lottie! ;D

I was in the queue with him at the co-op in his parent town. Did not say i knew who he was, but said "Just stocking up on snacks for Firing Cheeseballs at a Dog i recorded last night, that guy is funny." paid and walked off. Just waiting to see if he has a weird Guy in shop in one of his shows, it could be me :D

GOT A JOB!

Today I got offered a job - a genuine, long-term, graduate career. My three month interview was the most difficult experience I've ever had, especially living in a different country, but I put in so much bloody work and it paid off. And tomorrow I fly home, where I have at least 3 months of doing nothing. And cats!! :D

So basically it's uni application time right now (well, the deadline's already gone for Oxbridge/medics) and going to the school I do, I've been under a hell of a lot of pressure to get on with applying - but I'm genuinely unsure about what I want to commit to 3 years of, and thus it's been making me super-miserable.

However, I have the best form tutor in the world, and (unlike our careers advisor) he's been totally understanding and really supportive, and so now I'm taking a year out before applying anywhere and that's absolutely fine - things are much clearer and I'm somewhere close to happier :)

Had a busy day today and got plenty of stuff done. Got a little project that I have been working on for a while almost done, just needs a little bit of painting done to finish it off.

Just a little update, I made this shelf for the bathroom. We had a cheap nasty and very rusty towel rail that we put up when we first moved in. I saw this originally on pinterest and wanted to make it.

It was easy enough to make. Just three cheap shelves from B&Q and a bit of paint and some rope. The only problem for us was the fact we live in a flat so we dont have anywhere to really paint things and easily leave them to dry so we had to do it round Carlas mum and dads.

Also drilling the holes in the shelves for the rope to go through I used a pillar drill at my mum and dads. Made it much easier to drill through all three shelves at once :D

PA011348.jpg