• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Kind of Still New Layout Geek League 2018/2019

Sorry for double posting, but as you all seem so stumped, I thought it would be best to give you all your second clue now:
This coaster spent part of its lifespan as an enclosed coaster.
Hope that helps!
P.S. Also @Sammy, I think I have 1 point and not 0, as I guessed the last coaster correctly for 1 point.

Last edited:
See. I want to say Rampage at Big Sheep. But I know it’s not :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for double posting, but it seems that another 2 days have passed since our last clue, so am I able to claim 5 points? Or would you guys like a little longer?

Sorry for double posting, but it seems that another 2 days have passed since our last clue, so am I able to claim 5 points? Or would you guys like a little longer?

No. Matt, the 5 points are indeed yours my friend. So feel free to post your next layout whenever you’re ready!

Thank you very much @Sammy! I'd presume you'll all want to know what the layout is before I post the next one, so I think I'd better tell you all what the layout is.

Now, I won't avoid the fact that this layout was hard. Like, really hard. I myself even slightly regretted posting the layout after I posted it. I decided to post it after I recieved some criticism about my last layout being too easy:
Then post harder layouts.
So, I can tell you that the coaster I used was... the now defunct Lightning Bolt at MGM Grand Adventures in Las Vegas! The ride was an Intamin family coaster that opened in 1993 and closed in 2000. The layout modifications I was referring to in my first clue entailed the ride length increasing from 1,100ft to 2,400ft with the addition of new track by Arrow Dynamics, and the ride spent the first 4 years of its lifespan enclosed. If you want to know more about it, here's the coaster's page on RCDB: https://rcdb.com/105.htm

Before I cause mass outrage, I'd like to clarify that despite the coaster being long gone and not visible on Google Maps (I'm afraid that if you try and view it on there, all you'll see are some luxury condos...), I think @Sammy's rules permit defunct coasters provided that plans are available:
* Unique layouts only -
No clones or "off the shelf" models, this includes the originals of any cloned rides, ie. Blue Fire or Batman. Rides that have been demolished or are SBNO are allowed, as are rides under construction (provided accurate plans are available), though unbuilt concepts still remain a no-no.

And plans are available online... if you know where to look. For example, the layout is shown in this Expedition Theme Park documentary:

And on this Theme Park Review forum link:
https://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/p_613_9558_mgm_grand_adventures_lightning_bolt

It's also visible on Google Earth if you look at the site in the right year (around about 2002 offers a good aerial view of the layout).

I must admit that I wholeheartedly apologise for giving you all such a hard layout to work with. As my gift of apology, the next layout will hopefully be far, far easier.
P.S. Sorry for long post. Also, the next layout will be online ASAP.

Sorry for double posting, but I hope you've all recovered from the trauma of the last layout, as the next layout is ready to go:
Layout-Geek-League-2018-19-Drawing-4.png

This one should be much easier than the last one, and as usual with my layouts, the layout may not be 100% accurate, but I think it's accurate enough to get a good idea of the layout.

Nice one Matt and well done, nothing like a school kid getting a point (or five) over the resident geeks on here!
All good fun and absolutely no apologies required...
Though I see your apologies have developed wholeheartedly...

Well, I thought that this one would be easier than the last one. But obviously not, so here is your first clue:
According to RCDB, 6 coasters have been built at this coaster's park since this coaster was built, with a 7th planned for a future year.

Slightly annoyed it didn’t get that sooner ‘cause it crossed my mind before, but I overlooked it ‘cause thought it might have been too obvious! :tearsofjoy:

Anyway, here is the next layout:
FC51DA5C-B34E-4529-A18C-0DFBE4C208A9.jpeg

Random guess, as it looks similar, but would it be Diving Coaster at Me World in South Korea?