• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Retrosquad: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Those superstars are very good. Nice mix of fun and very confusing forces, and a surprisingly comfortable restraint, plus when the cycle ennds, and you lower down facing the ground, for the rider it looks very much like something out of Mission Impossible. I would not mind one of those at all.

Yeah I will say superstars are surprisingly comfortable and ride quite nicely, I did strain my neck one time tho on a superstar whilst it's upside down I find it quite hard to control what I'm doing with my neck I find.

Goodbye Spinjam. Hello froghopper it seems for 2023. Leave your stomachs at the entrance. I’ll miss Spinjam, not as bad as expected apart from the music.
Yeah I noticed it on the app too. I assume they'll do a promo video like they did for Spinjam. It will probably be called "Jumparound", as that was one of the names listed on the original RS advert. Real shame that its replaced Spinjam though!

That image is from Mixtape in 2021. It was never changed in 2022 for Spinjam, since tbh your regular guest isn’t going to notice the difference in how they look when glancing at the app.
Ahh yeah that's a good point. Hopefully Spinjam will be returning then, and either Funk n Fly or Roller Disco will be replaced.

Goodbye Spinjam. Hello froghopper it seems for 2023. Leave your stomachs at the entrance. I’ll miss Spinjam, not as bad as expected apart from the music.
I think if I was Towers marketing people I'd get the app changed so it does not show a train on the smiler in "that" part of the Staffordshire knot where the events of June 2015 unfolded.

A quick google confirms that there is a Superstar called Airwolf, though my first thought was of the Mondial Inferno of the same name that I rode about 10 years ago in Hamburg (though I did have to double-check the model name)
Airwolf came over to Hyde Park WW in 2015. Mellors do or did own a Mondial Diablo (Intoxx) which was over in Saudi. That’d be a decent flat to see brought in to Alton Towers.

Airwolf came over to Hyde Park WW in 2015. Mellors do or did own a Mondial Diablo (Intoxx) which was over in Saudi. That’d be a decent flat to see brought in to Alton Towers.
The HPWW Airwolf was a Mondial Inferno though.

Is it being stored to take away or just to protect from winter elements?
I can't speak for the other rides, but I had the opprotunity to observe a pull up of a extreme, and talking to the owner, they are fairly vulnerable as rides go. They would not winter well if left assembled, and so this seems quite likely. A lot of stuff like the hydraulic pump and resevoir, and the distribution block are basically out in the open, and depending on the state of assembly, have almost no protection until the ride is pulled down.

Seeing how Enterprise has almost been fully removed, I’m not so confident on my previous thought about Roller Disco going permanently. I think all three will stay now, and the Enterprise site will unfortunately become home to a 4th Retro Squad ride.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.