• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Happy Topic!

After months of uncertainty surrounding the industry I have been studying and working in over the last 3 years, I'm ecstatic to have been offered one of my dream jobs today! I don't yet know many details other than what the position actually is, but the interview seemed to go really well yesterday and it'll certainly be a great springboard for me in the future. :D

After months of uncertainty surrounding the industry I have been studying and working in over the last 3 years, I'm ecstatic to have been offered one of my dream jobs today! I don't yet know many details other than what the position actually is, but the interview seemed to go really well yesterday and it'll certainly be a great springboard for me in the future. :D
Congratulations @Burbs ! Good luck for when you start. :)

Congrats Burbs! :)

Congratulations @Burbs; glad you’re going into a position you’re enthusiastic about, and I hope you enjoy it!

As the saying goes; find a job you love, and you’ll never work a day in your life!

Congratulations @Burbs what a crazy time in that industry but hopefully one on the up *crosses fingers*. All that hard work has paid off and I hope it's everything you want and more. Good luck!

Equally Congratulations @Jonathan and good luck on your exam. Anyone who has done an OU course will appreciate how quickly the modules come round and the self discipline needed to get them out is hard work in itself. We'll done :D

I've been working constantly at the minute but in a few days I'm finally going to a festival again after it was (obviously) cancelled last year and I can't wait. It finally feels real and when I went last time it was genuinely probably the happiest time of my life. Just a couple more shifts then I'm drunk in a field seeing the bands I love for 5 days!

I've been working constantly at the minute but in a few days I'm finally going to a festival again after it was (obviously) cancelled last year and I can't wait. It finally feels real and when I went last time it was genuinely probably the happiest time of my life. Just a couple more shifts then I'm drunk in a field seeing the bands I love for 5 days!
Have a good time Heidi, but remember to keep hydrated and use sunscreen as it's going to be really warm for a couple of weeks. :)

Have a good time Heidi, but remember to keep hydrated and use sunscreen as it's going to be really warm for a couple of weeks. :)
Thank you! I will don't worry, it was actually a nightmare getting water last time and lots of people complained so I'm hoping theyve improved the situation this year

e4c5d44cc52eb93cc1e7a38fa6dd4b70.jpg

Saw my boyfriend for an hour today while he was passing through Stoke station, and I finally got my long-overdue Christmas present. <3 Yes, it was released a few months after Christmas, but it still counts. :tongueout: It looks better than I’d anticipated, and I did get a little teary-eyed when I finished it - I think I subconsciously knew just how important a model it is. I did have to stop halfway through building it, though, primarily because I’d randomly decided to put ABBA’s ‘Gold’ album on, causing me to think 'How gay am I?'…:tearsofjoy:

Update: head hurts

Just want to gush about the birthday present I've found for my mum! I've managed to track down a really obscure and extremely rare DVD collection of The Wind in the Willows, which is an old animated series from the 1980s (with characters voiced by David Jason and Peter Sallis). They are long-forgotten now, but we all loved watching them as a family when I was young, especially with my mum's brother who is no longer with us. We always had to make do with a few old wobbly VHS tapes and some that my uncle had recorded from the TV in the 1990s; she had managed to burn a few to DVD to rescue them but the quality was awful! Now I've managed to track down all five series in a complete collection which also includes the two feature-length films. It's just arrived through the post and it's in fantastic condition for something so hard to find, and I can see that there are loads of episodes that we have never even seen. I can't wait to give it to her on Friday, she will probably cry! :)