• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Retrosquad: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I'd rather remove my ears with a rusty spoon than have FoT return. It was awful.

Well by the looks of it funk n fly, Flávio’s and spinball will all return, as on recent drone photos all 3 rides are still there, and I imagine if the owners had plans for them they would have taken them away straight away like they did last year, and like what has happened to roller disco.

The question is will roller disco get replaced by a new ride or will we just have the two Retrosquad rides?

Well by the looks of it funk n fly, Flávio’s and spinball will all return, as on recent drone photos all 3 rides are still there, and I imagine if the owners had plans for them they would have taken them away straight away like they did last year, and like what has happened to roller disco.

The question is will roller disco get replaced by a new ride or will we just have the two Retrosquad rides?
Remember that Mellors were advertising a while back for a super jump or something. Pretty sure that will be a replacement Retrosquad ride for 2023.

I always had a good spin on Roller Disco, we quite liked it. I'd have scrapped off Funk'n'Fly personally (and yes before anyone says anything like "scrap them all", we know, but it's not happening right now), but if it and Spinjam are staying then that's fine. Odds on them using the name "Jumparound" from the Retro Squad name selection video if it's a super jump.

I always had a good spin on Roller Disco, we quite liked it. I'd have scrapped off Funk'n'Fly personally (and yes before anyone says anything like "scrap them all", we know, but it's not happening right now), but if it and Spinjam are staying then that's fine. Odds on them using the name "Jumparound" from the Retro Squad name selection video if it's a super jump.
I agree, I never got all the really negative reviews of it. All those I saw that complained never said they made an effort to spin the cars themselves by leaning at the right moment - that was the key to a good ride and that's exactly how I got good rides on it, so Rollerdisco's ride experience was as good as you made it - bit like Marauder's Mayhem in that if you just sit there you go round and round. But if you put some effort into it and make the cars spin, you can get a decent ride. Granted nowhere near as intense as the fairground versions with blokes spinning you, but you can't expect that at a theme park!

Yes you can. I've done some properly intense flat rides at theme parks.

hm-winter-talocan_01.jpg

It's a shame the ABC Tourbillon's aren't much good (from what I've read anyway) as they look very cool when they're going and would be easy to market.

I can't believe the Retrosquad are going to be around for yet another year.

It's a shame the ABC Tourbillon's aren't much good (from what I've read anyway) as they look very cool when they're going and would be easy to market.
They're one of the coolest looking rides I've ever seen, but they feel quite lumbering and controlled. The multiple components that make up the gondola support make you think it would be a fairly out of control feeling, but the motion is quite predictable.

Not to say that doesn't make for a good ride in some ways, but it wasn't really what I was expecting.

I got that impression from watching videos of it.

There's definitely got to be an out of control element to flat rides to make them fun.

The rights to Nrothern Amusement's Superstar have been purchased in the last couple of years for new ones to be built. Please Towers, get a themed one
Just looked up this ride model, and it looks like it would be a good fit for X-Sector.

Yeah, one on the Submission site with a Tivoli Warp 10 to replace Enterprise would be great. There is a similar KMG but that is a terrible ride.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.