• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Retrosquad: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Always find that odd, the one speaker just after roller disco in the bush playing 80s music, while the other speakers/music in area are all different!

Always find that odd, the one speaker just after roller disco in the bush playing 80s music, while the other speakers/music in area are all different!
Usually the speakers all along the path from roller disco up to the towers play the retro squad music. However now with scarefest there’s only one or two on, with the others off or playing darkest depths audio.

I hope that doesn't happen, the retro-squad should go at the end of this season.
They will need extra rides more than ever next season with Nemesis gone.

Nothing wrong with a few funfair rides and a bit of upbeat music. Makes a change from all the dark depressing theming of most of the coasters.

Even the family coaster that is wickerman , ended up with a theme of being burned alive !!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I won't mind too much if any new machines coming in have Spinjam style reliability and not Funk'n'Fly style reliability. They still won't be ideal, but I'd say Spinjam is the only one that has massively helped this time, the other two have had way too much down time. Roller Disco less so, but still.

The downside with Retro Squad during Scarefest was the music choices were the same where they could have changed it up to fit in better.

People claim the rides don't fit in with the location but I don't think any land at AT is fully immersive except for Cbeebies.

Galatica & Blade don't work in FV, Enterprise didn't fit with Smiler, Oblivion doesn't fit a theme either, Rita and Dark Forest don't match up, Wickerman next to a SeaLife and Battle Gallions.

The whole place suffers from a identity crisis, Retro Squad just adds to it.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.