• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Happy Topic!

Wayhey!!!
Managed to close my eyes between clicking on the F1 topic and actually looking at any words.
Another half hour to the cheapskate highlights, might have a double hit today, F1 and Match of the Day with no spoilers.

Well then, it is rare that I post in this thread as you'll probably know I'm always in the other thread, but I have good reason to be here as I'm happy with the work I'm doing which could be quite something that I don't think we've seen regarding Alton Towers' history.

Over on the alternate history forums, I have just started writing up my alternate history of Alton Towers which you can read here. However, I'm wondering should I upload it on the Talbot Street section of TS if anyone on here wants to read it? I'm currently working on the next chapter in which we see quite a different Rita and for spoiler warnings, no, there is now Cross Valley Coaster here though it does cause some side effects for Towers here in more ways than one regarding planning... ;)

Would be happy if people will want to see more.

Well I don't know if you could call this 'happy' depending on what you think of the place...

I'm happy to say that for next July, I'm booked for a week long holiday with much of the extended family to Yorkshire and with it, my first ever trip to Flamingo Land! More credits to take and other than knowing that Hero is awful, I'm walking into this park blind cold turkey so I have no idea what to expect.

But yeah, roll on next July for more theme park adventures for me at a place I've never done before and wish me luck! :)

Well I don't know if you could call this 'happy' depending on what you think of the place...

I'm happy to say that for next July, I'm booked for a week long holiday with much of the extended family to Yorkshire and with it, my first ever trip to Flamingo Land! More credits to take and other than knowing that Hero is awful, I'm walking into this park blind cold turkey so I have no idea what to expect.

But yeah, roll on next July for more theme park adventures for me at a place I've never done before and wish me luck! :)
If you're going on a peak day, expect hell I'm afraid!

Last edited:
Submitted another OU assignment last night. Not due for another three weeks, but I didn't want it hanging over me through the Christmas period, and I like to get ahead. :p Was hoping to finish it by Thursday, but I was on a roll yesterday, and it helped that the final three questions of the five were infinitely easier to typeset than the first one in particular.

Assignments in three weeks early????
Now I know you are weird.
Done lots of qualifications over the years, a new one every decade or so...
But never, ever, sent an essay in early.
Extension notes, hundreds of em!
You mean you didn't think I was weird given the number of years you've been on this site and interacted with me? :p I just like making sure I'm ahead and can then spend more time relaxing & enjoying myself. Plus it means that if I encounter any issues, I've got more leeway if I'm awaiting a reply from my tutor or something.

I couldn't agree more with your viewpoint @Jonathan. I've just finished Semester 1 of my second year at university, and I've gotten all three of my assignments in already even though two of them weren't due until January!

It might have helped that I only had three assignments to grapple with this semester as opposed to the usual four, but even going back to GCSEs, I've always found that starting early and taking a "little and often" approach to working has helped me. It means that I get things done early when faced with assignments as I am in university, and it also gives me a considerable time buffer that comes in handy if I face setbacks.

Putting that aside, congratulations to you on finishing your assignment!

I think it's mostly because January deadlines are stupid, it makes more sense to have your semester 1 work done at the end of semester 1 not at the beginning of semester 2.
Yeah, this may be it. It's how things worked when I did Law many years ago, and seemed a lot more sensible. The OU's study planner suggested having a break over Christmas and then completing the assignment. No thanks - I'd rather get it done before Christmas and relax.

Velvet Coaster for an early lunch today, just me and my good lady, quick in and out fry up with a pint, bloody lovely.
New Years Day, freezing cold and raining hard, the place was bloody packed!

Finally been on a plane on my own. :D Was only an easyJet flight from Edinburgh to Birmingham, but it counts. :p Security was a breeze - only took ten minutes to get through. There’s a Brewdog there which does an amazing cheese & charcuterie board. Flight was trouble-free. Oh, and anyone who knows me will be completely unsurprised to learn that I had alcohol on board (Johnnie Walker Black Label & Coke), because reasons. :p

Last edited:
Finally been on a plane on my own. :D Was only an easyJet flight from Edinburgh to Birmingham, but it counts. :p Security was a breeze - only took ten minutes to get through. There’s a Brewdog there which does an amazing cheese & charcuterie board. Flight was trouble-free. Oh, and anyone who knows me will be completely unsurprised to learn that I had alcohol on board (Johnnie Walker Black Label & Coke), because reasons. :p
I've been on flight from Glasgow to Birmingham and back...didn't even had the time to settle in as by the time I did we were about to land! 😂