• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Retrosquad: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
There seems to be a common theme of they fix one temporary ride and then another one ends up closed. Funk’n’Fly is back, but Flavio’s Fabulous Fandango has been closed all day.

I also think the ride people are probably in no hurry to get the rides actually fixed. The longer a ride is down, they are just saving money and maintenance.

Not that is what I am saying they are doing, but wouldn’t surprise me.

Anyway yesterday Funk N Fly was testing manually. Was up in the air, and was then roaring in various ways very slowly.

Someone did ask the op if It was opening that day and he did say no though.

I would hope Alton Towers included some form of metric in the contract with the travelling rides owners to account for downtime. Otherwise they would be paying out for rides that could shut all year. Some sort of minimum uptime requirement or refund for periods of closure would protect them.

I would hope Alton Towers included some form of metric in the contract with the travelling rides owners to account for downtime. Otherwise they would be paying out for rides that could shut all year. Some sort of minimum uptime requirement or refund for periods of closure would protect them.
Yeah you’d have thought there would have been a clause stating that for every day of downtime then xyz would happen: etc. They’d have been stupid to not include something like this

Funk n Fly is closed again, it closed Mid day on the 5th and doesn’t appear to have been open since?

On the 5th they let all those in the queue go on before it closed.

Indicating a staffing issue maybe?

Funk'n'Fly is closed again, you could play a drinking game for every time it's closed for a whole day. You'd probably need a new liver though.
On a serious note though, I know it's not supposed to be operating as much as it does, but it genuinely doesn't seem normal the amount of downtime that it's having? Spinjam doesn't seem to have any downtime, and Roller Disco doesn't do too badly. I think there are at least 4 different posts on TS socials this month stating it's closed for xyz days. Anyone know if its the same part of the ride that keeps breaking, or what the issues actually are? (besides being temporary)

Funk n fly has been closed more than it’s been open on my visits this season. Often with no sign of life at all. Yesterday it did have an entrance host telling you it was shut but no sign of the Mellors staff until much later on when they were fiddling with the middle part.

Spinjam seems to be fine and I’ve never seen it shut. And when Roller Disco goes down it seems to just be turned off for a whole day or two with no life or staff anywhere near it.

Funk'n'Fly has been closed on both of my visits this year, who knows whether it will be open on Friday for me. I know its being fixed today but it could very easily go down again within the next 5 days.

Funk n fly has been closed more than it’s been open on my visits this season. Often with no sign of life at all. Yesterday it did have an entrance host telling you it was shut but no sign of the Mellors staff until much later on when they were fiddling with the middle part.

Spinjam seems to be fine and I’ve never seen it shut. And when Roller Disco goes down it seems to just be turned off for a whole day or two with no life or staff anywhere near it.
You must have been right by me as I was there when they were trying to repair it.
BAF691A9-C011-4AAB-8D17-4A4355D27DE5.jpeg
I really hope they do keep Spin Jam as I didn’t think a ride would be more thrilling than mix tape.
Roller disco really has to go as it’s the most pointless ride unless you got staff to spin them.
Funk and Fly is uk but been on it twice now and think Forbidden valley needs another thrill flat ride.

You must have been right by me as I was there when they were trying to repair it.
BAF691A9-C011-4AAB-8D17-4A4355D27DE5.jpeg
I really hope they do keep Spin Jam as I didn’t think a ride would be more thrilling than mix tape.
Roller disco really has to go as it’s the most pointless ride unless you got staff to spin them.
Funk and Fly is uk but been on it twice now and think Forbidden valley needs another thrill flat ride.

They shouldn't be keeping any of them. Permanent attractions should be put in their place.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.