• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Retrosquad: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I spy an Extreme...

IMG_0188.jpg

I’m wondering if they’re going to open it tomorrow unless Leek Signs have done a emergency job on it.

Don’t think Towers or Disney will be very happy with them showing a Marvel Character on it. Unless they can do a quick bodge job somehow just to cover it for a couple of days.

I stand corrected. I thought they were weaning us off these temp flats this year by not replacing one of them. I still have no confidence whatsoever of a permanent solution ever materialising though.

Funk and fly still using the same soundtrack as last year...jeez man

I always found it funny how Livin' On A Prayer, probably one of the most hated-on non-novelty songs ever, was just being blasted out last season. I wouldn't mind the soundtrack if there were 200-300 songs but it always felt like the same 20-30 on repeat to me.

I do hope it isn’t a 1.4m restriction as my daughter is just over 1.35m and it be hit or miss if she gets to that height by October and we both want to ride Extreme as I wasn’t willing to spend £7 to go on 1 last year.
I think the towers have missed a trick with the Retrosquad as they could have easily brought in 3 flat rides that were in the park over the past 42 years like a Breakdancer,

I do hope it isn’t a 1.4m restriction as my daughter is just over 1.35m and it be hit or miss if she gets to that height by October and we both want to ride Extreme as I wasn’t willing to spend £7 to go on 1 last year.
I think the towers have missed a trick with the Retrosquad as they could have easily brought in 3 flat rides that were in the park over the past 42 years like a Breakdancer,
I'm afraid it is unfortunately.

Screenshot_20220319-192246.png

Does anyone not think that Retro rides should have been used for the Retro squad?
That’s a great point, but the park is desperate for flat rides so I think they have done what they can as a short term solution. The whole Retrosquad theme is a “good effort” attempt at disguising the well known fact that these rides can be found on the travelling circuits. There’s nothing retro about going to a fair, but the park have tried their best to theme them in what are tough times - but I really hope they’re phased out from next year in favour of well themed permanent flats that the park used to do so well.

Credit where it’s due though, they could have just slapped them on-site without any theming whatsoever and had happy hardcore beats trying to synchronise with “keep your head back” and Nemesis’s theme.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.