• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Happy Topic!

I got paid today. Turns out I got more than I thought I would, as I missed 8.5hrs off my records somewhere. And I've also been given a pay rise, which I didn't expect! It's only an extra 16p per hour, but I think it's at least an extra £120 over the course of a year!

Oh, and I've bought a new laptop, which I'm picking up on Monday. :D

Weekend off :) this is my first Saturday off work since South meet 4 weekends ago! So relaxing say, plus im off out tonight for a few alcoholic drinks :D

After 2 of the most difficult years of my life spent out of education, I'm pretty chuffed that I'll be starting Level 3 Engineering in September. :D
buREL.gif

Well done Panda. Which one is it you're studying?

Bit of a coincidence because I just received my Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma Electrical and Electronic Engineering results yesterday in the post and I am thrilled to say that I got a triple Distinction Star (D*), which is the highest you can possibly get!

Because of this, I am now going to start a BEng course at Portsmouth University for Electronic Engineering along with possibly a scholarship starting this September.

Never thought I'd ever get grades as high as this!! :)

Panda, That's great news.
Which awarding body is it with BTEC, C&G ?

Thankyou! Not too certain, but heard "BTEC" flying around a bit? Will have to pay more attention next time.

Well done Panda. Which one is it you're studying?

The course is just 'Engineering' so as to not mislead people (apparently), but people can focus on different things. I'm going for Electronics (after doing that for GCSE) and hopefully hydraulics. :)

Congrats on your grades, that's impressive!

The course is just 'Engineering' so as to not mislead people (apparently), but people can focus on different things. I'm going for Electronics (after doing that for GCSE) and hopefully hydraulics. :)

Congrats on your grades, that's impressive!
Thanks! It sounds like you're doing the same course that I did, which was an extended diploma BTEC course for 2 years.

The trick is when it comes to every assignment, always aim for distinction grade level criteria, because you only get one shot at each one and you can't do them at a later date or retake them. This was a mistake some others I know made.

For the second year, is there a project involved which you have to make from scratch? If there is, I created a device which is a digital clock and a 3-axis g-force accelerometer in one circuit which if made into production would be in the size of a watch. My use for it would be to use it on roller coasters and attractions to see what forces I experience at certain points during a ride! :)

If you're interested in seeing how it worked, here is a link for a recorded video I made showing the prototype working:

Have a great time studying electronics. Its a great subject to learn and can be really interesting!

Feeling pretty happy with my GCSE results: 5A*s, 3As, 2Bs, a Distinction* in PE Theory, and a Distinction (top marks) in IT.

This means I'm good to go with my A Level course as I got A*s in Literature, Language, and Maths and an A in Physics :D

I'm on holiday next week - first break I've had since Junket in April. And it's looking like I'll be popping over to Leicester in a month or so to see them play United on the 21st. Only about six days short of eleven years since I last saw the two teams play there, which was incidentally my first football match. Weirdly, I've only ever seen United play twice - the first being back in 2003, and the second back in December 2013. This is the problem with living in Cornwall, and the closest half-decent team being Plymouth Argyle. :p It also says a lot that I've seen Leicester play more times than I've seen United, but given that I have members of my family who support Leicester, that says a lot. :p

Going on my first holiday/break since Brixham last year to Scotland for a long weekend with my dad tomorrow. Going with a bunch of friends as one of them organises driving events, which is what this holiday is.

Really looking forward to it. :D

Feeling pretty happy with my GCSE results: 5A*s, 3As, 2Bs, a Distinction* in PE Theory, and a Distinction (top marks) in IT.

This means I'm good to go with my A Level course as I got A*s in Literature, Language, and Maths and an A in Physics :D

Wow, great results, especially the maths just because that was my worst nightmare at gcse haha. So you're doing those 4 subjects for AS then? I used to do language and lit when I first started A levels :)

I've been really happy recently after getting my AS level results where I managed to pick up some A grades which I couldn't believe, especially as I left last year with 1 AS at grade E due to not being in school because of mental health problems. They continued into this year and still really effect me but I bossed it and I'm proud of myself for once! :D

Last edited:
Wow, great results, especially the maths just because that was my worst nightmare at gcse haha. So you're doing those 4 subjects for AS then? I used to do language and lit when I first started A levels :)

I've been really happy recently after getting my AS level results where I managed to pick up some A grades which I couldn't believe, especially as I left last year with 1 AS at grade E due to not being in school because of mental health problems. They continued into this year and still really effect me but I bossed it and I'm proud of myself for once! :D

Yep, they're my four choices. I was planning on doing those since the start of Year 11 and my results have cemented them :D

Congratulations on your AS results too! Sounds like your hard work paid off :)

Yep, they're my four choices. I was planning on doing those since the start of Year 11 and my results have cemented them :D

Congratulations on your AS results too! Sounds like your hard work paid off :)

Thank you! :D
And good luck with your a levels! I did really like lit and lang :)

Nearly 6 years since I got my gcse results it always reminds you how good school was