• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Retrosquad: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Guess the question remains if Merlin will actually invest in flats... roller disco is in a daft place however. Wonder how much the rent is for these ?

Guess the question remains if Merlin will actually invest in flats... roller disco is in a daft place however. Wonder how much the rent is for these ?
I've read online that they are being massively overcharged for the rent of Roller Disco, by someone who claims they know the showman who owns it. Not sure how true that is though.

The showmen must be getting a good rental price for the attractions to make up for the money they could have got for them in the spring/summer/Autumn fair circuits.

The showmen must be getting a good rental price for the attractions to make up for the money they could have got for them in the spring/summer/Autumn fair circuits.

That’s a good point. But on the other hand they haven’t got to dismantle the ride, wait for the next fair, travel with it, operate it for a few days, dismantle it, and then repeat, etc. This way they get to know exactly how much they’ll be making from the ride for the season and it’s located in one place so no travelling. I guess it’s a bit like the equivalent of being self employed but waiting from job to job vs the reliability of a long term contract.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seen under a video on Youtube that Spinjam was having "finishing touches" done today - ramps; etc. Whether that means the Retro Squad branding has been put on or not I'm not sure yet.

Vinyls have been added to Spinjam and it’s been testing today, you can see the “Queue line entrance” sign. I’d be surprised if it doesn’t open tomorrow - looks like quite a few members of staff were watching it test. It actually looks like staff from The Smiler were on the ride.

I’ve seen a couple of videos on Facebook today of Spinjam testing with the Retrosquad livery on, and it seems to be running quite intensely! Let’s hope this isn’t just for test purposes and it remains as intense when guests are riding it.
Also, I can’t remember if this was confirmed or not but I assume these temporary flats are powered by existing power supplies in the ground left over from previous permanent flats, as opposed to generators hidden from view?

Attraction Source posted a video on Instagram of it testing!

This might just be the most intense ride at Towers now 😛🤮

Ah yes this is the video I saw. I'd forgotten where I'd seen it or I'd have linked it. Looks intense but I think I'll be able to manage it. I can do Enterprise and Funk'n'Fly and not really get any effect from them so I might just be able to deal with this. it probably won't be too long a cycle anyway.

Looking at the ride you will use the old submission queue, but in reverse of last season. so you’ll enter it near submission, and then get on the ride on the left hand side where the entrance to the queue was last season.
staff were training today and managers were around so I assume it will open in the next day or two.

Looking at the ride you will use the old submission queue, but in reverse of last season. so you’ll enter it near submission, and then get on the ride on the left hand side where the entrance to the queue was last season.
staff were training today and managers were around so I assume it will open in the next day or two.
No need to assume!

It’s on the app ready to go too. Same ride graphic as mixtape mind 😛 Guess they don’t look too dissimilar from above.
034B1C48-9BC7-4C0B-8909-2D73BD93F1E7.jpeg

It’s on the app ready to go too. Same ride graphic as mixtape mind 😛 Guess they don’t look too dissimilar from above.
034B1C48-9BC7-4C0B-8909-2D73BD93F1E7.jpeg
Apart from the fact that Spinjam has 4 major arms with 3 seats of 2 attached to each and Mixtape is 12 arms of 2 you mean :tearsofjoy::sweatsmile:

Apart from the fact that Spinjam has 4 major arms with 3 seats of 2 attached to each and Mixtape is 12 arms of 2 you mean :tearsofjoy::sweatsmile:
Well, yeah I guess! It’s a bit sloppy but it’s still a spinny flat ride at the end of the day so I can kind of let them off.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.