• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Retrosquad: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Seeing how Enterprise has almost been fully removed, I’m not so confident on my previous thought about Roller Disco going permanently. I think all three will stay now, and the Enterprise site will unfortunately become home to a 4th Retro Squad ride.

The enterprise site isn’t level as it has a pit for the boom arm so it’s not likely they will get a traveling flat onto that space until they can fill it up.

If rides keep on getting removed and having fun fair rides drafted in to replace them, then over the course of many years are you not left with, well, a fun fair?
Didn't Alton towers used to be a fun fair back in the 60s. Maybe they might replace Battle galleons with the swan boats if they can't think of a new attraction

I can’t understand what’s Merlin’s problem with fitting new flat rides at Thorpe, Chessington and Legoland but not at Alton.

I am sure Alton themselves want to add new flats, however currently there is not enough money in the capital expenditure budget they are given and have prioritised the money they have been given for other projects- The curse at Alton Manor, Nemesis re-track and Project Horizon. Hopefully we see some added in 2024 and 2025 alongside these other projects but I'm doubtful we will see much before 2026 the way things seem to be going and budgets the park have to work with.

I think people understand having the rethemed fair ground rides as a substitute for flat rides for a couple of seasons but 3 is pushing it. I cannot see it changing for the 24 season. I think there might be a drop off of people returning to the park. Even though Alton Towers is close to me only a 45 minute drive I am more looking forward to going to Chessington to ride the new rides.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Wait am I right in thinking that's Powder Kegs that was at Lightwater Valley? Or is it different?
I believe they are different rides. However, it does go to prove that if you purchase a good flat ride from a quality manufacturer it can be an investment that lasts 20+ years. Compared to the price of a coaster they are well worth it.

I believe a lot of old Alton Towers flats are still around and operational in other parks:

Gravitron
Dynamo/Astro Dancer
Energizer apparently moved to Spain (if I recall correctly)

Probably more?

I believe they are different rides. However, it does go to prove that if you purchase a good flat ride from a quality manufacturer it can be an investment that lasts 20+ years. Compared to the price of a coaster they are well worth it.
It's true, any RCT3 player knows that to get cashflow in quickly you just stick a few cheap flats down until you can build something better!

It is odd that the other Merlin parks don't struggle for a flat-ride line up; TP obviously has loads and even Chessington has some reasonable family flats. I don't really know why there's such an issue at AT, unless perhaps they've made a conscious choice to ultimately eliminate flat rides in favour of more coasters and themed dark rides? But then having the Retrosquad doesn't really make any sense...

Thorpes flats were in RCT3 style a way to rake in the cash after Colossus and deliver a park for the new audience quickly so 2001-2005 was the years of the flats to bring the park capacity up … since. 2005 though …. Dodgems only and relocated rides only

I’ve seen a rumour 3 times this evening that a ride from Scotland is coming down to replace Roller Disco. Star fighter or something?, I wasn’t going to even post this after I’d only seen it once, but have seen it another 2 times. Some rumours end up being correct after all, so thought it was possibly worth mentioning

It is just a rumour though. I not sure how reliable it is but thought it should be mentioned just in case. Anyone have any good authority on it?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.