• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Happy Topic!

Well then, this might sound rather meh for most of you but for being living so far from Towers, but I'm happy to that this July I'll be making a long awaited return to Towers and a first staying at Splash Landings with my missus in which will be her first time visiting Towers.

Good to be looking forward for a trip down south once again and maybe even happen to see some of you good folk! :)

Posted a while ago in the I Feel Down topic and after getting through a very stressful time I'm doing a lot better now! People in the student DM group will already have heard this but I've just finished all of my assignments which I was super stressed about, and now I've got a good week planned with the pub tonight and out tomorrow with my housemates to celebrate exam season being over, my boyfriend visiting me next week when I haven't seen him in weeks, and a party for my birthday next week. My next semester has way less modules so I think it's going to be way less stressful and hopefully I can get some more hours in work, plus I'm focusing on my driving lessons and should be sorting that soon. Now all I'm really worried about is my results coming back but as long as I've passed, which I really imagine I have, I'm all good!!

I found out earlier this morning that Truro Methodist Church, one which I attended a few times when I lived in Cornwall, has voted overwhelmingly in favour of allowing same-sex marriages on its premises. The minister there was quite strongly in favour of it from what I can gather, which may have helped to sway things, but I'm happy with that in any respect. I wonder what the vibe is in my previous circuit in St Austell, and I have suspicions that it may be more positive than I was first thinking.

EDIT: I've also managed to find the list of signatories to a letter to Liz Truss in support of the ban on 'conversion therapy'. There are at least two local preachers from my previous circuit on there, the minister of Truro Methodist Church, another minister who was in the St Austell Circuit for a few years, and - perhaps unsurprisingly - my older brother.

Last edited:
In a few weeks' time, I'm finally accomplishing something I've wanted to do for years as a way of helping to build my confidence.

I'm flying somewhere on my own. :D

It's only from Manchester to Dublin, but it's an airport I know fairly well (for obvious reasons :p ), and it's not an overly long flight. Plus Mike's meeting me in Dublin, so it's not as though I'm doing it completely on my own. The one disadvantage, though, is that I'm flying with Ryanair, and even this early on, the plane's looking rather wedged. So...Wish me luck. I might need it. :p

About to get on a train to Norwich for my first live music gig post pandemic. Everything Everything, which for me is like a religious experience in any case, but being in a room of 700 sweaty dancing people feels like the last step back to normality and I'm a slightly emotional level of excited. If they knock out Kemosabe I'm not sure I'm going to be able to hold myself together.

About to get on a train to Norwich for my first live music gig post pandemic. Everything Everything, which for me is like a religious experience in any case, but being in a room of 700 sweaty dancing people feels like the last step back to normality and I'm a slightly emotional level of excited. If they knock out Kemosabe I'm not sure I'm going to be able to hold myself together.

Nice, I'm going to the London date on Wednesday. Extremely excited too. Enjoy!

Good luck with the gig...just a shame you have to suffer that Norridge beer!

Well then folks, as some of you know that I'm something of a railway fan and even something of an amateur railway consultant whenever I'm not trying to help with suggesting with theme park ideas (E.G the Discovery Port Idea for TWODW if you remember), however on a serious note I have set myself up of writing up a light railway proposal for a long since closed railway in my neck of the woods and how it can be delivered far cheaper than that of heavy rail and how it can benefit other than all the usual green credential malarkey you get with any rail reopening campaign and how many lines wanting to be reopened can be done without the need of waiting for government funds. (For those interested, this is the Leslie railway we're talking about)

For anyone in the know, I'm basing my concept on the Class 139 Parry People Mover that currently works on the Stourbridge shuttle line which to me is perfect for what is needed. It's going to be a hell of a proposal covering how to rebuild a line through a heavily urban area in the most plausible way possible. Far as I'm aware not one rail campaigner has looked into this idea so I do feel somewhat happy that I'm, hopefully, about to breaking new ground in which while I'm unsure if it ever might happen, getting support behind it would go a long way.

So yeah, this thing is going large as I'm already at 13 pages writing this up and I'm not even halfway yet...wish me luck. 🤞

Well then folks, as some of you know that I'm something of a railway fan and even something of an amateur railway consultant whenever I'm not trying to help with suggesting with theme park ideas (E.G the Discovery Port Idea for TWODW if you remember), however on a serious note I have set myself up of writing up a light railway proposal for a long since closed railway in my neck of the woods and how it can be delivered far cheaper than that of heavy rail and how it can benefit other than all the usual green credential malarkey you get with any rail reopening campaign and how many lines wanting to be reopened can be done without the need of waiting for government funds. (For those interested, this is the Leslie railway we're talking about)

For anyone in the know, I'm basing my concept on the Class 139 Parry People Mover that currently works on the Stourbridge shuttle line which to me is perfect for what is needed. It's going to be a hell of a proposal covering how to rebuild a line through a heavily urban area in the most plausible way possible. Far as I'm aware not one rail campaigner has looked into this idea so I do feel somewhat happy that I'm, hopefully, about to breaking new ground in which while I'm unsure if it ever might happen, getting support behind it would go a long way.

So yeah, this thing is going large as I'm already at 13 pages writing this up and I'm not even halfway yet...wish me luck.

Don't fancy writing one up for Bristol and putting the good people of the city out of their misery while you're at it do you? While the city chokes with congestion, there's closed lines everywhere, one of them is still even operational for goods traffic (Henbury Loop) and they can't even open that!

I must admit, public transport infrastructure has always fascinated me. You'll have to let us know how you get on.

Don't fancy writing one up for Bristol and putting the good people of the city out of their misery while you're at it do you? While the city chokes with congestion, there's closed lines everywhere, one of them is still even operational for goods traffic (Henbury Loop) and they can't even open that!

I must admit, public transport infrastructure has always fascinated me. You'll have to let us know how you get on.
I must say Bristol would be a whole different kettle of fish to deal with as would needing to take a closer look on it, but my own thoughts on the matter is use light rail, by far a more cheaper and more useful option than that of heavy rail and have in place a metro system as akin to Tyne and Wear Metro which in all honestly could even serve far more than even the closed routes could do.

But thanks anyway, I'll hopefully be able to let you guys find out how things get on soon enough.

Public transport in Bristol is laughably bad. Train services are worse than in some rural areas in terms of frequency and reliability and the buses just get stuck in traffic and don't seem to ever go where you need them to! We've had a 'metrobus' network installed in recent years, which are buses that run in concrete channels on the existing road network and frankly it's all a bit of a joke.

The problem is the city is just too hilly for a light rail or tram system and not really big enough to warrant an underground network. The main rail hub (Temple Meads) is also nowhere near the city centre so the existing rail network is limited in its usefulness.

People do often cycle but again, hills, and the lack of dedicated cycle lanes makes it very hazardous. Not an option for me as I have no natural balance.

Basically you need a car. And not a diesel because of the Clean Air Zone restrictions.