• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Retrosquad: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Yeah I'm not sure if I'd like that or not. I would hope the cycle at Towers will be less intense than on the fair circuit. Twistasaurus at Mingo made me feel queasy, so this might be worse.

No. Please no. We need some intense flat rides on park. The more intense the better.

Suppose the idea is that in dark forest, rollerdisco was hidden. This puts it into a prime location X-Sector Aka Butlins Fairground

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe it's easier to have them on lease/hire in terms of being condemned to maintain the damn things, and offers a rotating line-up.
Yep I believe that's what it comes down to.

The initial fee of buying the ride then having it shipped and installed, further maintained, all the landscaping done and permanent queue line installed and then theme the ride to fit in to the area. When they can just hire one for a season and boot it out. No different to leasing a car.

Yep I believe that's what it comes down to.

The initial fee of buying the ride then having it shipped and installed, further maintained, all the landscaping done and permanent queue line installed and then theme the ride to fit in to the area. When they can just hire one for a season and boot it out. No different to leasing a car.

I mean if that’s their issue then they probably shouldn’t be choosing to run a theme park.

It’s obviously cheaper to bring temporary fair ground rides but the overall quality of the product suffers.

They’ve gotten away with it for a few years due to the pandemic etc, I dare say they may do for a few more with the focus shifting to the Nemesis re-track and Project Horizon but they won’t be able to indefinitely.

The annoying thing about this country is there isn’t a Phantasialand or something similar to make stuff like this stand out so they get away with it for longer than they should be allowed to.

Please for the love of god can these abominations be sent elsewhere after this season? It's incredibly tacky and cheapens the brand a lot in my eyes.

With Nemmy 2.0 in 2024 and SW9 in 2025 they should be able to cope without them soon with hopefully the view on installing 1 or 2 permanent flats over the next 5/6 years (wishful thinking)

I did say this a few years ago. If people accept it they will keep them for longer.

I certainly think the new retro squad ride will be going in enterprises spot however my only worry is when oblivion, smiler have their soundtracks playing and then the 2 retro squad rides are playing music and jingles that would not be good audio wise.

Potentially could we see Spinjam and Twistatron having synced music if that's the case?

Just watched TPWW's vlog from yesterday, and I'm 100% confident that Start Fighter will be going on Enterprise's plot. The wooden queue line for Roller Disco has been completely removed. Two RS rides in one place won't look great, though.

Just watched TPWW's vlog from yesterday, and I'm 100% confident that Start Fighter will be going on Enterprise's plot. The wooden queue line for Roller Disco has been completely removed. Two RS rides in one place won't look great, though.
Agreed. To think of the work that went into X Sector’s original design; two major coasters with two well themed permanent flats. I’m sure we’ll see some permanent additions over the next few years. I’d happily take one supporting permanent flat installed every year between 2024 and 2028 to sit alongside the park’s major investments.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.